You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

If true, that's one of those rare transfers which I think is good for all three parties involved : both clubs AND the player.

Hope we negotiated a sell on similar to the Ince deal.

Jesus, how can one person be so fucking stupid. I never said the coaching staff was unfamiliar to Moyes, it unfamiliar to the United players. They haven't got the coaching staff they've previously worked with. That's a major disruption, that is change and change being the key word.

Moyes has changed too much. To sustain success, you change nothing.

Sorry Im still stumped, what do you mean, do you mean like he should have looked to bring in Brian Kidd or Steve Maclaren or that one who went to Real Madrid Carlos Quizzacal whatever his face is?

If true, that's one of those rare transfers which I think is good for all three parties involved : both clubs AND the player.

Hope we negotiated a sell on similar to the Ince deal.

its the sort of club he should be going to but I see his future being as behind the striker and I think Michu will probably play there this season

I reckon if Jonjo improves his finishing he can become a Kevin Nolan sort of player, not good enough for the top sides but capable of scoring plenty from midfield and well respected around the league

Shelvey is 21, pissed it in championship, has played for England, is one of best under 21 players and has looked to have good potential when played in the first team at lfc.If some sort of sell on fee has not been added its a bad deal, I'm going to trust that the club must have done this though especially considering how quickly a deal has been agreed.

I really wanted Shelvey to succeed. When he arrived it looked like he had all the attributes to make it here. Sadly it hasn't worked out. I think his decision making is the number one reason, sometimes I wonder what goes through his head. I remember him coming on away to Wigan once and some fella was slagging him off something rotten as he was having a 'mare, nothing working out for him. I told the fella to shut up and get behind him as he was in red just as we got a free kick about 50 yards out and he took it in front of Gerrard trying to catch the keeper off guard and it sailed about 20 yards wide. That sums him up for me, that and lunging into dangerous tackles.

Never quite pushed on Shelvey did he? I thought he looked a good bet to develop as a deep midfielder, kept the ball well and got stuck in - and probably needed the discipline that was needed in that role - but he started last season well and then just stopped, and didn't get better.

I don't think he will play enough really - Henderson, Allen and Gerrard will always be ahead of him as an attack minded midfielder and if they bring in a couple of others, he will get even less time. As usuall we have a great midfielder spread over two or three players! If he had Allens short game, and Hendersons displine he would be great!

Paulie knows.

Him pointing and shouting at that knighted prick should also be acknowledged.

I think its safe to say its been acknowledged. And blown up into his hype. It was the highlight on his career here and a sign of how far we have fallen, that in a game we lost and he was sent off in, we cheer him 'having a go' at Srgnt Slur on the touchline. If Neil Ruddock had done it it would be embarrasing and it was embarrasing, I can see the manc fans laughing their bez heds off at his remonstrations as he did it, clearly it worked and seemingly bought him more time to show us all how to run around like a madman and sky and balloon his way into LFC folklore.

Quite why anyone ever thought he could become a 'deep lying midfielder' is beyond the reasoning of the finest minds mankind has produced, he gives more free kicks away than Poulsen did in his pomp, has never made a successful tackle in his life and his positioning skills are on a par with Cadamarterie normally see him in the dressing room with his head in his hands while his team mates are on the pitch. Actuially thats wishful thinking because he hasnt shown an ounce of remorse for his shitty 'I can walk into any team'/'I can smash into players'/'I can smash the ball 40 yards over the bar when we really needed to try and get a goal but I didnt want to pass it cos Im billy badass and look nonchalon about it' attitude

Its bad when you have players who are clearly not good enough that we have to designate new positions for them that will reveal them not, in fact, to be shit but just needed a new position to shine in.

We have the same problem with Henderson and Downing to an extent. They get shoehorned because they are wank and just squad filling long enough until we can get rid and get some replacemints in.

Fans try to make sense of things and because a player plays for us must be on their way to becoming a top player, they cant just call it as it is, a shit player with limitations capable of the odd flashback wank pullback, spraying his semen all over the swooning crowd before departing down the tunnel.

Now he's been plucked like the winnet he is, can we admit he was in fact, absolute shite the whole time.

With Shelvey it was very much like the Tower of Babel - it was just a tower at the beginning but eventually they resolved to build a city with a tower "whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth."

Upon hearing of this development God came down to see what they did and said: "They are one people and have one language, and nothing will be withheld from them which they purpose to do." "Come, let us go down and confound their speech." And so God scattered them upon the face of the Earth, and confused their languages, so that they would not be able to return to each other, and they left off building the city, which was called Babel "because God there confounded the language of all the Earth".

And to be honest, Shelvey never really recovered from that!

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 1 t

According to my (poor) maths, if #LFC make £9m from Shelvey & Ince their net spend so far this summer will be zero. Wheeling & dealing.

I am not normally a net spend enthusiast but I hope FSG put some money in over and above sales.

Happy enough with Carroll/Shelvey out & Aspas/Alberto & Mignolet in which, as Tony B says, cancels out financially when Ince's windfall is added in. ( Toure considered an enforced swap with Carra ).

The fun starts now though with the Suarez / Reina & Mkitharyan situations.

With Shelvey it was very much like the Tower of Babel - it was just a tower at the beginning but eventually they resolved to build a city with a tower "whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth."

Upon hearing of this development God came down to see what they did and said: "They are one people and have one language, and nothing will be withheld from them which they purpose to do." "Come, let us go down and confound their speech." And so God scattered them upon the face of the Earth, and confused their languages, so that they would not be able to return to each other, and they left off building the city, which was called Babel "because God there confounded the language of all the Earth".

And to be honest, Shelvey never really recovered from that!

Just give me the Watchtower magazine and get off my doorstep!