You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Suarez Bite

Red Banjo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest San Don
A criminal judge, when determining a sentence post conviction, may already take previous offences commotted abroad into account when determining sentencing.

Utter fucking tosh in the context you state. The judge cannot take into account crimes committed outside the jurisdiction of the UK when sentencing someone in the UK.

You seem to have difficulty grasping this basic fact.

Selling him is a foolish proposal- his goals are irreplaceable.

I agree that ten games plus would be harsh, expect 8- 10, to trump his first conviction, that would have some logic.

As a fan I don't want to lose him for any games, but I also don't expect him to go around biting people in front of a worldwide audience. A couple of games extra for being stupid would not go amiss.

Are you back from the game yet?

Guest San Don
In amongst all the media hype etc, I have to say fair play to both David Luiz and Ivanovic for the way they didn't make a massive deal over incidents where they'd have been more entitled to do so than simply being on the wrong end of a slightly late tackle.

Yeah, Ivanovic had a bit of a whinge in the heat of the moment, but he probably felt that Suarez should have been red carded, as he knew that would greatly increase their chances of winning the game. But he hasn't run to the media like a little bitch, unlike some little dwarf cunt down the road who was so upset, he couldn't get onto TV to start with his bullshit quick enough.

Incidentally, is there any chance of appealling the length of the ban based on precedent, in this case most likely to be Defoe? If it is only 1 or 2 games at the start of next season, I could imagine the club would accept it and move on, but anymore and surely an appeal would have to be considered??

Although the incident will be dealt with by an 'independent panel,' no doubt the FA will hand down the usual crap about appealing carries the possibility of extra games being added to the original ban.

I dont think there's an earthly that LFC will appeal any ban. What's handed down will be accepted by LFC imo.

Guest San Don
Luis Suarez deserves greater punishment than Mike Tyson for Branislav Ivanovic bite: JEFF POWELL | Mail Online

Just fucking amazing. Probably the most mental rant I've ever seen so far.

He's probably had that pre written and praying to god that Suarez dropped another bollock so he could use it.

Honestly, the whole episode is really much ado about nothing yet you'd think he'd actually bitten his fucking arm off. I can honestly say I've never seen such mass hysteria and overreaction.

I'd fucking love to poke jeff powell in the eye, then the twat would really have something to write about.

I didn't even bother reading that shit. Just pointing out that Tyson earns more than Suarez (at least he certainly did at the time), actually bit him more than once and took a piece of the ear off. If there were bite marks on Ivanovic, you can bet they'd have a pic of it on the internet somewhere by now.

I have had a bad feeling about this shit ever since the charge was made public. The more i think of it the more I fear that the club will just accept whatever the FA throws at him to avoid more controversy.

I hope I'm dead wrong, but if the club won't fight for a fair treatment I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to go. And the media treatment is so obvious that there is an agenda to drive him out of the country and how long will anyone accept this kind of shit.

Try to guess what was the theme of "Scotland Tonight" on STV (the ITV in Scotland) tonight at 10:35 to 11:15.

The Scottish Independence referendum? No.

The currency of a potentially independent Scotland and the upcoming talks with George Osborne in Glasgow? No

Braveheart? No

The Boston Marathon Bombs? No

Thatcher? No

Climate Change? No you idiots.

Believe it or not it was Luis Suarez. Are we part of a social experiment? Or a social trolling on a national scale?

I'm getting a bit lost here:

"Ivanovic was checked over for injuries by Chelsea after the game – there were none – and the Met police officer who visited the club's training ground also looked for bite marks or bruises. He too saw nothing. The officer, acting with the police on Merseyside, asked Ivanovic whether he wanted to press charges. He did not."

Did he actually 'bite' him or not? I reckon if I bit somebody I'd leave some kind of a fecking mark.

I think a large part of this insane hyperbole is because of Thatcher and our refusal to play along with the hagiography ginned up by the Murdoch press. Now Cameron is in on it, too.

This is about them hurting the club - Suarez is just the medium.

Luis Suarez deserves greater punishment than Mike Tyson for Branislav Ivanovic bite: JEFF POWELL | Mail Online

Just fucking amazing. Probably the most mental rant I've ever seen so far.

"Tyson subsequently apologised for turning the man known as The Real Deal into The Real Meal."

The Meal Deal would have worked better than The Real Meal IMO.

Let himself down there, did Jeff. Oh, sure, the rest of it is pure pencils-up-the-nose mentalism, but that goes without saying.

You are not supposed to bite people during a game of football but its hardly possible to actually hurt someone while doing it and the one running the biggest risk getting hurt is the one trying to do the biting.

In footballing terms its a misdemeanour as it can hardly ever hurt anyone and should be treated like so.

I honestly find the outrage on the matter funny because its blown so totally out of proportions and the supposed punishment does not fit the crime at all.

At the same time though Code, Blood Sport has been frowned on for generations.

The bottom line, is, that 'the majority' determines the punishment to fit the crime - and the majority, is represented (or rather mis-represented) by the governing body.

Luis has to take his chances, and as i said with the Evra affair, if he draws attention to himself, too often, eventually, trouble follows.

It doesn't seem to be in his character, to just knuckle down and get on with it, and if we condone it (biting), then we have a new sport - one that everyone can enjoy - 'Biteball'.

Edited by KopOut

No wonder the media go to town at a time like this. Their work is disseminated like at no other time!

Best avoided on all levels.

That Jeff Powell piece is just terrible, though. As someone commented earlier; end a guy's career? 3 match ban. Give someone a little chomp? One year please. Mental. The outcry over this is just ridiculous.

Edited by Major Tom

You would like to think that the local media would get behind him a bit. Not quite. Was appalled at Radio City's headline news this morning, reporting of a kid in Wales being bitten yesterday by a classmate and the kid 'allegedly' saying he was doing a Suarez. One of the most pointless news items I have ever heard, yet it is their main story. The fact they used allegedly makes it even more farcical.