You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

Well, Xavi is 33, Puyol is 35, Valdez is leaving, Alves is not what he used to be, Villa is not what he used to be before the injurie, and Alba is no Abidal.

Alba is miles better than Abidal imo

Can't believe the difference in Villa since the injury in the times I've seen him, doesn't look half the player

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Does anyone else have a suspicion about the physical capacity of the German teams?

Ribery was turbo-charged last night, extraordinary turn of pace even in the dying minutes. Same with Robben, just non-stop sprints for 90 minutes. Same with the Dortmund players, just lung-busting sprints for 90 minutes.

I'm dubious. Consider the opposition and their own physical sharpness, these are elite players with immense fitness levels, and yet Dortmund and Munich breezed past them, over two legs, at the end of a long season.

I cant shake the feeling that we have been seeing some 'enhanced' performances, be it legal or illegal substances or methods, but I've just never seen physical fitness levels like that out of those players either at club or international level, perhaps with the occasional Robben performance.

But Ribery, Muller, Schweinsteiger, Mandzukic, Martinez, it has been a massive surge in performance levels in my view. I'm just not convinced that it's all down to 'training', it makes no sense, they've added too much fitness on top of what should already be peak fitness.

This dude is the fitness coach, and has been for some 5 years. So, explain the sudden improvement?

FC Bayern München AG

Heynckes is a rent-a-manager towards the end of his career, he's not the sort who's brought anything amazing to the table in terms of fitness, have a look at his history, he's consistently underperformed until he rejoined Bayern in 2011, when his win percentage went through the roof to 75%.

Or, his side is now brilliant due to the signings of Mandzukic and Martinez (bought last Summer)?

Does anyone else have a suspicion about the physical capacity of the German teams?

Ribery was turbo-charged last night, extraordinary turn of pace even in the dying minutes. Same with Robben, just non-stop sprints for 90 minutes. Same with the Dortmund players, just lung-busting sprints for 90 minutes.

I'm dubious. Consider the opposition and their own physical sharpness, these are elite players with immense fitness levels, and yet Dortmund and Munich breezed past them, over two legs, at the end of a long season.

I cant shake the feeling that we have been seeing some 'enhanced' performances, be it legal or illegal substances or methods, but I've just never seen physical fitness levels like that out of those players either at club or international level, perhaps with the occasional Robben performance.

But Ribery, Muller, Schweinsteiger, Mandzukic, Martinez, it has been a massive surge in performance levels in my view. I'm just not convinced that it's all down to 'training', it makes no sense, they've added too much fitness on top of what should already be peak fitness.

This dude is the fitness coach, and has been for some 5 years. So, explain the sudden improvement?

FC Bayern München AG

Heynckes is a rent-a-manager towards the end of his career, he's not the sort who's brought anything amazing to the table in terms of fitness, have a look at his history, he's consistently underperformed until he rejoined Bayern in 2011, when his win percentage went through the roof to 75%.

Or, his side is now brilliant due to the signings of Mandzukic and Martinez (bought last Summer)?

Much like your post no-one wants to know (about drugs in football), it all gets brushed under the carpet.

I agree with your suspicions and personally think PEDs are rampant and always have been rampant in football and other sports, you just have to look at the Fuentes trial in Spain just finished and the cover up going on over there, Fuentes is even quoted as saying if he we to tell all 'Spain would lose the World Cup/Euros'.

Guardiola has been busted for PEDs during his playing career, got a 4 month ban for steriods in 2001, EPO used to be rampant in Series A, theres shitloads of evidence of past and present PED abuse and we still dont know the half of it because the powers that be dont want to know, no-one wants to rock the boat in a similar way the UCI turned a blind eye to Armstrong and co.

35 year old Deco tested positive this week for a masking agent, muppet for getting caught and does anyone really believe that this would of been the first time hes ever dabbled in PEDs? like fuck.

Rafa - Aimar. What a re-union.

Sweet reunion Jamaica and Spain, Amsterdam we meet again...

What a bohemian couple. If there were two people I'd love to watch football in a balcony with a view of the twilight zone and a fresh summer breeze, that would be Aimar and Rafa. We could talk for hours about everything, about Nature, Life, poetry, football, love, nostalgia.

FC Bayern München AG

I have to admit the same thought crossed my mind last night. They looked super human. Pace and strength wise they looked head and shoulders above most teams.

In saying that though I've only seen them sporadically this year so I'm no expert. Maybe Barca just made them look so powerful and quick.

It's also possible maybe they've all just knuckled down and worked their asses off and sacrificed a lot.

Rafa - Aimar. What a re-union.

Sweet reunion Jamaica and Spain, Amsterdam we meet again...

What a bohemian couple. If there were two people I'd love to watch football in a balcony with a view of the twilight zone and a fresh summer breeze, that would be Aimar and Rafa. We could talk for hours about everything, about Nature, Life, poetry, football, love, nostalgia.

Riiiiiiigggghhht...

Guest San Don

FC Bayern München AG

Ah, a bit like what capello once said about us after we'd just beaten Roma, you mean?