You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kolo Toure

jsims

Now its a done deal, what do people think of this transfer?

It's nice we got the business done early. I hope we made him take a huge wage cut because im sure he could have gone abroad, in some shit league, for one last huge wage packet. I doubt we offered him that so it shows he is still hungry to succeed possibly?

3 years younger than Carra with the same huge experience, i think its a good deal for us.

In his Arsenal days i read he was huge in the dressing room and is a good leader, which is another plus for us.

Obviously we still need one more top class, young centre back ( everyone is saying the greek kid is awesome) but kolo will do a lot better in the cup games, un like Coates.

And if we need him because of injuries i think i would feel more comfortable using Kolo over a player like Coates

Good singing for me

edit: Ah fuck somebody already started a thread on him......merge them please

Observations from the City end:

1) He clearly has weight trouble (but that seems true of his brother too)

2) This season, most City fans had little confidence he'd be able to play decently... BUT, he actually did. The old adage of 'first yard in his head' held true. The lad still has a good footballing mind which helps him.

3) I'm not convinced he's a week in, week out player - but I think for cover, he's still ok. Obviously, he'll be yet another year older, and slower, but still, probably a decent move for him and Liverpool.

Observations from the City end:

1) He clearly has weight trouble (but that seems true of his brother too)

2) This season, most City fans had little confidence he'd be able to play decently... BUT, he actually did. The old adage of 'first yard in his head' held true. The lad still has a good footballing mind which helps him.

3) I'm not convinced he's a week in, week out player - but I think for cover, he's still ok. Obviously, he'll be yet another year older, and slower, but still, probably a decent move for him and Liverpool.

Many years ago we used to say that when we got rid of someone not good enough for Liverpool - how times have changed.

Many years ago we used to say that when we got rid of someone not good enough for Liverpool - how times have changed.

Yeah, and we were quite glad of McMahon! More than good enough for us in those days.

Not quite as sure about Fowler and McManaman, but greats at Liverpool.

We were glad of Everton's cast off too back then!

To be honest, I'm pleasantly surprised he's come here. We are clearly not in the business of signing people up on silly wages any more, so he can't be coming here for one last big payday. If he's decided he wants to work hard, fight for a place and prove a point (in a World Cup year?) then I'll be happy with that.

Yeah, and we were quite glad of McMahon! More than good enough for us in those days.

Not quite as sure about Fowler and McManaman, but greats at Liverpool.

We were glad of Everton's cast off too back then!

I would have been happy with your cast-off a few years ago, when Everton signed Distin and we signed Kyrgiakos!

• 2 months later...

The only negative I thought about kolo is he left arsenal for the money at man city but I read an article today that suggests he had w big problem with gallas and Wenger chose to keep him over kolo.

I also watched his interview with man city today which was the first after he was back from his ban, he was talking about how kids were insulting him to his kids at school and they came back crying.He sounded fucking hungry in that interview and was saying he wanted to show what a good player he was without the need of any drugs, this was a couple years before being dropped for inferior players like lescott and natasic.

This guys up for the fight no doubt about it, he has everything you'd want from a CB and is fast becoming one of my favorite players.