15 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

I had a bit of a breakdown last week. Woke up so sad. Still not right from my dad dying, plus redundancy meaning I'm now about to collapse financially. Plus this lockdown. 

Feeling a bit better over last few days

Fuck mate, that's hardly surprising as it's some bad shit you've had thrust on you.

Glad you're feeling better.

Thoughts are with you.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

I had a bit of a breakdown last week. Woke up so sad. Still not right from my dad dying, plus redundancy meaning I'm now about to collapse financially. Plus this lockdown. 

Feeling a bit better over last few days

Hope you're ok, mate. You've probably heard all the advice from all angles but the best advice I can give you is to do something simple that makes you happy. Sometimes the simplest things can cheer you up. Not easy when faced with many challenges as you are currently facing. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Caught me off-guard this morning. My sleeping been awful all week but I have knocked the ale on the head (only 8 days ago) after a pretty heavy 4/5 months. Not sure if its a reaction to that but fuck me I was in pieces about an hour ago. I've had to book the rest of the day off. Feel ok now which is weird, just tired. I don't want to get in bed though because I wont sleep tonight. Grrrr 

You'll have literally felt very little real emotion for those 4-5 months.   Drowning it all out and now it's all gonna slap you up in the face. 

It's all good, we're supposed to feel.  It's what makes us alive.   Ride it out without the booze for a few months and see where you are.  

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Caught me off-guard this morning. My sleeping been awful all week but I have knocked the ale on the head (only 8 days ago) after a pretty heavy 4/5 months. Not sure if its a reaction to that but fuck me I was in pieces about an hour ago. I've had to book the rest of the day off. Feel ok now which is weird, just tired. I don't want to get in bed though because I wont sleep tonight. Grrrr 

Probably not a reaction to stopping the ale. You've recently lost your mum mate. I can go a few week then something sets me off about my dad. Or something bad happens and then it all snowballs. 

• Upvote 1

Perception. 

"you only get to do it once" Oh fuck.... i'm getting older and them days are gone. 

"you only get to do it once" ..... You only get me once 

Reading an article in the Echo from Liam Thorp about his battles over the years with anxiety and depression. The replies to it make me wonder if nuclear war is not a bad option.

• Upvote 1

I've recently started watching Eckhart Tolle stuff on YouTube and halfway through reading The Power Of Now, really puts things into perspective on how your own mind creates most of your problems.

• Upvote 2

How is everyone?

Not really a question that needs answering, just one that’s there to remind all of us that this community does care. It’s a special place (I’m well aware I didn’t always treat it as such).

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

How is everyone?

Not really a question that needs answering, just one that’s there to remind all of us that this community does care. It’s a special place (I’m well aware I didn’t always treat it as such).

You've atoned for your sins mate. You'll still get called a 'blogging cunt' in heated debate like.

• Upvote 2

On 08/10/2020 at 13:14, Section_31 said:

Yeah I never really had an opinion either way to be honest, I still don't fully understand depression as I don't 'think' I have it, not clinically. 

My mate has had anxiety for years and I always assumed it was a kind of nervousness, curtain twitching and worrying about going out, that kind of thing, didn't really realise until I got it that it's physical and chemical. Wouldn't wish a bad bout of anxiety on anyone. 

This resonated with me a lot. I suffered from anxiety for the first time in 2020 after taking a couple of courses of antibiotics and getting an adverse reaction to them. It lasted about 3 months and as you said I wouldn't have wished it on anyone. I remember thinking that breaking a limb etc. would be vastly superior as it least you can see an end to it whereas there was no marker as to when, and if, I'd be okay again. My thoughts go to everyone who has this as a recurring symptom as it's a bastard of a condition.

I actually wrote and recorded a song about it when I was on the mend as it helped me to get some perspective on it. Don't know how it feels for others but this is how it made me feel.

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

This resonated with me a lot. I suffered from anxiety for the first time in 2020 after taking a couple of courses of antibiotics and getting an adverse reaction to them. It lasted about 3 months and as you said I wouldn't have wished it on anyone. I remember thinking that breaking a limb etc. would be vastly superior as it least you can see an end to it whereas there was no marker as to when, and if, I'd be okay again. My thoughts go to everyone who has this as a recurring symptom as it's a bastard of a condition.

I actually wrote and recorded a song about it when I was on the mend as it helped me to get some perspective on it. Don't know how it feels for others but this is how it made me feel.

I'd kept this aside to listen too. Its Dire Straits/Pink Floyd and wouldn't look out of place on an album by either. Superb. 

• Upvote 1

I am an absolute mental wreck. My hypocondria is on an another level. After I get my second dose of vaccine, I'm calling my Doctor and might literally beg for a solution. Whether some pills or medical tests that can calm my mind a bit. I am losing it.

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I am an absolute mental wreck. My hypocondria is on an another level. After I get my second dose of vaccine, I'm calling my Doctor and might literally beg for a solution. Whether some pills or medical tests that can calm my mind a bit. I am losing it.

All the words of wisdom, calming words and usually things everyone can only give mean nothing to someone whose heads gone. All I can say is fight it like a fucker, put your favourite album on, your favourite film video game whatever to take your mind off things. We've had our run-in on the FF and I still think you're a fart for it but the world would be a worse off place if you weren't in it. Oh and think of all the boss things you've got to come. Dig in.

Good luck, it takes a man to admit when he's on his chin-strap. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Sorry to hear you're feeling like that mate. 

The first thing to remember is that it will pass, you won't always feel like you're feeling right now.

The second thing to remember is that it isn't your fault that you're feeling this way. When I had really bad anxiety I actually felt really guilty for feeling that way, until it was explained to me that I had no more control over it than you do over getting something physical.

Definitely see the GP, you may need some medication to get you out of that initial 'shock' phase, then maybe think about getting some counseling. 

Remember though, you WILL be okay. 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Come on here, let it out, call me a cunt if it helps, you can even call me a bad tory queg and I'll rep you for it. Walk on, walk through it.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Really tough this mate. As others have said, try and find things that you feel help you (however small) and take each of these as baby steps towards recovery. It’s a horrible condition but there will be a turning point, hopefully it’ll be soon.

9 minutes ago, A Red said:

Come on here, let it out, call me a cunt if it helps, you can even call me a bad tory queg and I'll rep you for it. Walk on, walk through it.

Is this an open invite? 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Is this an open invite? 

If it helps 3 stacks, I'll take it. Not from you though, you can fuck off.

I spent nearly a year thinking that every ache and pain was a blood clot or that I was going to suffer a heart attack. From my experience; I spoke to the GP, asked for scans, went for scans and gathered as much reassurance from medical professionals as I could/evidence. Which helped.

I also think experiencing those feelings and them passing without me dying/getting diagnosed with anything helped and provided a baseline should any anxieties crop up. The same aches/anxieties that would have stressed me out massively 6 months ago barely register now.

Anything acute, believe me you'll know about it.

As for cancer/other conditions the tests will reassure you.

Hope you find some peace and appropriate treatment as it's no fun living your life in fear.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, A Red said:

If it helps 3 stacks, I'll take it. Not from you though, you can fuck off.

How was your bonfire last week? 

Feeling a bit better, not great. Started a new job in the public sector 5 weeks ago, shit money but Brilliant pension . plus back at the gym as well. 

As for doctors mine is shocking. Rang him for something to help as I felt shit , he tried get me off the tablets i was on

• Upvote 5