You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tom Adeyemi

redsoxs

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TonyBarretTimes Tony Barrett

The CPS has just confirmed the Liverpool fan arrested following the FA Cup tie against Oldham will not face any charges.

Now there's a 'bottom of page 10' story if ever there was one. Had the CPS found differently, it would be on the front AND back pages. You know, even though we are 'moving on' and that.

@paul_tomkins

Paul Tomkins RT @LukeTraynorEcho: Enhanced isolated sound on CCTV and nearby fans supporting arrested man's contention he did not shout racist abuse

Doesn't sound as though there was ever a case! Which in all fairness, is what has been found.

It's appropriate to investigate these things and LFC co-operated fully with the Police, but surely the press should be held to account for the frenzy they whipped up over an allegation.

Everything they published, and individual comments at the time was taken as fact whilst LFC apologise to a player who was a crying little girl.

Seem to remember a manc fan being CHARGED with racially abusing a Stoke player not long after which got about three lines tucked away somewhere.

No press agenda against LFC eh ?

TonyBarretTimes Tony Barrett

The CPS has just confirmed the Liverpool fan arrested following the FA Cup tie against Oldham will not face any charges.

I still think we should apologise for this.

The other thing from this is that I reckon Terry will get off as well. We could all lip-read the cunt, but there will be no sound.

I called him that at the start. Saves time.

So did I, and I almost got banned. Mind you, 'Uncle Tom' wasn't a clever tag.

It's rediculous think that we, as a fan base, could be racist in this day and age. If we were ever going to be racist en masse, it would have happened in the days of Diouf, Diao, and latterly Itandje...

So did I, and I almost got banned. Mind you, 'Uncle Tom' wasn't a clever tag.

It's rediculous think that we, as a fan base, could be racist in this day and age. If we were ever going to be racist en masse, it would have happened in the days of Diouf, Diao, and latterly Itandje...

I'm not sure there is a correlation between how racist a club's fans are, and how many shit black players they have.

Or if there is, we shouldn't try and find it. It won't end well.

Although it would certainly be interesting to use the fact that we have a predominantly white team as "proof" that we aren't racist, because we don't have any reason to hate black people if we don't have any rubbish black players to hate.

See? It's fraught with dangerous precedents.

So the photographer said to adeyami he's just called you something ?

I didn't know about the photographer bit of the story. I do remember clearly though that as an earlier poster pointed out he had already retrieved the ball from the billboards and was well into the penalty box before he turned round and remonstrated. And it's not as if there was one of these lulls where one person can shout something and maybe be heard by the goalie, it was noisy because it coincided with the Suarez song.

Tom Adeyemi, it would seem, was allowing himself to be caught up in the frenzy surrounding the Suarez case. Now we have to decide whether he was deliberately mischief making or genuinely felt that he heard a racist shout. Only he knows what his motivation was but, regardless of today's CPS announcement, his actions have impugned the good name of our club and ourselves.

The Manc bastard! Sorry, Tom that's 'the MANC bastard!'.

"There are two important factors I have relied upon when making my decision: the enhanced CCTV footage and the high proportion of witness statements which tend to support the suspect’s version of events."

Watch how this gets turned into all the Liverpool fans supporting a racist, but the mancs are all wonderful because it was the fans who reported their fan found guilty of racism.

From Holt's article 7/01/12;

Maybe now the Liverpool board will realise that their stance on Suarez has empowered people like whoever screamed vile insults at Adeyemi.

Maybe now they will realise it has empowered other so-called Liverpool fans to send messages to a blameless FA executive, saying they hoped his wife is raped.

Maybe now they will realise it has empowered people to shower black footballers and ex-footballers such as Stan Collymore with the most disgusting racist abuse on Twitter.

Maybe they will deny that Adeyemi was abused, too.

From Holt's article 7/01/12;

Maybe now the Liverpool board will realise that their stance on Suarez has empowered people like whoever screamed vile insults at Adeyemi.

Maybe now they will realise it has empowered other so-called Liverpool fans to send messages to a blameless FA executive, saying they hoped his wife is raped.

Maybe now they will realise it has empowered people to shower black footballers and ex-footballers such as Stan Collymore with the most disgusting racist abuse on Twitter.

Maybe they will deny that Adeyemi was abused, too.

Fucking little weasel.

https://twitter.com/#!/ollieholtmirror

There's a certian tone in his Twitter posts on this, don't you agree?

OllieHoltMirror Oliver Holt

Tom Adeyemi believed to stand by allegation of racist abuse against LFC supporter but accepts insufficient evidence for police to prove it

So Tom refuses to accept the independent findings does he?

Is that now okay, Ollie?