You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Rodgers becoming a laughing stock?

Megadrive Man

Downing has improved but he's still shit you could replace him with any jobber in the league and not notice any loss or gain. Fuck him off.

So hunterlaar says we are no longer a European destination, decades of being successful in Europe and still this country's most successful European side we are out for 4 years and thats it game over, fuck you. If players didnt have this sense of entitlement for everything to be ready made, how about joining a side with the ambition to make them a European side and earn your rewards in a team as opposed to joining the production lines at a select few clubs, never a legend just one of the many passing through. I hope you stand in dogshit this day hunterlaar I hope you walk it all into your carpets and you cry because you don't know how to clean it or who to call because your a fucking stupid cunt.

Did hunterlaar say that?

Totally agree, I think there is something a bit tragic about Fabregas, Nasri, and Torres all leaving clubs where they were idolized or at least much appreciated to only become poor, 2nd choice, or despised.

If Nasri and Fabregas had stayed probably Van Persie would have as well, maybe they would have won the CL or here in the PL. I just think they listen to too much advice from a closed circle (agents especially) who don't necessarily have their best interests at heart.

Our football club is where it wants to be, and where the staff and management and ownership have let it be.

If you act small-time and have no sense of pride and have no principles, then you're not going to achieve anything.

I think Rodgers bucks that trend, he doesn't want mid-table and he doesn't want shit football. I'd follow Rodgers into battle. But he's surrounded by some players and certainly management who just haven't got a moral compass or pride in the club or themselves.

Torres has scored 20 goals this season.Hardly a disaster really.

No, definitely not. He's also being playing very well - putting paid to the theory that we unloaded a player who was already fucked, and on the downward spiral.

However, he doesn't strike me as being anywhere near as content as when he wore red.

If we can't afford it than I'd rather we go along the way of buying young talents and developing them for top4/PL title level and not spend ridiculous amounts of money on average players, even if that means we have to stay out of CL for another season or two. Beacuse let's face it, buying Williams, Ince/Sinclair is not really making us contenders for CL, it's only being really hopeful..

I find Xerxes's's's pessimism oddly encouraging. The fact that he is so consistently ill-informed and devoid of logic or reason supports my hope that there's a chance of building (not buying- building) a successful club on the ruins left by Randolph and Mortimer.

I find Xerxes's's's pessimism oddly encouraging. The fact that he is so consistently ill-informed and devoid of logic or reason supports my hope that there's a chance of building (not buying- building) a successful club on the ruins left by Randolph and Mortimer.

A hasty retort in its entirety.

Our football club is where it wants to be, and where the staff and management and ownership have let it be.

If you act small-time and have no sense of pride and have no principles, then you're not going to achieve anything.

I think Rodgers bucks that trend, he doesn't want mid-table and he doesn't want shit football. I'd follow Rodgers into battle. But he's surrounded by some players and certainly management who just haven't got a moral compass or pride in the club or themselves.

pic_1210265896_3.jpg

If we can't afford it than I'd rather we go along the way of buying young talents and developing them for top4/PL title level and not spend ridiculous amounts of money on average players, even if that means we have to stay out of CL for another season or two. Beacuse let's face it, buying Williams, Ince/Sinclair is not really making us contenders for CL, it's only being really hopeful..

We're not actually signing Williams, Ince or Sinclair. So I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Our football club is where it wants to be

That doesn't make any sense at all. Not from a business perspective, not from a footballing perspective, nothing.

That doesn't make any sense at all. Not from a business perspective, not from a footballing perspective, nothing.

Nothing ever does when you take it out of context with what else is said in a post.

But hey, this is TLW, where people quote what they can rip into and not what people have actually said.

So the quote from this post will read "But hey this is TLW where people are cunts" etc etc or something else not even close.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

In what way does the rest of his post change what he said about the club being where it wants to be? It doesn't. I took an independent clause and replied to it.

I'll hazard a guess that he means that the owners are content to be a top half club with a hell of a lot of exposure while making a decent amount of money in the process.

A healthy business model if you like but one which probably wont risk too much on longer term projects like a new stadium, a world class manager and investing heavily in world class players.

Instead we have a lot of talk about a stadium, a potentially very good manager and a decent player investment that falls a bit short of the teams we want to compete with.

Guest davelfc
I'll hazard a guess that he means that the owners are content to be a top half club with a hell of a lot of exposure while making a decent amount of money in the process.

