You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Oscar Pistorius

Champ

I'd have been more convinced if they had said the evidence to prove murder was inconclusive, therefore manslaughter, but she really seems to believe him that he was shooting an intruder. It smells funny.

I guess being a judge doesn't exempt you from havin a smelly growler....

Probably why she called a halt early doors

Many lawyers seem to be questioning how the judge is reaching her conclusion, not that I understand it.

How did Phil Spector get sent down for murder anyhow, seems impossible to be that rich and to have committed murder.

everyone wanted that loon locked up.  Especially anyone whose album he's worked on over the previous 30 years.

It must be horrific for Steenkamp's parents to hear that their beloved daughter's tragic and bloody demise was effectively "just one of those things". Shit happens yeh ?

I'm just appalled.Effectively, the judge has just told the parents that their daughter's life was worth fuckall.

I can feel the rage starting to build.

• Upvote 2

His tiny bathroom cubicle was shown on the news earlier.  Being able to fire 4 bullets through its door whilst remaining unaware that the person inside could die would make Pistorius of subnormal intelligence.

And surely his choice of ammo is significant in respect of whether he would have known his actions could kill or not, due to his methodology in choosing something that specifically does the most damage.  As a result of the thought processes which logically must inform such a purchase and knowing it was in his gun, he would be aware that should any of the shots hit the person in the cubicle their chances of dying were even higher than they normally would be, by definition.  Given the size of the bathroom, it would have been very difficult to miss a person 4 times.

Bizarre.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

If you wake and see someone in your bedroom and your not sure who it is, then it is legal to use force. If you wake up and a burglar is in your bedroom, near to it or in your childs bedroom you can use lethal force.

No you can't, you can use reasonable force.

Edit: Presumably you're talking about UK law.

Edit 2: You are.

Oh well, even if he only gets 5 years, that's still a lot of arse raping. Oscar the prison bitch. I hope they put makeup and a wig on him and post pics of him dribbling Justin Beiber's jizz. The guilty fucker.

Now I'm fucking steaming even though I have not read the judgement.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He's going to get acquitted isn't he? it's another OJ.

It felt that way until all of a sudden she spent extra time in her chambers and then went home without finishing up.

It does not matter whether he knew someone would die it is a question of whether he intended to kill someone ie desired that outcome.

The judge has bizarrely concluded that he did not intend to cause death. Pretty odd conclusion after shooting that many bullets of that nature, from that distance into that space.

In England and Wales there is a presumption in criminal law that if you point a gun and fire it that you intend to kill. What with it being a lethal weapon and stuff! 

The only legal exception to this is if Gazza turns up with KFC and a fishing rod