You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Annoying fucking compound words

Remmie

Woah... that's been around for a long time:

[YOUTUBE]Z7ImJg9AXsQ[/YOUTUBE]

I used to work for a school called Educatraining; I didn't know the name until receiving my first wage slip. I soon left in disgust.

I first heard it around the 90's yeah, there was a lot of Amiga games getting released which were educational and the industry used 'edutainment' to describe them. Awful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Sexting - probably been mentioned but this pisses me off.

Whilst speaking to me 18 and 21 year old nieces I tried to be "hip uncle Paulie" when talking about dating and said "yeah because you have to be careful of the dangers of sexting"

They both went "what, what's that?" blushing, I then had to explain what it was whilst my missus pissed herself laughing in the background.

There's no way the 21 year old didn't know what it was though. 

• Upvote 1

Try living in a country where compound words are the norm

Egy - one

Egész - whole

Egészég - wholeness or health

Egészéged - your health

Egészégedre - to your health or just "cheers" in any sane language

The entire fucking language is built on this concept and none of it is vaguely pronounceable

• Upvote 1

Try living in a country where compound words are the norm

Egy - one

Egész - whole

Egészég - wholeness or health

Egészéged - your health

Egészégedre - to your health or just "cheers" in any sane language

The entire fucking language is built on this concept and none of it is vaguely pronounceable

Well, they do have their own suicide song, to be fair.

• 2 weeks later...