A healthy business model if you like but one which probably wont risk too much on longer term projects like a new stadium, a world class manager and investing heavily in world class players.

Instead we have a lot of talk about a stadium, a potentially very good manager and a decent player investment that falls a bit short of the teams we want to compete with.

The only downside is you have to be able to manage the fans expectations. One way to do that is to have a manager that can talk the talk. Well he have that, the second is to have a suitable propaganda machine. Ayre runs that one quite well. Tiered fucking pricing. Divide and conquer, you watch another part of the stadium get screwed next season as the other parts look on smugly. Fucking cunts.

I don't believe 99% of the kind of people we could get as owners would be any different. This lot are a lot more polished than the last lot, but they still stink of shit.

I'm handing my STs back at the end of next season, they can fuck off. I genuinely am losing any love for the club I had. Which is exactly what they want, to replace me with jester hat wearing, photo snapping, liver world bag clutching pricks.

I can’t be churlish concerning the owners because I wanted us to be self sufficient. That seems to be what we’ve got? Maybe one of the financial people on here can say different. Although am not happy over the stadium, can’t see the progress.

The results this year have been poor. If we’re in the results only business then Brendan should be sacked. However, not blinkered enough not to admit there has been much improvement in playing style and results of late. I don’t think he wants mid table mediocrity, what manager would.

I am worried we’ll lose players and not replace or be in a position to replace with like. Also the scenario about being self sufficient becomes a different matter being out of the top four for a few years and losing players, changes the goal posts. Then it becomes a matter of over the top investment to return, can’t see them doing that.

I do want rid of the one remnant of the bad years, not to commercial or whatever, completely. Get rid of that horrible slimey Harley riding twat Ayres, the good of the club is not on his agenda.

I hope we keep Suarez and next year is the time to judge Rodgers.

The theories about FSG not being serious about turning us into a decent force have a pretty big hole in them in my opinion, they've invested considerable sums of money and broken our transfer record twice. We spent £20 million on Stewart Downing and have spent £50 million this year for worse results. Can anyone really be surprised that they're considering alternative ways of trying to secure success?

FSG's biggest flaw for my money is that they listen too much to the fans. They installed Dalglish as permanent manager because they thought it was what the fans wanted and he wasted most of the money he was given. When they set about looking for replacement there were rumours they were taking 'advice' off all and sundry, including some people off here and other 'blogger' types. Rodgers was supposed to work under an experienced head but wouldn't have it so they backed down and we are where we are.

FSG are novices and it often looks like the blind leading the blind, but they had/have decent intentions I think/hope, I don't think they're here to asset strip or tread water in mid table - I think they could be justified in expecting us to have performed better for the money that's been spent.

The theories about FSG not being serious about turning us into a decent force have a pretty big hole in them in my opinion, they've invested considerable sums of money and broken our transfer record twice. We spent £20 million on Stewart Downing and have spent £50 million this year for worse results. Can anyone really be surprised that they're considering alternative ways of trying to secure success?

FSG's biggest flaw for my money is that they listen too much to the fans. They installed Dalglish as permanent manager because they thought it was what the fans wanted and he wasted most of the money he was given. When they set about looking for replacement there were rumours they were taking 'advice' off all and sundry, including some people off here and other 'blogger' types. Rodgers was supposed to work under an experienced head but wouldn't have it so they backed down and we are where we are.

FSG are novices and it often looks like the blind leading the blind, but they had/have decent intentions I think/hope, I don't think they're here to asset strip or tread water in mid table - I think they could be justified in expecting us to have performed better for the money that's been spent.

to be honest I still don't know what to make of them. Henry looked genius when he took over the Red Sox and everything was done with real competence. I had high hopes for them when they took over here.

What you say about spending is true, they've spent loads even if a lot of it hasn't been spent well.

Yet some things really bother me such as the lack of quality in the executive offices, Henry's lack of involvement, I don't trust Werner, and all too often wealthy American Investment types are the worst kinds of cynics.

They're not asset strippers, nor are they reckless risk takers so that's a big positive for us. Whilst I think they'd love for us to be successful I don't see any real ambition like the boards of United, Real Madrid, Bayern, City, Chelsea etc. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think in most of those cases football is the main business/and or passion of the owners, I think for FSG it will always be just a sideline.