You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

8 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You don't believe a Police Inspector with 20 years on the force? Would you believe him if he was white?

So now I’m racist for not believing him after his complaint was rejected by the PSU?  That’s weird.  Why investigate at all? 

6 hours ago, M_B said:

Seems like a bit of a hatchet job on Liverpool. Claims there is nothing to commemorate the victims of the slave trade but conveniently neglects to mention there's an entire museum dedicated to it. The usual attacks on Gladstone because his dad owned slaves, and of course no mention of the important role the man played in getting the trade abolished. Etc

• Upvote 2

On 18/08/2020 at 17:43, skend04 said:

Defund the Police!

Amazing how there's nothing wrong in the conduct of white Met officers constantly and consistently stopping black people driving their own cars. Even when the drivers are police officers themselves.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53811375

Canny, was he actually speeding and did he actually go through a red light? Of course it’s profiling, add just enough justification, I have been pulled for speeding a few times, never has it been on suspicion of speeding.

In the recording, shared with BBC News, the officer said Insp Ehikioya was being stopped for driving at speed and it "looked like he had gone through a red light".” 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
15 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

10 million is a bit of an exaggeration, it's more like 1 million.

The entire tweet is ridiculous though. George Floyds video shook the world because it was a slow execution as he begged for his life while already restrained, at the hands of the police. And for many it was triggering as they can relate, having spent most of their life being abused and mistreated by police. The fact that criminals exist generally isn't that shocking, tragic as the story of Anwar is (and it really is). Devastating, but who is this missing outrage supposed to be directed at? Are people supposed to protest in the streets demanding criminals stop carjacking?

• Upvote 1

I watched that Panorama that Naga Munchetty did a few weeks ago, where she was just getting people to talk about their views and experiences in respect of race and racism. It's well worth watching.  She did a really good job of letting the interviewees have time to speak for themselves. 

Been watching the testimony of witnesses in the George Floyd trial. One of them is a professional MMA fighter who is going into great detail on choke holds, describing the difference between air chokes and blood chokes. He also moved onto death chokes but that was objected and stricken. 

In most cases, that would seal a case. 

3 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

The entire tweet is ridiculous though. George Floyds video shook the world because it was a slow execution as he begged for his life while already restrained, at the hands of the police. And for many it was triggering as they can relate, having spent most of their life being abused and mistreated by police. The fact that criminals exist generally isn't that shocking, tragic as the story of Anwar is (and it really is). Devastating, but who is this missing outrage supposed to be directed at? Are people supposed to protest in the streets demanding criminals stop carjacking?

Anyone would think it was a tedious false equivalence from people who are actually just dim-witted racists.

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Been watching the testimony of witnesses in the George Floyd trial. One of them is a professional MMA fighter who is going into great detail on choke holds, describing the difference between air chokes and blood chokes. He also moved onto death chokes but that was objected and stricken. 

In most cases, that would seal a case. 

Have they allowed that previous year arrest video as evidence?

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The one where he was crying for his mum? 

I was just scrolling the internet randomly when I first saw it and it ruined me. When I read your post my stomach sank again. Horrible.

Maybe I'm more sensitive than most having lost my Mum in recent years, but him as a fully grown man calling out for his dead Mum in desperation was absolutely horrifying.