You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

----------Pep------------

Kelly--Carra--Seb--Enrique

-------Speo--Adam-------

-Downing---Jonjo-----Maxi

----------Luis------------

As much a 'must win' game as any, go out now and the season's all but over apart from the final. Really at my wit's end with Downing now, he simply has to produce; same goes for Adam although he least he showed some balls when he came on at the toilet. Jonjo over Henderson for me, looks much the better prospect and this is the sort of game he should hopefully thrive in.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

------------------------Reina-----------------

Magic--------Skrtel-------------Agger----------Enrique

Shelvey-------Gerrard------------Adam-------Bellamy

-------------Suarez--------------Carroll------------

Shelvey can play a tucked-in right midfield role, similar to how he played at Blackpool.

Lots of movement, creativity and skill, and no place for shithouses like Downing and Readysalted, who were the most depressing thing about the United game, apart from the score. Spearing isn't good enough, either.

Why do people continue persisting putting Suarez wide in a front 3?

When have we ever done this from the start or even midway through a game?

I'll give you the answer - we've haven't. Not once.

Even at Spurs away we put Carroll at left wing ahewd of Suarez.

Every time Suarez has played for us he's been a number 9, a centre forward, a striker. He may drift into other area's at times but the majority of his work is in the middle of the pitch.

Please stop can people stop putting him out wide as it simply isn't going to happen. It's a waste of a post.

Carroll only got shunted out to left wing in that Spurs game because we were down to 10 men.

Cricket score for this one 6-0. 2 strikers with a hatrick for Suarez, penalty for Gerrard and a couple for Carroll.

This won't be easy as we tend to start slowly against weaker sides at home. The last couple of years have shown this

We were fortunate to go in ahead at half time against Oldham due to a sluggish start and I agree with other posters that we put our strongest 11 out.

Full week to prepare for the final. Henderson and Downing do not deserve to play for their piss poor outing last weekend and I hope they don't start at Wembley either. For me this would be my starting 11

Usual back 5

Kuyt gerrard adams bellamy

suarez carroll

By the way I hope you're right mate

Spearing isn't good enough, either.

So Spearing makes one mistake against United and now the daggers have come out for him and he is not good enough?

He has been very good the last year, rarely letting us down and playing well - one mistake shouldn't change that.

So Spearing makes one mistake against United and now the daggers have come out for him and he is not good enough?

He has been very good the last year, rarely letting us down and playing well - one mistake shouldn't change that.

To be fair to silverlining, he has always said that.

Bring Sterling, Carroll and Kuyt on 2nd half?

I'm itching to see what Sterling can do in the first team.

I'd love to see Sterling come on.

Although I'm no fan of Carroll, I can see the merit of bringing him on in games, but with 15-25 minutes left, not five. I'd like to see us try and play decent football for the first 65-75 minutes, with the big man coming on as a last resort.

Interesting to see what happens with Maxi, because at the moment it looks like we might as well have just tried to get rid in January if we're not going to play him. Maybe we did.

I'd love to see Sterling come on.

Although I'm no fan of Carroll, I can see the merit of bringing him on in games, but with 15-25 minutes left, not five. I'd like to see us try and play decent football for the first 65-75 minutes, with the big man coming on as a last resort.

Interesting to see what happens with Maxi, because at the moment it looks like we might as well have just tried to get rid in January if we're not going to play him. Maybe we did.

To be brutally honest we could have done much better than Carroll, but he is here now and does bring something (not as much as Bellers and Suarez admittedly) different to the table, Cant say I'm not sick of him coming on too late for us to try and use him effectively. And at least he has a few goals and assists in him, unlike a certain winger who is missing more often than not.

My thinking on Carroll now is that he's being given a few minutes here and there to try and play him back on form, but lets be honest, 5 minutes a game isnt going to make any difference at all (see Babel), and 35mil is quite a bit to write off.

Right now our teams crying out for something different, so hopefully we'll see some of Coady and Sterling in a few games, even if it is a couple of minutes in cups or when games are killed off (I'm sorry, I appreciate what Jay does, and he gives his all, but sadly he is not good enough for the long run and i believe that Coady is).

I can't fucking wait.

£23 for a ticket for a cup tie against one of the most attractive footballing sides in The Championship.

Bellamy, Gerrard and Suarez are likely to play. Our defence is playing as well as I've seen us in a good while, (last week aside), and Dalglish is a safe pair of hands for making sure that we treat these with the respect they deserve.

I think it'll be a cracker.

I can't fucking wait.

£23 for a ticket for a cup tie against one of the most attractive footballing sides in The Championship.

Bellamy, Gerrard and Suarez are likely to play. Our defence is playing as well as I've seen us in a good while, (last week aside), and Dalglish is a safe pair of hands for making sure that we treat these with the respect they deserve.

I think it'll be a cracker.

I've lost all ability to notice the difference between sarcasm and genuine positivity.

Cricket score for this one 6-0. 2 strikers with a hatrick for Suarez, penalty for Gerrard and a couple for Carroll.

Brighton are not going to be easy to beat (ask Newcastle and also look how we struggled in the 2nd half against them in the league cup). They hold the ball well and try to play football but are also very good at shutting down opposing teams. I've seen them a few times this season (I live in Brighton!) and although they aren't always the most attractive side they work hard for each other and could make life very difficult.

We must not think this is a done deal as Brighton are capable of an upset. They're also capable of falling apart so let's hope it's the latter Brighton that turn up on Sunday.

I think some of your line ups (containing several squad/peripheral players) are being a tad disrespectful to Brighton, I feel the team should be as close to full strength as possible, as cups are going to be our only chance of silverware this season.

Reina:Kelly, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique:Spearing, Gerrard, Henderson:Bellamy, Suarez, Kuyt.

Should be something close to resembling the team, what I would be in favour of is a few young lads on the bench, in the event we have an unassailable second half lead, be nice to see Suso or Sterling get a 20 minute run out.

Very good last year? We finished 6th last season in case you forgotten.

The only thing he did well is passing sideways. Yes fucking sideway passing. That is the only thing he is good at. He is not a defensive midfielder, not an attacking midfielder as obviously he is shit in attack. He is just an average central midfielder. Look scared whenever he play and fucking slow.

This isn't about one mistake, this is about not playing an average player.