You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which month were you born?

Hades

Which month were you born?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Which month were you born?

• January
    • February
    • March
    • April
    • May
    • June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December

Here's a somewhat alarming study showing the months in which European footy players were born, from the Freakonomics website. In my opinion it really promotes the case for home schooling.

Relevant quote:

43 percent of players were born in the first thee months of the year, while only 9 percent were born in the final three months. Children who are a few months older than their peers at 5 or 6 have more developed cognitive and motor skills, which makes them more advanced athletes and students. This early advantage can lead to self-fulfilling prophecies later on: the child thinks she is an underachiever, and so will often play that role.

Freakonomics » The Disadvantages of Summer Babies

Birthdates breakdown of European footballers.

Superfreak-Euro-Soccer-2.jpg

Interested to see if there are any patterns among GF'ers. Have kept the poll anonymous for obvious reasons.

Privacy. Might encourage more lurkers to vote.

But do we really want them voting? If they start voting they might get bold and start expressing opinions... then what? They'll be taking over next.

Keep the lurkers where they are I say.

Just had a horrible thought, I'll bet a lurker's already voted.

AND WE DID'NT EVEN KNOW!!!!!!!!

That makes no sense what so ever.

The school year starts in september' date='so those born in Sep/Oct/Nov are the oldest in the their school class.[/quote']

You're right it depends on the school year and not everywhere begins their intake in September either

But do we really want them voting? If they start voting they might get bold and start expressing opinions... then what? They'll be taking over next.

Keep the lurkers where they are I say.

Just had a horrible thought, I'll bet a lurker's already voted.

AND WE DID'NT EVEN KNOW!!!!!!!!

Or even worse Indian Red!

Private poll. Daft. I want to easily see who is awesome and born in June. We know that to be true anyway' date=' and there is a little cluster of awesome around my birthday with me, [b']Stu Monty[/b]and Ezekiel having birthdays after each other. D

Close the thread

You just went and ruined it.