You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

Not that it will make much difference but Jagielka and Distin are likely to be back for the game.

Jagielka hasn't played for about 2 months and Distin is facing a late fitness test - which means he certianly isn't 100%. They will get pulled to pieces by Toure and Aguero. Stones and Alcatraz al alternatives doesn't bare thinking about. Baines isn't guaranteed to shake off his tweak either. City couldn't play the bitters at a better time.

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Jagielka hasn't played for about 2 months and Distin is facing a late fitness test - which means he certianly isn't 100%. They will get pulled to pieces by Toure and Aguero. Stones and Alcatraz al alternatives doesn't bare thinking about. Baines isn't guaranteed to shake off his tweak either. City couldn't play the bitters at a better time.

I know, it wont any difference at all. Everton are going to get bummed.  There is more chance of Villa getting something to be honest and thats pretty much nil.

Some things never change over time. I'd still pay good money to kick Ronaldo's stupid, greasy little face through the back of his stupid, greasy little head.

Pity such a fantastic player is such an odious turd . I didn't catch much of the game but I did spot him throwing himself around on the deck like an epileptic spacker after getting clipped and then limping off in tears. Strange the cunt recovered to score twice after being so close to death

Why don't Bayern have any decent forwards? Relying on wingers like Ribery and Robben is not a guarantee of goals by any means. 

Pep and his tippy tappy football was exposed by Bayern last year and now Real have exposed this system again. Tika Taka is history; he should have stuck with the power and pace based style that Bayern used so effectively last season. They play like Barcelona now but without the cutting edge of Messi. 

Bayern haven't become crap overnight, the effect of winning their league at a canter can't be underestimated on how its affected their form and mentality ie) having to effectively 'turn it on' in the European games coming off the back of games that dont matter.

Having said that i agree with Baltar who said that their lack of a top class striker hasnt helped either.

I've yet to see Ribery have a decent game in Europe, he must have had some absolute fucking stormers in the Bundesliga if he's the 3rd best player in the world...

Why when a team gets beat do they suddenly have "no plan B" - Munich came up against the best team in Europe, it's as simple as that. 

We've been blowing teams away this season with a 41212 or 433, we can get at teams down the sides or through the middle, but because Gerrard slipped and Chelsea have a £250m brick wall - we don't have a plan B - if a plan B was subbing an ale house bag of shit like Andy Carroll on with 20 minutes to go, I'd rather not have one.

I've yet to see Ribery have a decent game in Europe, he must have had some absolute fucking stormers in the Bundesliga if he's the 3rd best player in the world...

This is what I don't understand, I've seen them play in their league about 3/4 times this season and about the same last season, and he never does anything that stands out to me. 

• Upvote 3

Manchester City were on Tuesday night facing a cut in their Champions League squad size and a heavy fine for breaching Uefa’s Financial Fair Play regulations.

As revealed by the Telegraph, the investigatory chamber of the European game’s Club Financial Control Body has decided that City’s unprecedented £1 billion spending spree under the ownership of Sheikh Mansour did not comply with FFP rules.

The Telegraph has now learnt that City have been offered a punishment which includes a combination of financial and sporting sanctions – if they agree not to fight their guilty verdict.

The latter penalty would leave the club unable to register a full 25-man squad for the Champions League next season, potentially denying them use of millions of pounds worth of their own talent and hurting their ability to recruit players this summer.

City were given until Thursday to agree what is known as a “settlement” offer with the CFCB, a sanction which is open to negotiation but only to moderate effect.

I can imagine the panic over at Sheikhy's palace right now...

tumblr_mcv0gs3lf01regdjso1_400.gif

what chances?

Just so I'm reading this right... You don't think collectively that Robben, Ribery, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Muller, Alcantara and Gotze are good enough to provide any creativity for a world class striker?

Bayern had a bad night, even a bad couple of weeks- but they are still very much one of the best teams in the world. The addition of some real bite up top will make them a fantastic side.

• Upvote 2

Winning the domestic league being in one domestic final and semi final of the CL. Yeah, that's a shit Plan A.

Undermining your only meaningful domestic opponents by financial means helps. As does drawing Arsenal and Man United in the knock-out stages.

Bayern lost to Man City at home, drew with Arsenal at home, struggled against Moyes United at home, and were thrashed by Real Madrid at home. Bayern: a team that looked awesome 12 months ago...

Or conversely they had already qualified ahead of City, beaten Arsenal and just took them both lightly. Until Pep has a sustained period of shiteness I will reserve judgement on his Plan A.

Ahead of City, a team that had failed in two previous attempts to get out of the group stages. European heavyweights? And Arsenal, who perennially make up the Champions League numbers. European heavyweights?

I wish I felt the same, but I don't. I hate them, I fucking hate them.

I wish I felt the same, but I don't. I fucking hate them, I fucking despise every shitty fucking aspect of their horrible cunty fucking piece of shit fucking club. And with every breath left in my body- will continue to do so. Fucking cunts. If they did a Portsmouth, it wouldn't be enough for me. If they did a Gretna it still wouldn't be enough for me because it still means they would have existed. Utter cunt of a club.

Just so I'm reading this right... You don't think collectively that Robben, Ribery, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Muller, Alcantara and Gotze are good enough to provide any creativity for a world class striker?

Bayern had a bad night, even a bad couple of weeks- but they are still very much one of the best teams in the world. The addition of some real bite up top will make them a fantastic side.

I don't think you're reading it right. I'm not saying they can't. I'm saying they didn't. It was glib, but also true.

I also think world class is pushing it for him, but that's a separate issue.

and they were a fantastic side last year anyway. Probably the most impressive all round team I've seen in a very long time. They are well behind where they were and I think next season they will have other problems to deal with.