You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Carrolls doing what we wanted Michael owen to do when we wanted him back from Madrid.Cant blame the guy for wanting to go back to his home town club over a club whos main ambition is mid table.

Fuck Newcastle though Id rather keep him in the reserves then sell to them for a pittance, this needs to get sorted soon though as there is only so long we can keep west ham hanging on.

Where would he play if he stays?

Surely unless he drastically changes his style, we are not good fit for each other.

Its like trying to kindly breakup with a psycho, but she ain't getting the hints.

In the local park, he's shit.

Guest ShoePiss
Where would he play if he stays?

Surely unless he drastically changes his style, we are not good fit for each other.

Its like trying to kindly breakup with a psycho, but she ain't getting the hints.

5th choice centre back.

MkHitAryan

Looks a very decent player, but I'd still be a bit nervous about spending £20m on a lad who seems to play for a team that can coast against other teams in their domestic league.

In terms of raw skill, he's impressive, reminds me a bit of Zidane or Gourcuff, in that lazy style but the ability to accelerate past someone from time to time.

But for me, I think we'd be stupid not to go and get Benteke now. He'll leave next Summer at best, and perhaps in the Winter if they sack Lambert early doors, so let's just cut through all the bullshit and offer £25m and a choice of any/all of Downing/Coates/Assaidi/Shelvey/Carroll.

But it's clear to see that Benteke has the right mix of mental, pace and huge power to score goals for fun. Our biggest problem is opposition defences trying to sit and crowd us out, but someone like Bentake or Lukaku or Gomez can be part of a footballing side but still have the presence to surge past a couple of players and mess defensive plans up. The quicker little fuckers in our team can then flood the gaps and cause problems.

I'd love Lukaku but Chelsea aint going to sell for anything realistic.

Mario Gomez is there to be had, any sane bid would be welcomed for him, and he's powerful as fuck and scores goals. Not sure about the pace compared with Lukaku and Benteke, but...

We can add all the fancy bastard players in the world if we want, but from time to time you need something else. Like that ginger cunt when he dominated Suarez for West Ham, fuck that, stick Benteke in and see how he wilts.

Spurs have it with Adebayour, City with Dzeko, United with Welbeck and Van Persie to a degree, Chelsea with Torres and Ba, Arsenal tried to do it with Giroud and Gervinho, it's an option you definitely need in this division if you want to win 60+% of your games.

We don't cave in to Newcastle. Push comes to shove, we keep him and he plays for his place, he scores a few goals, then sell him in January.

He probably doesn't want to stay at West Ham, and if Newcastle don't come up with the readies, his agent will probably tell him to hang around to see whether he gets a look-in with Rodgers ( or whether Rodgers job is in jeopardy by January )

MkHitAryan

Looks a very decent player, but I'd still be a bit nervous about spending £20m on a lad who seems to play for a team that can coast against other teams in their domestic league.

In terms of raw skill, he's impressive, reminds me a bit of Zidane or Gourcuff, in that lazy style but the ability to accelerate past someone from time to time.

But for me, I think we'd be stupid not to go and get Benteke now. He'll leave next Summer at best, and perhaps in the Winter if they sack Lambert early doors, so let's just cut through all the bullshit and offer £25m and a choice of any/all of Downing/Coates/Assaidi/Shelvey/Carroll.

But it's clear to see that Benteke has the right mix of mental, pace and huge power to score goals for fun. Our biggest problem is opposition defences trying to sit and crowd us out, but someone like Bentake or Lukaku or Gomez can be part of a footballing side but still have the presence to surge past a couple of players and mess defensive plans up. The quicker little fuckers in our team can then flood the gaps and cause problems.

I'd love Lukaku but Chelsea aint going to sell for anything realistic.

Mario Gomez is there to be had, any sane bid would be welcomed for him, and he's powerful as fuck and scores goals. Not sure about the pace compared with Lukaku and Benteke, but...

We can add all the fancy bastard players in the world if we want, but from time to time you need something else. Like that ginger cunt when he dominated Suarez for West Ham, fuck that, stick Benteke in and see how he wilts.

Spurs have it with Adebayour, City with Dzeko, United with Welbeck and Van Persie to a degree, Chelsea with Torres and Ba, Arsenal tried to do it with Giroud and Gervinho, it's an option you definitely need in this division if you want to win 60+% of your games.

Why not see if Carroll can do this role?

Haven't followed La Liga that closely this season & was surprised to see Carlos Vela chosen in the best 11 team for last season by the BBC's resident European expert, Andy West .

Says he scored 14 goals & 9 assists from a right mids position.

Didn't rate him at the Arse, but looks like he has trained on & could be an option for a position we need to look at.

Haven't followed La Liga that closely this season & was surprised to see Carlos Vela chosen in the best 11 team for last season by the BBC's resident European expert, Andy West .

Didn't rate him at the Arse, but looks like he has trained on & could be an option for a position we need to look at.

Before anyone else answers this ask yourselves this. Why did he fail in the PL?

Was it something that could be worked on?

Before anyone else answers this ask yourselves this. Why did he fail in the PL?

Was it something that could be worked on?

I don't really remember him as 'failing' as such, he just didn't get many opportunities in what was a decent midfield Arsenal had then. Seemed a bit small & flimsy as I remember.

Was interested in opinions of lads on here who study La Liga to give an idea of whether he has 'trained on' & matured as a player, or whether they feel he would still struggle in the Prem.

BBC 'Expert' has selected him ahead of Navas.

He was really highly rated at Arsenal by Wenger, and it seems like they have a buy back clause in his contract.

Transfer news: Real Sociedad's Carlos Vela claims return to Arsenal could happen | Sky Sports

As with the vast majority of rumours, nothing will come of them, but I do like the fact that we seem to be acting quickly in the transfer market. That's how things should be done. You get your important deals done early, and only use the last few days of the transfer window to take whatever late opportunity arises to sign a player that will bolster a squad that isn't deficient in any department.