You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Prince Philip...

Protocol says that when he died, it has to be kept quiet until the BBC announce it at 8am tomorrow morning.

When I’m proved right on this, I’m keeping any further royal information to myself. So if you want the lowdown on what Princess Eugenie ordered from the chippy last Thursday, you’ll have to fuck off and find answers somewhere else.

1) That’s only if he does at night

2) ‘Eug’ only has eyes for a battered sausage, chips, bits, and lashing of gravy.

Protocol says that when he died, it had to be kept quiet until the BBC announce it at 8am tomorrow morning.

When I’m proved right on this, I’m keeping any further royal information to myself. So if you want the lowdown on what Princess Eugenie ordered from the chippy last Thursday, you’ll have to fuck off and find answers somewhere else.

I’ve got a mate who works for the BBC. When Liz goes all programme schedules are wiped for 2 weeks. Back to back royal progs.

Protocol says that when he died, it had to be kept quiet until the BBC announce it at 8am tomorrow morning.

This is the kind of shit that deserves a sweepstake.

The 8 am rule is only if one of them snuffs it overnight, I think.

I’ve got a mate who works for the BBC. When Liz goes all programme schedules are wiped for 2 weeks. Back to back royal progs.

This won't happen.

Even my royalist mother would have her patience tested if she didn't get EastEnders for a fortnight.

Any goodwill from the housewives of Britain would be totally lost.

It will be two days of Royal coverage, no doubts about that.  There would then be a few days of mixed programming.  Then the funeral.  Then business as usual. 

One week max would be affected.

There would be a Facebook/Twitter storm like never before if the BBC cleared two weeks.  By day 8 there would be riots on the streets.

This won't happen.

Even my royalist mother would have her patience tested if she didn't get EastEnders for a fortnight.

Any goodwill from the housewives of Britain would be totally lost.

It will be two days of Royal coverage, no doubts about that. There would then be a few days of mixed programming. Then the funeral. Then business as usual.

One week max would be affected.

There would be a Facebook/Twitter storm like never before if the BBC cleared two weeks. By day 8 there would be riots on the streets.

Not only is it planned, they practice for it.

One of those things I can’t prove till it happens. Then you’ll bow to my bbc inside knowledge

Edit: it take 2’weeks to execute the plans for the funeral

Not only is it planned, they practice for it.

One of those things I can’t prove till it happens. Then you’ll bow to my bbc inside knowledge

Edit: it take 2’weeks to execute the plans for the funeral

The BBC actively practice for when the Queen dies? That's quite shocking if true.

Edit : Mirror article on this confirms...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/what-happens-queen-dies-12-9539639

All i give a shoit about is how it better not be a match week or it'll be cancelled and probably fuck up the next week for the coronation too.

Hopefully end of season or international week

Coronation will be weeks after. Mourning period and all that.

The BBC actively practice for when the Queen dies? That's quite shocking if true.

Edit : Mirror article on this confirms...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/what-happens-queen-dies-12-9539639

It'd be more shocking if they didn't.  You wouldn't expect them to just wing it.

I saw Steph McGovern on some programme a while back, saying she really hopes she's not hosting BBC Breakfast when the news breaks, because she reckons her Smoggy accent lacks solemnity and gravitas.

I'm pretty much a Republican and would bin them all but I also have a sense of history.

When she pegs it it should be marked even if just from an historical perspective. The sentimental bollocks will be inevitable but she is an historical figure of huge significance and it will be important to acknowledge that and take stock. The whole world will be looking at us.