You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Suarez Bite

Red Banjo

Given the fact that the FA are clearly influenced by the media and that it appears that even much of the media seem to view a 10 game ban as excessive it would seem to be worth the risk to appeal.

Is a 10 game ban potentially turned into an 11 or 12 game ban going to make much difference?

the way out for the fucking cunts is to ban him for the rest of the season and make the rest suspended sentence conditional upon Suarez doing something to show he will get help for his temper

....likely though they'll say fuck off, I doubt they'll add any games as they are probably a bit surprised some have actually come to his defence.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a single manager backing the FA on the length of the ban from their collage of presser's today.

That must be nice for them, knowing everyone thinks they are idiots.

Obviously Sly haven't shown Whiskeynose's view, but i guess we don't need to know what that would be. As long as he's on side - i suppose that's enough for them.

Got a link or some such to this mate?

Got a link or some such to this mate?

No sorry bud, saw it on Sly sports news. Allardyce, Bruce, Martinez, AVB, Clarke others I've probably missed- not one of them seem to support it. It must be embarrassing for them knowing all their managers think they are old, incompetent cunts.

I'd love to have seen the views of Paolo Di Canio and Gus Poyet, to really highlight the issue. Ofcourse they were conveniently missed off.

Given the fact that the FA are clearly influenced by the media and that it appears that even much of the media seem to view a 10 game ban as excessive it would seem to be worth the risk to appeal.

Is a 10 game ban potentially turned into an 11 or 12 game ban going to make much difference?

It wouldnt but I dont think they will increase it.

They'll suspend a few games off it I reckon. So he'll be left with 7 or something.

We are paying the price for NOT fighting all the way following Suarez "conviction" for racist comments we played nice in the face of a media onslaught even though we had a strong case. The faceless fucks of the FA need to be challenged for their arbitrary, inconsistent, and vindictive decision. We should challenge not only through football channels but through the legal system. We need to establish the equivalent of a disciplinary Bosman!

Before being given his ban, Suarez claimed that a standard three-match ban would be sufficient and Bean thinks those comments would have worked against him.

Similarly, Gordon Taylor was on the radio this morning saying Suarez's comments about how he deserved no more than a 3 game ban would have put pressure on the committee and acted against him.

Just how pathetic is that? It's as childish as biting someone. "Yes, well, and, we wouldn't have given you that much if you hadn't have said we shouldn't."

Are these adults?

WHAT HAS THAT GOT TO DO WITH ANYTHING?

Slightly different, but on a similar vein, another jobsworth is brought to mind.

I remember putting in some stupid tax rebate claim years ago on bad advice from my stoner mate. They sent a letter telling me that I owed them two grand. On the phone the fella couldn't wait to say, "And we would never have known that we'd overpaid you years ago if you hadn't have put that baseless claim in."

I said to him, "Did you even have to say that, mate? Do you not think I feel rotten enough as it is having to remortgage my house?"

I can laugh about it now but at the time it was terrible

If the owners don't challenge the FA here then Luis should walk, end of.

With the exception of the concern trolls who fear for Liverpool's legacy, blah, blah, blah, I reckon the great majority of fans feel that the FA has singled him out.

The owners would do well to listen to the club's supporters instead of the press.

Just how pathetic is that? It's as childish as biting someone. "Yes, well, and, we wouldn't have given you that much if you hadn't have said we shouldn't."

Are these adults?

I'm shamelessly plagiarising somebody on here (or twitter...or somewhere) but it stinks of a playground bully.

"Give me £2!"..."No? Now its £4."

Whoever said that summed it up perfectly.

I think so far we've handled this okay.

I've seen a few comments from people along the lines of 'If we don't appeal this, we're letting Suarez down and he'd have every right to leave because of it'. That's just delusional nonsense. He's the nutjob who bit someone! I'm all for supporting him for the benefit of Liverpool Football Club but he isn't a picture of innocence some are making out. I'm arsed because 10 games without our best player will hurt us, not because it might upset him to be sitting on the sidelines.

If he leaves because we're not good enough then fair play. Beat the club with that stick. But he won't leave because of lack of support over shit he's dragged us into.

If the owners don't challenge the FA here then Luis should walk, end of.

With the exception of the concern trolls who fear for Liverpool's legacy, blah, blah, blah, I reckon the great majority of fans feel that the FA has singled him out.

The owners would do well to listen to the club's supporters instead of the press.

What's so hilarious about it is the people who label him as a "disgrace to Liverpool's good name" are largely those who really could give a fuck about Liverpool more often than not. Sure we've had Souness' and Redknapp's opinions and even Thommo talked up a 10-match ban (probably gave them the idea really, I could just see the FA's reasoning "One of their own legends has suggested 10 games, fuck it let's go with that") prior to the ruling but there really is no argument for most everyone else and certainly not for fan's of other clubs to start talking about our "good name" like they actually give a fuck. It's why Slur's comment after the "refused handshake" was also hilariously funny to me, since when did he give a fuck about someone "disgracing Liverpool Football Club"?

