You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How long can we carrry a player like Sterling?

Code

I would have thought Suarez looked more trouble than he's worth from the outside looking in. That worked out well for us didn't it?

Regards Sterling, I think he's being badly advised and could ruin his career for a bigger paycheck which some players are not that bothered by, Sterling seems to and has stated that he wants to play football and win things.

I don't know where he will be playing his football next season and I can't say I'm all that bothered really. Sign of the times.

No one knows how Sterling's career pan out whether he stays or goes. Leaving us will mean playing with better players but less game time. Last season as an indicator this was one of the reasons he improved. On the other hand he wont be playing regularly as here.

The money side of the issue wont make a difference either way.

Sterling in the papers doing the old peace pipe. In some ways the mini downward spiral he is on right now (form not bad but not that great; questionable off pitch behavior; contract wrangle, unauthorized interview and falling foul of public perception) might work to our advantage. 

Another team might feel that it's more trouble than it's worth at the moment, with all the fuss around him. He's not that good of a player - yet - to put up with all that, but he is good enough, both now and more importantly in terms of what he could be, to mean that we won't sell unless it is for a very large sum. 

I'm predicting he signs a new deal in the summer and there's a bit of a love in all round from manager, player and perhaps others at the club. 

I want him gone and the new manager to use the £40mill wisely.

No one knows how Sterling's career pan out whether he stays or goes. Leaving us will mean playing with better players but less game time. Last season as an indicator this was one of the reasons he improved. On the other hand he wont be playing regularly as here.

The money side of the issue wont make a difference either way.

I think this he wont play as much as here is overplayed.

Any player who 'just wants to win trophies' especially one sterlings age, wont be bothered if he plays 25 games out of 38 in the league made up of 15 plus another 10 or so as a sub if they get their mits on a winners medal.

Thing is, he isnt going to get his hands on a league winners medal by going to arsenal.

It can be considered a bit pie-in-the-sky in some quarters but it genuinely wouldn't surprise me if Hodgson is suggesting to our players that their international careers would be best served if they were at another club. His bitterness and resentment towards LFC is barely contained at the best of times so I think he hates to have to come to Anfield to watch the players in action - not least because he won't get treated like the royalty he considers himself to be. If they were playing elsewhere, he's more likely to make the effort to go and watch them. The players want to represent their country so are likely to listen to any advice that they believe will increase their chances.

It can be considered a bit pie-in-the-sky in some quarters but it genuinely wouldn't surprise me if Hodgson is suggesting to our players that their international careers would be best served if they were at another club. His bitterness and resentment towards LFC is barely contained at the best of times so I think he hates to have to come to Anfield to watch the players in action - not least because he won't get treated like the royalty he considers himself to be. If they were playing elsewhere, he's more likely to make the effort to go and watch them. The players want to represent their country so are likely to listen to any advice that they believe will increase their chances.

I wouldn't put that past him, the nasty old weasel.

I'm in the pie in the sky camp mate. I've no love for Hodgson but to suggest he might be suggesting to our players however obliquely they might be better off elsewhere would be suicide. It would leak out in about 5 minutes and he would be toast along with anyone at the FA that was in on the act.

Let's face it, he wouldnt be the first international to suggest players move to a bigger club. But, I cant see him doing that as Liverpool are a big club, we're just not very successful on the pitch at the moment.

I mean if an england manager is suggesting player need to move to a club in the top 4 then football really is fucked.

Let's face it, he wouldnt be the first international to suggest players move to a bigger club. But, I cant see him doing that as Liverpool are a big club, we're just not very successful on the pitch at the moment.

I mean if an england manager is suggesting player need to move to a club in the top 4 then football really is fucked.

Football is fucked.

Football is fucked mate. Totally.

£6.45 booking fees dished out to your own fans, £50 normal match day tickets, a diminished atmosphere thanks to day trippers who don't know the songs, a club who target these people by turning the ground into an overly clean, overly priced, under populated with actual supporters theme park style venue.

I really am considering turning my back on it all at the end of the season when gerrard is gone. I don't see the value in it anymore.

• Upvote 1

Football is fucked mate. Totally.

£6.45 booking fees dished out to your own fans, £50 normal match day tickets, a diminished atmosphere thanks to day trippers who don't know the songs, a club who target these people by turning the ground into an overly clean, overly priced, under populated with actual supporters theme park style venue.

