You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Allen's gonna be fucking brilliant next season. You just wait. Borini, of course, had been at 2 clubs since Swansea when we signed him.

They seriously can't be compared to Konchesky and Poulsen. That's mentalism.

They are the last 4 players we signed who previously played for the manager at a different club.

They are the last 4 players we signed who previously played for the manager at a different club.

We also signed Sturridge and Coutinho

Players that can play within our system.

Micah Richards simply wont be able to do it, but we have done great in buying any old player and trying to make him fit for the last 20 odd years haven't we.

We also signed Sturridge and Coutinho

Players that can play within our system.

Micah Richards simply wont be able to do it, but we have done great in buying any old player and trying to make him fit for the last 20 odd years haven't we.

Did Rodgers have input with sturridge at youth level? Not on a jimmy Saville kind of way.

If so....he counts as a previous club signing.

Weren't people saying how great Allen was after 6 games or so? Obviously no one on here

Did Rodgers have input with sturridge at youth level? Not on a jimmy Saville kind of way.

Weren't people saying how great Allen was after 6 games or so? Obviously no one on here

Nah I think Sturridge signed for Chelsea after Rodgers left.

I think Allen was great for the first two months or so but then he lost form and he's been carrying an injury for half the season. He's gonna come back refreshed next season and I think he's gonna do really well. He's a class little player.

Anyone who rates Micah Richards higher than Williams clearly doesn't watch football. He doesnt even play as centre half.

He has played plenty of games at centre half for Man City. He played there for two seasons I think. He got man of the match in that game City beat Man U in that Munich anniversary game playing centre half I'm pretty sure.

I don't really care, he is a good buy for a good price and so is coutinho

Every manager in the world has signings that fail.

I think allen is young enough to still come good and deserves time.

I also think Williams is better than skrtel and has Premiership experience so i see it as less of a risk. I would want another centre back, people seem to rate de vrij, i have never see him play so can't comment on him.

He has played plenty of games at centre half for Man City. He played there for two seasons I think. He got man of the match in that game City beat Man U in that Munich anniversary game playing centre half I'm pretty sure.

Yeah and they moved him to right back cause he was too short and signed 23 new centre halfs

Yeah and they moved him to right back cause he was too short and signed 23 new centre halfs

Surely he's taller than Williams? If not there is not a lot of difference in their height. Richards seems to have a good leap on him. Also, you said he's never played centre half.

You must have seen a lot of Ashley Williams? To claim people must never have watched football if they think Richards is better than Williams is a bit over the top.

Funny how out of nowhere people are backing this proposed signing. Didn't see anyone wanting him last summer.

Surely he's taller than Williams? If not there is not a lot of difference in their height. Richards seems to have a good leap on him. Also, you said he's never played centre half.

You must have seen a lot of Ashley Williams? To claim people must never have watched football if they think Richards is better than Williams is a bit over the top.

Funny how out of nowhere people are backing this proposed signing. Didn't see anyone wanting him last summer.

Micah Richards is 5'10 and has no footballing brain, IMO.

Ashley Williams is like 3 inches taller than Richards, and is an on pitch leader.

Guest ShoePiss

Yeah there's not much in it at all, Williams is an inch taller. Moof is probably the most informed on here when it comes to Williams by the way.

They also think just because a player comes from Swansea he MUST be shit, all because another player we bought from Swansea isnt playing well

I think most of them sleep with their own brothers and sisters

I think Ashley Williams is a poor footballer and way below the standard that Liverpool Football Club should be looking at.

I also think that although he wouldn't be my first choice, Micah Richards would be a better buy.

And finally, I don't even have a brother, and I haven't slept with my sister since that court order came into effect about two years ago.

Work that one out.

Micah Richards is 5'10 and has no footballing brain' date=' IMO.

Ashley Williams is like 3 inches taller than Richards, and is an on pitch leader.[/quote']

Williams is not 6' 2.

I don't buy into this leader stuff myself. He's not proven to be a leader at any top level. I don't see how anyone can be sure he'd come here and be a leader.

Daniel Sturridge didn't even come through the Chelsea youth team!

One of the main reasons Rodgers only wanted him as a loan deal in the summer was because he didn't know the player and had heard reports that he didn't have the right attitude to make it.

Some links with Micah Richards who I think would be perfect for us.We need power and pace at the back which he has and I think he and aggers qualitys would work well together and think they would be a great pairing at the back.

You missed off Injury prone, inexperienced at centre half and prone to lapses in concentration.

You missed off Injury prone, inexperienced at centre half and prone to lapses in concentration.

Also a young English player who has something to prove who hasn't been played in his best position for years.He was outstanding there a few years ago when he played with dunne, dunne when downhill and so did the partnership.Next to a top centre half I think he would be great, I'd certainly take him over Williams.

Also a young English player who has something to prove who hasn't been played in his best position for years.He was outstanding there a few years ago when he played with dunne, dunne when downhill and so did the partnership.Next to a top centre half I think he would be great, I'd certainly take him over Williams.

Taking him over Williams isn't exactly an endorsement is it?

I can't believe we're honestly debating about Micah fucking Richards. He's got failed potential written all over him.

Just to add to the Micah Richards debate, I was speaking to my neighbour on Saturday who had been a City season ticket holder for almost 30 years, and he reckons that Richards would make an ideal centre half. Someone on here questioned his ability to play football, but my mate said he's very comfortable on the ball and has the physical attributes to make him an ideal centre half.

He thinks City will cash in on him this summer, as he's never going to replace Zabaleta in the right back position, which is where Mancini tends to play him, but my mate would like to see him next to Kompany as a centre half. I suppose we have to see if the injuries have taken their toll on him though.

What's Fanchester City's opinion on him?

There is no questioning Micah Richards ability, just his attitude.

The same is true of Sturridge, and we have yet to see whether he is a reformed character.

I don't watch City often but when I have seen him play it wasn't his attitude or his ability really it was that he'd find a way to get injured every time he had a good run in the side.

With Sturridge it was obvious at Chelsea that he'd thought he had "arrived" and was their star even when in a team with much better players around him. It's what made me vote "too early to tell" and "don't want" on a few of the polls around here. Of course his start here was brilliant but since then I think we all can agree he still has learning to do.

With Richards though, he is still relatively young so time is on his side and if the injuries have no lasting effect and don't keep happening then he'd be a good signing, the problem I have with it is that I see no reason to suspect they won't keep happening hence the "failed potential" comment. Basically in my opinion us going for him is us going for the level we're at and not the level we need to be.

There is no questioning Micah Richards ability, just his attitude.

The same is true of Sturridge, and we have yet to see whether he is a reformed character.

Do you think a move away from his boyhood club might help his attitude?