You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Man U already are hard to beat.

They're hard to beat for entirely different reasons, though. Mainly because they can score one more goal than you. It's not about camping and elbows. Fucking hell, am I talking Russian in this thread? Moyes side weren't hard to beat, and only being hard to beat isn't enough for United.

I hope that's not a dig at what i think it is, and if it is, it's a completely cunty thing to say.

Nah, I reckon it was inadvertant. Newport is sound and wouldn't have meant it like that. I think he just means Moyes as manager is a plane crash.

The knives will be out for him very quickly if they have a shaky start. There is no such thing as patience in the mind of the modern football fan.

I really think it could go either way, but you're right, it will depend on the first two months. If they're still in the top 4 and within 5 points or so of first/second at the end of October, then the press will start to "rally behind him" and the like and he will be given a season or two. If, however, he's out of the top 4 and/or more than a game or two from a league challenge, it will get ugly very quickly. I could easily see fan protests, rumours in the tabloids of "losing the dressing room," etc. Basically, they have a decent chance of turning into a less-successful version of Chelsea in very short order.

Still, even under Moyes I think there's too much talent there for him to completely bollocks it up in one season. They'll finish 3rd or so, and if they get lucky and have a decent cup run or two their fans will be reasonably pleased IMO.

Moeys will get maximum 1 year with the mancs before he is sacked, he could be their Hodgson though and not even finish the season.

I would love to see this happen, but I can't see it. There is an outside chance it all snowballs and gets completely away from him if it goes sideways in the first month or two, but assuming he's still on stable ground in October then there's every chance he'll be there for a couple of seasons. Which, all things considered, might be better for us than them sacking him quickly and getting a quality manager in.

my guess is gone early 2014, Ferguson in for rest of the season

:D:D

His comments yesterday on Rooney were that of a man already feeling pressure. At Everton, nobody really gives a shit how they do in preseason and they would only have a handful of journos at press conferences. Id say he has had more scrutiny prior to the Thai XI game than he had during a PL game in Goodison.

I'm getting the impression they are forcing him out whilst trying to make the fans think it is his own doing

That is very possible. I see Spanish media were saying he was in Spain last week after picking up that 'injury'.

He would be a big loss for them IMO unless they replace him with a top forward. Despite not being in top form last season he was still their second top scorer and has been up there for the last number of seasons.

The mancs lose again!! Moyes gets all tetchy with the press, he already looks under pressure. If this carries on it won't take much for all the spoilt brats in the side to follow rooneys lead and start acting the billy big bollocks and start throwing toys out of the pram. They got a tough start to the season.

If i was moriiniho i'd do a gerrard in reverse. Make a massive bid for rooney, offer him astronomical wages, have him down at stamford bridge and then right before the season starts send him back to manchester. Say he failed the medical, not fit enough. That'd fuck em.

need swansea to beat them in the opening game, and we will see the cunts getting restless as they have chelsea and us after

Their first 5 games. Swansea a.. Chelsea h...Liverpool a .. Palace h .. Man city a

Pressure games for moyes them.

Edited by Gnasher
Spelt wrong

need swansea to beat them in the opening game, and we will see the cunts getting restless as they have chelsea and us after

Opening day games have a habit of throwing up some surprise results. Pretty sure United haven't started that good either the past few seasons.

I would think the worst he would get away with from the opening three games would be two draws and a win. Anything worse than that or even one defeat out the first three games would see media and fan pressure unlike anything he has been through before.