I really am considering turning my back on it all at the end of the season when gerrard is gone. I don't see the value in it anymore.

Too right. Read about the booking fee, absolute disgrace. Obviously they dont have an eye on the new legislation coming later this years to make booking fees actually in line with the true cost.

Having a seassie, I cant give it up as once gone, I'll never get it back. Must admit, Ive thought about it though.

I play cricket with 2 Bournemouth fans. Theyre already pissed off with likely season ticket hikes.Not even promoted yet and theyre looking to gouge the fans that kept them in business ten years ago. A mooted 600-700 thousand quid will come from that, on on top of the 80 million they'll maybe get from the PL. Hardly worth pissing them off is it? Cant help themselves can they? Twats.

• Upvote 2

I play cricket with 2 Bournemouth fans. Theyre already pissed off with likely season ticket hikes.Not even promoted yet and theyre looking to gouge the fans that kept them in business ten years ago. A mooted 600-700 thousand quid will come from that, on on top of the 80 million they'll maybe get from the PL. Hardly worth pissing them off is it? Cant help themselves can they? Twats.

I went to Bournemouth's home games whenever we weren't playing in the second half of last season, and was quoted over double this time round so haven't bothered going to any.

If they come up I'll have a look at the cost of a ticket purely for my own amusement, it'll be eye-watering for sure.

Bizarre what a very average game of football costs in this country, I've watched matches in some of the most famous stadiums around the world which cost less than they want at Dean Court for a Divi 2 game.

Raheem Sterling has revealed he dreams of having the Kop make up a song for him as questions continue about his long-term Liverpool future.

The England winger recently revealed he would not be talking about a new deal at Anfield until the end of the current season, drawing criticism from fans.

But, in a 'Day In The Life' feature in theSunday Times Magazine, Sterling admitted he loves having a crowd get firmly behind him as well as his desire for fans in the famous Kop to make up a chant for him.

"Of course, when the crowd is with you, there is nothing better," said Sterling, who has two years left on his current deal.

"My ambition is to have my own song from the Kop.

"Last season I loved the song for Luis Suarez - Steven Gerrard and Philippe Coutinho have good ones too."

The 20-year-old also explained how much in awe of Gerrard, who leaves for the MLS at the end of the season, he was when he joined Liverpool as a teenager.

"I was 15 when I signed to Liverpool's youth team, and I have to admit I was starstruck," he said.

"The first time I saw Stevie I thought he was a fake! I couldn't believe he was real and not a waxwork.

"My debut came when I was 17, against Wigan. I was first out on the pitch and I couldn't wait to get on the ball.

"I did four stepovers and a half-cross, half-shot, and every time I got on the ball I ran at the defenders. It was a good day for me."

Raheem Sterling has revealed he dreams of having the Kop make up a song for him as questions continue about his long-term Liverpool future.

The England winger recently revealed he would not be talking about a new deal at Anfield until the end of the current season, drawing criticism from fans.

But, in a 'Day In The Life' feature in theSunday Times Magazine, Sterling admitted he loves having a crowd get firmly behind him as well as his desire for fans in the famous Kop to make up a chant for him.

"Of course, when the crowd is with you, there is nothing better," said Sterling, who has two years left on his current deal.

"My ambition is to have my own song from the Kop.

"Last season I loved the song for Luis Suarez - Steven Gerrard and Philippe Coutinho have good ones too."

The 20-year-old also explained how much in awe of Gerrard, who leaves for the MLS at the end of the season, he was when he joined Liverpool as a teenager.

"I was 15 when I signed to Liverpool's youth team, and I have to admit I was starstruck," he said.

"The first time I saw Stevie I thought he was a fake! I couldn't believe he was real and not a waxwork.

"My debut came when I was 17, against Wigan. I was first out on the pitch and I couldn't wait to get on the ball.

"I did four stepovers and a half-cross, half-shot, and every time I got on the ball I ran at the defenders. It was a good day for me."

Just broke from tradition and read a paper when I seen this article, fuck me who is advising this dope, pure fucking schmooze

• Upvote 1

Just broke from tradition and read a paper when I seen this article, fuck me who is advising this dope, pure fucking schmooze

I get the impression this is the start of an attempted charm offensive.

The words door, horse, stable and bolt spring to mind!

• Upvote 3