You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gym Beglin

I could rant about these good awful money leeching days that are forced on us for fucking days. But ill try and contain myself.

I absolutely fucking detest them. I just hate everything about them. I hate the way women melt at the knees at them. I hate the way weak ass, under the cosh boyfriends pretend they like them to keep their arse hole women happy

I could rant about these good awful money leeching days that are forced on us for fucking days. But ill try and contain myself.

I absolutely fucking detest them. I just hate everything about them. I hate the way women melt at the knees at them. I hate the way weak ass, under the cosh boyfriends pretend they like them to keep their arse hole women happy

They're just shit. I was at one in Spain. I remember going down to the dining area to get our shit dinner. The dining area was down off the beach but the sea crashed up to the veranda. One of my missus friends. A fireman I might add. Turned to me and says, "wow, it's so idealic isn't it" Me, "no, it's fake contrived bullshit" which it fucking was.

Oh I've started. I'm going to have to cut this short.

I hate weddings

Wait a minute... You hate something? Gethafuckouttahere!

Wait a minute.. You hate something? Gethafuckouttahere!

Do I really come off like Karl Pilkington?

Anyway, yeah, I hate them. I hate the way the "bride" all try and outdo the last wedding they where at.

Of one wedding has a string quartet. Then theirs will have a string quintet. It infuriates me.

Perhaps alot of my woe is down to the fact I'm still not married to the missus, and I feel like I'm going to have to live up to all these 50 grand weddings I've been to. But I can guarantee if I do have one it will be about my missus my me, not the fake arse friends that I'm supposed to impress.

• Upvote 1

I'm a best man at a wedding next Thurs.

I'm fuckin dreading it. Not just the speech aspect but the whole being nice and sociable to drunk cunts I'll never see again. My wife isn't the most social person in the world so she'll get the hump when I'm off being all best manny.

Pure shite and it's going to cost me over a grand all in too.

Horse gick

I'm a best man at a wedding next Thurs.

I'm fuckin dreading it. Not just the speech aspect but the whole being nice and sociable to drunk cunts I'll never see again. My wife isn't the most social person in the world so she'll get the hump when I'm off being all best manny.

Pure shite and it's going to cost me over a grand all in too.

Horse gick

Why do you have a problem being nice or sociable? It's the best bit. Chatting to strangers about irrelevant shite, while being happy and drinking beer. One of life's joys. Weddings are life affirming with all the goodwill in the room.

Lighten up and just enjoy it.

Good luck with the speech.

• Upvote 2

Why do you have a problem being nice or sociable? It's the best bit. Chatting to strangers about irrelevant shite, while being happy and drinking beer. One of life's joys. Weddings are life affirming with all the goodwill in the room.

Lighten up and just enjoy it.

Good luck with the speech.

Love the sentiment MT and I guess at another wedding all you've said could come into play and I'd make an effort. But this crowd will be a bunch of stiffs and I bet they'll all be taking notes and putting up score cards for everything from the food to the band. I just can't help feeling like a duplicitous bastard if I do make much effort.

Don't worry I won't spoil anyone's day or anything!

Love the sentiment MT and I guess at another wedding all you've said could come into play and I'd make an effort. But this crowd will be a bunch of stiffs and I bet they'll all be taking notes and putting up score cards for everything from the food to the band. I just can't help feeling like a duplicitous bastard if I do make much effort.

Don't worry I won't spoil anyone's day or anything!

RIght, got you. You already know the crowd.

I'm of the opinion that very few people are bad company and everyone is game for a laugh. Especially at a wedding. So I always enjoy them, without fail.

But, genuinely, best of luck with the speech.

• Upvote 1

RIght, got you. You already know the crowd.

I'm of the opinion that very few people are bad company and everyone is game for a laugh. Especially at a wedding. So I always enjoy them, without fail.

But, genuinely, best of luck with the speech.

Cheers. I'll be ok with the speech part. I'm pretty good at talking shite of you haven't already noticed. An aul glass or 2 of bubbly and the lyrics shall flow.

The hotel cost is 450. We have to be there the night before so as to be ready to help with arrangements on the morning of the wedding. Then there's a pig on a spit being organised for the following day so it's 3 days stay at 150 a pop. Then there's gifts for the couple, my gift to the groom as best man. My wife's dress hair and make up. New shoes for me. Petrol expenses. .

It will actually be more than 1k

The hotel cost is 450. We have to be there the night before so as to be ready to help with arrangements on the morning of the wedding. Then there's a pig on a spit being organised for the following day so it's 3 days stay at 150 a pop. Then there's gifts for the couple, my gift to the groom as best man. My wife's dress hair and make up. New shoes for me. Petrol expenses. .

It will actually be more than 1k

Get the biggest bit of crackling you can, even if you have to punch other guests to get their grubby hands off it. 

Had the same kind of thing at my mates, albeit spread over two weekends, and the crackling off the hog roast was died and gone to heaven stuff.

Marone, I thought they were getting married abroad. £150 a night hotel? I hope the missus is chipping in

Oh she's chipping in. Providing the nurofen I'm going to need.

Ah he's my best mate and I shouldn't complain really but the brides family are tadpoles.

Lizzie I'm all over that crackling like a fat bird over a donut.