You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

And the art of management is getting the best out of those players, so if they did come good, then FSG's decision to remove Kenny would have been vindicated!

But, as you say that won't happen.

Not just vindicated, but quite brilliant, I'd have thought... to have the footballing prescience, smarts and analytical expertise, to see all that in just one full season and get rid of Kenny on the basis of it. Quite brilliant, I'd say.

As we've agreed though, it won't happen. But if it did, I think Kenny, himself, might afford his self a little smile, a pat on the back, a hint of his own vindication... (and even perhaps a fuck you, FSG.)

However most of all, he'd be happy for Liverpool Football Club.

Now that would be class.

It gets you thinking. What have FSG said to Suarez to get him to sign that contract extension? As most will agree, they left him and Kenny to twist in the breeze. He'd have been well within his rights to fuck us off and the PL and go abroad. So why hang around here with a team that is being stripped to the bare bones to be rebuilt (hopefully) but will take the best part of 2-3 seasons to accomplish if done right?

200% pay rise should do it.

It gets you thinking. What have FSG said to Suarez to get him to sign that contract extension? As most will agree, they left him and Kenny to twist in the breeze.

"Luis, we're sorry for being a bunch of insensitive, disloyal, pre-judgmental, absent, conveniently politically correct, morally lazy invertebrates. Please accept a largish sum of extra money for staying on and being our marquee player, and good luck getting us to a League Cup Final, maybe even an FA Cup, and don't go reacting to any slimy full-back's provocation this season, because we don't want to have to go to ground again, leave you hanging out to dry, and then have to offer you more money to stay again, as a poor substitute for the glory of finishing 4th, and competing in that fabled Champion's League..."

... whatever was said, I'm sure it wasn't that. Because, it simply wouldn't have been true. It was all Suarez's fault and he should consider himself lucky to be getting a pay rise, I'd have thought. He's now very highly paid, I should imagine, by mere South American standards.

It gets you thinking. What have FSG said to Suarez to get him to sign that contract extension? As most will agree, they left him and Kenny to twist in the breeze. He'd have been well within his rights to fuck us off and the PL and go abroad. So why hang around here with a team that is being stripped to the bare bones to be rebuilt (hopefully) but will take the best part of 2-3 seasons to accomplish if done right?

Nobody knows what they've said obviously, maybe they havent said anything, maybe he was happy to get a payrise. Dont blame him either, £35k for someone of his calibre is peanuts.

What they done was right

Jesus wept.

From flimsy to retarded in the space of a couple of posts.

Why did the club allow Suarez to travel to Uruguay and speak freely to the press?

Why did we then hire Lionel Hutz to defend him at the hearing?

His new contract? We'll give you a 15 grand pay rise for now if you sign for us and then review the situation after your first full season.

Sorry to spoil all this 'show of intent from the club' guff but that's the reality.

Flipping this around a bit: what clubs in the PL aren't pretty much bankrolled by an individual or small groups of rich individuals? Tottenham are also raking in it by this means. Even bloody Millwall have their debt written off at the end of a season by a millionnaire. Shite like QPR having rich owners, Arsenal have rich majority shareholders.

Actually, thinkng about it, are Everton just about the poorest club around?!

One thing that annoys the hell out of me is that Man Utd are defo on the slide and we've probbaly slipped even further.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Henry announcing today he is open to naming rights for Anfield, club has always previously said Anfield would not be renamed.

Does staying at Anfield impede a stadium rights naming deal? If costs can be offset with such a deal, this could give the club a clear FFP advantage too?

A naming rights deal at Anfield could occur, I suppose, if the partner were right. We haven’t pursued it.

Does staying at Anfield impede a stadium rights naming deal? If costs can be offset with such a deal, this could give the club a clear FFP advantage too?

A naming rights deal at Anfield could occur, I suppose, if the partner were right. We haven’t pursued it.

Exactly, quite how We haven't pursued it can be translated into Henry admitting he may cash in is anybody's guess!

Watch Scott fuck off now that his arse has been handed to him.

Naming rights for Anfield and or the stands is an option.

Traditionally the naming rights for established grounds are much reduced as everyone still refers to the original name anyway - see St James' Park

New stadiums ( Emirates) or unestablished names ( Eastlands? COMS) are where the big money is.

Although the money for rebranding is significantly less, it is free money, whereas the new stadium naming rights is just mitigating the gross cost.

The Carling Kop has a ring to it................................

Traditionally the naming rights for established grounds are much reduced as everyone still refers to the original name anyway - see St James' Park

Surely that was just a scam by Ashley to get around the FFP limits on putting in owners equity. He doesn't give a shit what it's called.