In terms of whether or not to challenge the decision its a definite yes for him. I don't see anyway they could label it "frivolous" when there is both evidence that Luis Suarez gets treated differently from other players by the FA and there is evidence of other players getting off with less for the same or worse acts. There's simply denying either of those two points. The only way they could do so was if they just don't give a fuck how hilariously hypocritical they are.

Of course as others have said I'm sure they can find a way and whilst I've actually seen a few non-Liverpool supporters asking the same questions most have just said things like "Yea it's harsh, but he deserves it" (completely paradoxical by the way, something can't be harsh if you think it's deserved).

No sorry bud, saw it on Sly sports news. Allardyce, Bruce, Martinez, AVB, Clarke others I've probably missed- not one of them seem to support it. It must be embarrassing for them knowing all their managers think they are old, incompetent cunts.

I'd love to have seen the views of Paolo Di Canio and Gus Poyet, to really highlight the issue. Ofcourse they were conveniently missed off.

Ah, well - Poyet at least I can help you with (paraphrasing) he said on Wednesday it was 'pure victimisation - no grounds could be made for such a ridiculous reaction to a simple stupid but non-dangerous incident. English players would not be treated the same way'.

"It’s important the manager makes it seem as though the 26-year-old is staying, even if he isn’t."

Well he didn't did he? Immediately after the incident he referred to nobody being bigger than the club and nobody being irreplaceable. That sounds like an invitation for offers.

One day LFC will return to everybody acting and speaking in the best interests of the club. It hasn't been that way for a decade or so.

It's a joke, a complete joke isn't it. You either shut up and accept it or they'll increase the punishment from their little kangaroo court. That Taylor needs fucking off too the dwarfy little pinch faced cunt.

Highest paid union official in the world as well.....and when he goes we'll have and even bigger over the limit driving droning cunt in Clarke Carlise.

Highest paid union official in the world as well.....and when he goes we'll have and even bigger over the limit driving droning cunt in Clarke Carlise.

union officials are supposed to defend their members, somebody should remind him of his responsibilities.

Bleacher Report is really a shit website. That entire article is speculation and I'm fairly certain anyone can sign up to write there. I've got no idea what featured writer means but I'd wager it means his article get a lot of hits so they put him in front more often than not.

Martinez: "I don't think there is a question about the ban for Suarez. Everyone agreed it was wrong behaviour and he was the first one to accept it."

Btw, some of the managers have pressers on Fridays, and Slur usually have them Friday morning.

Suarez's goose was cooked last year the second he committed the duel crime of being good, and 'wronging' Ferguson. Ferguson's voice carries such weight with the authorities and media that his anger legitimises any other OTT reactions. To a lesser extent both Dalglish and Rafa fell foul of him the same way with the 'cracking up' shit. Ferguson essentially sets the narrative for your eventual destruction and he knows what he's doing. I never thought for one second he gave a shit about Evra, he's probably called him allsorts behind his back himself (we all know he likes sweeping generalisations about nationalistes, for example) but he does give a shit about people who he thinks could potentially be a threat to his own success.

Saying that, this is why I was so angry about Suarez giving them an 'in' the way he has.

Suarez's goose was cooked last year the second he committed the duel crime of being good, and 'wronging' Ferguson. Ferguson's voice carries such weight with the authorities and media that his anger legitimises any other OTT reactions. To a lesser extent both Dalglish and Rafa fell foul of him the same way with the 'cracking up' shit. Ferguson essentially sets the narrative for your eventual destruction and he knows what he's doing. I never thought for one second he gave a shit about Evra, he's probably called him allsorts behind his back himself (we all know he likes sweeping generalisations about nationalistes, for example) but he does give a shit about people who he thinks could potentially be a threat to his own success.

Do you think Ferguson would be better off focusing on teams and players who are actually going to threaten Utd's position at the top of the table? I mean, why doesn't he turn his sights on Silva or Hazard or Aguero?

Why do you think he is setting an anti-Liverpool narrative when we are not a threat at the moment?

Do you think Ferguson would be better off focusing on teams and players who are actually going to threaten Utd's position at the top of the table? I mean, why doesn't he turn his sights on Silva or Hazard or Aguero?

Why do you think he is setting an anti-Liverpool narrative when we are not a threat at the moment?

He has an anti-Liverpool bias for a start, that's beyond dispute, but he was given an inroad to make life uncomfortable for arguably the best player in the league who happened to play for someone else, and he grasped the opportunity with both hands. I'd be interested to see how much worse Terry's treatment would have been if he'd done what he'd done against a united player.

He has an anti-Liverpool bias for a start, that's beyond dispute, but he was given an inroad to make life uncomfortable for arguably the best player in the league who happened to play for someone else, and he grasped the opportunity with both hands. I'd be interested to see how much worse Terry's treatment would have been if he'd done what he'd done against a united player.

OK, fair enough. Though, I am still of the view that people overstate Ferguson's influence in things like this.