You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Prediction Time

Major Tom

Too early. Arsenal might splurge, we might buy or not. Who knows.

Meh. Nail your colours to the mast.

I think we will be in the top 6 but which position therein I cannot see at this moment in time' date=' cup's are like boxes of chocolates they are a lottery so I am going to say yes.[/quote']

Agree re cups, obviously.

League we'll finish 4th-6th. Who knows where.

League: 5th on 67pts, missing the chance to tie with 4th on the final day of the season. Though Spurs go on to win their game and make it a needless comparison. We'll rue that loss to Stoke on the opening day.

League Cup: SF against Sunderland, we dominate them at home but can only take a 1-0 lead, which we squander in the away leg thanks to a late substituion bringing on Coates. Everyone blames Borini after the match.

FA Cup: 5th round. Knocked out by West Ham, Suarez gets banned for pinching Andy Carroll's arse.

Bit early for this as the transfer window is still open. But as it stands now I can't see us finishing in the top 5. This is the worst transfer dealings I can remember and I'm thinking back 40 years. I honestly think we have a weaker first team than we started with last season.

On current squad and summer signings I would have to say 6th in the League.

FA Cup is and always has been a lottery to predict but I would expect a longer and maybe even a winning run in the League Cup (assuming it's taken seriously that is).

In the absence of qualification for the Champions League a Cup win (yes, even the lowly old League Cup) would be massive for Brendan Rogers if not Liverpool Football Club.

On current squad and summer signings I would have to say 6th in the League.

FA Cup is and always has been a lottery to predict but I would expect a longer and maybe even a winning run in the League Cup (assuming it's taken seriously that is).

In the absence of qualification for the Champions League a Cup win (yes' date=' even the lowly old League Cup) would be massive for Brendan Rogers if not Liverpool Football Club.[/quote']

Kenny was sacked for achieving more, food for thought.

• 3 weeks later...
League: 5th on 67pts' date=' missing the chance to tie with 4th on the final day of the season. Though Spurs go on to win their game and make it a needless comparison. We'll rue that loss to Stoke on the opening day.

League Cup: SF against Sunderland, we dominate them at home but can only take a 1-0 lead, which we squander in the away leg thanks to a late substituion bringing on Coates. [b']Everyone blames Borini after the match.[/b]

FA Cup: 5th round. Knocked out by West Ham, Suarez gets banned for pinching Andy Carroll's arse.

I'd like to change my prediction, we will now blame Aspas.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

League Cup: Knocked out next round. Code to be furious about it.

League: Top four. Code's blasé about it. 'It's meaningless'.

FA Cup: Final, loss. Code to be furious, putting the blame on the manager who was lucky to get there in the first place, and says it's not an achievement. Unlike the last manager who managed to get us all the way to the final, which was a real achievement.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
cups - further than last year but no farther than qtr final in either

league - 6th (we'll be in striking distance of 4th pretty much until the end)

So pretty shit, then?