You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

The way things have looked this season, even during that relatively good run of results, 'No' is the answer to the thread title question. Injuries and the loss of form of certain players have conspired to make this a difficult season for everybody but the manner in which Rodgers has set his teams up and the level of performances is making it looking increasingly as though last season was a deviation from his plans that was spearheaded by Suarez, whereas this season and his first one show more clearly that his approach isn't conducive towards consistent and incisive attacking play. And that's without bringing up his struggles with defensive stability and organisation.

Three more defeats, and he's a goner.  Two, probably a goner.  We're on an increasingly sharp downward trajectory.  If this isn't arrested, then Rodgers will be.

I honestly can't see us winning a game, after all the leaks about clear outs, how certain players should choose playing time instead of sitting on the bench, throwing players under the bus etc, The players have practically split for summer

Guest davelfc

It's bloody obvious that last season was thanks to Suarez, Rodgers hasn't a bloody clue, owners won't get rid though and if they did they'd just get another trainee in and run him for a few years while fans made excuses for him.

• Upvote 2

Guest davelfc

Whatever you thing about him as a football manager that's fine to express. But  I cannot understand the vitriol and moralising of him as a man?

Absolutely, even the very best lose their way and there comes a time when it's best to part company. Never an excuse to be classless about it, unless it's Hodgson of course the massive twat.

• Upvote 2

Whatever you thing about him as a football manager that's fine to express. But  I cannot understand the vitriol and moralising of him as a man?

True, there's no respect for the manager now.  I used to think it set Liverpool fans apart from other clubs but it's no longer the case.

Rodgers was one slip away from being deified.  Funny old game.  

• Upvote 1

Ridiculous comments being made as I expected, I must be the crazy for thinking that we could struggle against a team that sits back when we are low on confidence and not come to the conclusion the manager should be sacked.

Rafas the saviour I see despite the fact he's never beat a Steve Bruce team away in the prem despite playing him more times then Rodgers.

• Downvote 1

Ridiculous comments being made as I expected, I must be the crazy for thinking that we could struggle against a team that sits back when we are low on confidence and not come to the conclusion the manager should be sacked.

Rafas the saviour I see despite the fact he's never beat a Steve Bruce team away in the prem despite playing him more times then Rodgers.

Hull had never between Liverpool in the premier league until Rodgers came along, now they've done it twice