You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Before the sending off no one was bossing or dictating the game. Thought mulumbu and yacob were brilliant for WBA today.

Suarez should of scored all three chances for me, just worry that we are going to rely so much on him scoring our goals. I will be surprised if he scores more than 14 league goal this season. Then you have to look who will be ur 2nd top goal scorer and how many goals they will be behind Suarez.

Two awful pens, awful referring today from dowd. Ye refs make mistakes but the thing with dowd is he looks so arrogant and egotistical when he is giving a decision.

Joe fucking Cole.......did he do a full warm up? Because I don't see how u can tweak or pull your hamstring if you have done a full warm up and only being on the pitch for 5 mins.

Overall I think this would have been a 0-0 had we not had agger sent off, lots of work to be done and we really can't wait for results to happen, our fixtures in next few games are brutal, really need to grind out a few wins or we will be playing catch up very early on.

It was 1-0 when he went off.

Can't really blame the ref for that, he wasn't great but we were very poor especially in the second half. The 3 in midfield never really worked I don't think and we got a bit of a chasing. It doesn't help your cause when your two central defenders are making stupid mistakes right enough.

We need to get a bit of steel onto that pitch because we got bullied to fuck out there. What I wouldn't give for a Souness in our side. At least Andy put himself about a bit when he came on and looked like he gave a fuck that we were getting bummed by West Brom, the rest of them looked like they were still on holiday.

I dont even feel like drinking any more. Grim as fuck.

No but its fair to ask some questions of that fat cunt , when Kelly gets dragged down in the box for a fairly standard penalty and gets a free kick against him you've got to wonder what the fuck is going on , thats just one example of many corrupt decisions , fuck knows how my lap-top is still in one piece.

Overall I think this would have been a 0-0 had we not had agger sent off, lots of work to be done and we really can't wait for results to happen, our fixtures in next few games are brutal, really need to grind out a few wins or we will be playing catch up very early on.

Makes sense considering we were 1-0 down before he was sent off.

Some observations:

Glen Johnson is a shithouse, pulled out of so many challenges.

Downing is useless, he doesn't do anything well at all.

Gerrard didn't look interested at all,

Joe Allen is going to be a cracking signing.. A quality player.

Reina is back on form.

The rest is meh, even Suarez, couldn't finish and gave the ball away way too often..

Internet went down at about 2 and has only just started working again, so I couldn't get a stream, talk about a blessing in disguise. Can't believe we're without Agger on top of that fucked up result though.

It feels like we have been cursed.

I actually asked myself out loud earlier why we were cursed after seeing sky news and our result. Seems like we really are sometimes.

No but its fair to ask some questions of that fat cunt , when Kelly gets dragged down in the box for a fairly standard penalty and gets a free kick against him you've got to wonder what the fuck is going on , thats just one example of many corrupt decisions , fuck knows how my lap-top is still in one piece.

Said almost exactly the same mate, almost word for word infact. Including the lap top bit.

The utter inept shite served up by ref's in this country is beyond ridiculous now, but then again its been that way for at least 5 years now.

Back to earth with a bang. Well done Steve Clarke on his first outing as a manager.

Does the Agger red mean that he'll miss the next three premier league matches or the Hearts match next week and then the next two prem games?

It wont count for European matches , just PL.

Dreading the next matches with Carra up against the best strikers in the league.

There is so much wrong with this club from the top to the bottom that it's very, very difficult to know where to even begin. I think it will demand a huge effort to remain mediocre. This really is a dreadful side.

Yeah - good comment here. I think FSG thought if they could get the ship to stop leaking it would sail. TBH they are in a bad place to bootstrap the thing. I liked the style first half and I liked Allen and thought Borini showed somethings. Heads down as soon as the penalty came.

1-0 down before the sending off.

Suarez brilliant dribbling and trickery but struggles to finish.

Same shit, new wrapping springs to mind.

I thought we were poor, and I find it disturbing that we don't learn from our mistakes. Their first goal comes from a cleared corner. The goalscorer is left completely alone on 20 yards with all the time in the world to get his shot away. Fast forward to the third goal, the exact same thing happens except we barely get a block in. It still results in a goal for them, though. Perhaps it would be an idea to cover that area so the opposition isn't free to smash rebound directly back at our goal?

Wtf is the point in putting Carra on for Agger? We're losing ffs, not 2-0 up. Play three at the back and take your chances. Btw, Carra was woeful when he came on. It will be interesting to see if Rodgers insists on playing him in Agger's absence.

A very poor start, fingers crossed it won't get even worse over the next games.

Is Agger out for three matches with it being a straight red?

We really need to move Downing, Cole, Adam and possibly (imo) Carroll on to generate some funds. We need good wide players and a finisher. I don't know what the new lad we signed is like, but I'd take Raheem over Downing for a start. Also we need some creativity to add to the functionality we have in that midfield.

first half was ok

we crumbled after the second goal

why?

because carra came on and the guy is finished, if he starts the next three we are in trouble

Rodgers also made the mistake of taking off lucas leaving allen up against the entire west brom midfield and they ran riot

worst performance from gerrard i have ever seen - he should be dropped but no liverpool manager has ever had the balls to drop him

downing was as hopeless as he was last season

kelly is going backwards, only hope for him now is at centre-back and i'd certainly have him at centre-back ahead of carra

phil dowd was a fat prick and gave everything against us while letting west brom away with murder but we made the errors that allowed him to make decisions against us and we didn't show the backbone or intelligence to overcome the bad decisions

cole injury is bad news is it makes it even less likely we will be able to shift him, the guy is a monkey on our back

carroll showed a bit of life when he came on but rodgers doesn't fancy him

allen looked good, borini had a mixed performance

down the right with kelly and downing we had nothing

all in all it was terrible

need a couple of signings, a finisher and a quality attacking midfielder

We really need to move Downing, Cole, Adam and possibly (imo) Carroll on to generate some funds. We need good wide players and a finisher. I don't know what the new lad we signed is like, but I'd take Raheem over Downing for a start. Also we need some creativity to add to the functionality we have in that midfield.

All of this.

Two awful pens, awful referring today from dowd. Ye refs make mistakes but the thing with dowd is he looks so arrogant and egotistical when he is giving a decision.

Nothing wrong with the penalty decisions. It was shocking the way Olsson was allowed to charge into Luis and Carroll, he even went in with a high elbow on Luis. Olsson would have got 2 mins in the freezer for cross checking had it been hockey.

We were 1-0 down when Agger was sent off.

A couple of things went against us and after that we simply fell apart. Thought Allen looked really good, apart from him only Johnson, Reina and partly Suarez were on an acceptable level. The defence was horrible, with Kelly the worst for me. He looked like he'd spent the summer in the Neil Ruddock fitness camp. Can only improve from here hopefully.

I said before I'd rather shite like Downing get bounced out the club ASAP even if we take a 10-12m hit on him. He is shocking, absolutely no heart at all nor any football brain. He's like all the fucking characters Dorothy rounded up in the wizard of Oz in one man. Scrap Cole's contract, you could probably sue both under the Trades Description Act, footballers my arse.

It wont count for European matches , just PL.

Dreading the next matches with Carra up against the best strikers in the league.

Ok got it now. It's a red card for a professional foul, so one match ban, and only counts towards premier league.

So Carra and Skrtel against Aguero, Balotelli, or Tevez.