You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Are we even linked to Turan? I'd love him here, obviously.

His agent, worrying called Bulut (hopefully not short for BS), seems to be trying to engineer a move to the premier league and keeps mentioning us. Rafa liked him, so he will probably end up at Napoli with compatriot Yilmaz, who looks ace but no longer young.

Is he good' date=' moof? I have seen little of him. Does he play wide? So Coutinho can move into the centre, like.[/quote']

He's class, I've wanted us to sign him since 2008. I can see him playing in a fluid front 4 with Coutinho, Suarez and Sturridge. He's got a great touch and a good eye for a pass/goal.

His agent' date=' worrying called Bulut (hopefully not short for BS), seems to be trying to engineer a move to the premier league and keeps mentioning us. Rafa liked him, so he will probably end up at Napoli with compatriot Yilmaz, who looks ace but no longer young.[/quote']

I'm pretty sure he's a fan so if we can't pull it off we may as well just shut up shop and go home.

What's the deal with these mythical scouts from city? Who did they ever scout? Who are they, are they even real? Fuck knows.

Why can't we pick up these players before they are actually costing 30 million+.(coutinho aside)

They all start somewhere and other clubs are seeing the potential.

Word.

Its how this club became great.

With one or two behemoths bought in every now and then.

He also declares that, "I want to play in major leagues and my dream team is Liverpool." He added, "As I always mention, Liverpool attracts me because of their tradition. In Europe, I am a Liverpool supporter, so if I go to play in Europe, I would like to play for them."

Arda Turan is a boyhood Liverpool fan. He has stated this many times.

I remembered reading statements of his dream being a move to Liverpool since he was at Galatasaray and Rafa was our manager. He has said it openly I have even seen it on a video in an interview, saying : Abroad I supported Liverpool since I was a child.

So, it's not his agent trying to stir anything.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Exactly the same here Moof. I'm a big fan of the lad.

I'll third or fouth that motion. However, not at £25m. We should have had him for £12m the summer we got... you know who.

Yeah exactly! Finally someone has understood exactly what my point was!

Because that is what I said. I said quite clearly, lets not bother signing players as it's devilishly difficult and agents get involved just like Paul Dalglish is saying, so lets not bother.

I was responding to the tweets, not you. Sorry should have made that clear.

I was responding to the tweets, not you. Sorry should have made that clear.

Fair enough - sorry for being a grump twat.

But in all fairness - the tweets were in response to people asking why it wasn't sewn up quickly, he was just explaining why in this instance the agent was always going to contact other clubs.

This thread is so long, the jokes are being recycled.

It's somewhat troubling that we're routinely being gazumped by the dustbin we threw John Scales and Oyvind Leonhardsen into. I think our chances of finishing any higher than fifth are as good as gone.

Exactly the same here moof. I'm a big fan of the lad.

I'd love him here as well, still only 26, it's mental.

Having said that, I think Arsenal might do what Spurs have done, and offer more. Let's face it, they're going to be desperate to land someone.

I think we're more likely to finish our Summer spending with a double deal with Sporting Lisbon for Illori and Diego Capel.

• Downvote 1

Why would Arsenal want Turan?

They need, and have tried to sign a striker, a midfielder and a centre half? One area with which they are well stocked is wide, creative players.

Because what they need and what the sleeping bag wearing lesbian want are two completely different things.

Because what they need and what the sleeping bag wearing lesbian want are two completely different things.

Haha - no seriously. They have bid for Suarez, Higuain and Michu but not Willian, or even Fabregas. Nothing reported suggest Arsenal are after a player like Turan.

Worry not, gents. I've emailed the club.

You mentioned Yarmolenko the other day and it got me thinking about how shit Ukrainian's had been in the Premier League and how many they had actually been

Turns out there have been 5, Shevchenko,Rebrov, Voronin, Luzhny and some bloke I'd never heard of who played for Coventry or someone in 1997.

Oleg Luzhny is by far the most successful Ukrainian player in the Premier League! Wonder why so few have been signed though?