You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy Carroll -" Liverpool willing to sell "

James21

Would you sell him  

373 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sell him

• Sell him
    • Keep him.
    • Loan him out
    • Wait till the summer and see how things look.

What struck me was after the Newcastle game when Gerrard was being interviewed and was asked about Andy Carroll, he response was roughly 'if he works like that, then theres no reason why not' as in Gerrard knows he is a waste of space most of the time.

I thought that was telling, given he sees him everyday in training, I think maybe the effect of seeing his captain, who wont accept mediocre efforts and performances is partly what fired Carroll up to actually put a bit of effort in once Gerrard arrived on the pitch. However should someone paid that much money really need the threat of Gerrard knocking him clean out to put some effort into it?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What struck me was after the Newcastle game when Gerrard was being interviewed and was asked about Andy Carroll, he response was roughly 'if he works like that, then theres no reason why not' as in Gerrard knows he is a waste of space most of the time.

I thought that was telling, given he sees him everyday in training, I think maybe the effect of seeing his captain, who wont accept mediocre efforts and performances is partly what fired Carroll up to actually put a bit of effort in once Gerrard arrived on the pitch. However should someone paid that much money really need the threat of Gerrard knocking him clean out to put some effort into it?

I think the lazy thing is a bit of an over-simplification. His situation reminds me of Babel who was tagged the same way but more often than not was stood staring into space not because he was lazy but because he was just too stupid to work out what to do next. Should he hold, or press, first defender, or second defender?

Carroll's the same for me. At newcastle it seemed to me they had 3 or 4 fixed patterns of play and he could handle that. In a dalglish team with people improvising all over the place, he's just dumbstruck. He's not lazy, on the pitch anyways, he runs about a lot, but it's all over the place, it's like my cat after a dose of catnip though.

He needs to go to an allardyce team basically.

Nar he jogs, sometimes he jumps, he rarely ever runs.

He cant even be arsed getting in the box half the time. Even Allardyce couldnt work with that. He probably sees himself as some sort of footballing God who can score headers from outside the box but one day he'll sober up.

As I say I watched Gerrard reacting to the question and it seemed his choice of words spoke volumes.

Nar he jogs, sometimes he jumps, he rarely ever runs.

He cant even be arsed getting in the box half the time. Even Allardyce couldnt work with that. He probably sees himself as some sort of footballing God who can score headers from outside the box but one day he'll sober up.

As I say I watched Gerrard reacting to the question and it seemed his choice of words spoke volumes.

Works hard or works smart? Who knows.

Gerrard is the key though, his initiative will start making other people's decisions for them hopefully.

Works hard or works smart? Who knows.

Gerrard is the key though, his initiative will start making other people's decisions for them hopefully.

Well I think of the abuse that Torres used to get if we thought he wasnt trying hard enough and that was about the amount of effort Carroll puts in on a good day, I think he has lowered the bar that much that if we seem him jogging we think that is him working his socks off.

Well I think of the abuse that Torres used to get if we thought he wasnt trying hard enough and that was about the amount of effort Carroll puts in on a good day, I think he has lowered the bar that much that if we seem him jogging we think that is him working his socks off.

I know what you mean, I'm not saying you're wrong, just there's more to the story. If he worked even harder he just be crap more often. IMO.

You should go to Garlands on Friday and explain set patterns and causality to him using the medium of empty Jagermeister glasses.

Friday you say? Hmmm, would give me plenty of time to put together a portfolio of visios. If we do causality though, I'm going to need touch on probabilistic inference so we'll need lots of different sized glasses. We'll need something for the edges of the bayesian network too. Thoughts?

Make it happen. We can do this!

I dont give a fuck what age he is, even if he becomes the best he can, how good can he actually be? He will ALWAYS be reliant on someone else.

What happens when Gerrard isnt playing? What happens when Gerrard retires?

We will constantly need to buy 40M players just to give this guy service, and not even david silva service because he wuldnt be fucking good enough to play next to silva, we will always need to get someone who can just fuck it into the box.,

Thats our game with this guy, put it wide and just fuck it in the box, thats all he can do.

God i fucking miss torres.

This guy is actually making me miss David fucking ngog, can anyone honestly say carroll offers more than ngog?

What happens if Nggog right now plays 20 games gets 10 goals. Does that make him worth 30M because thats what we did with carroll.

I dont blame andy, i blame kenny or commolli for this

I miss Rafa

I dont give a fuck what age he is, even if he becomes the best he can, how good can he actually be? He will ALWAYS be reliant on someone else.

We will constantly need to buy 40M players just to give this guy service, and not even david silva service because he wuldnt be fucking good enough to play next to silva, we will always need to get someone who can just fuck it into the box.,

Thats our game with this guy, put it wide and just fuck it in the box, thats all he can do.

This guy is actually making me miss David fucking ngog, can anyone honestly say carroll offers more than ngog?

What happens if Nggog right now plays 20 games gets 10 goals. Does that make him worth 30M because thats what we did with carroll.

I miss Rafa

Why blame anyone? Shit happens. Mistakes happen. We move on, trying very hard not to repeat them and improve every day. We're on the right path. Let's concentrate on the next few steps, not worrying about the fact we're not at the destination yet.

I miss Rafa

Yep, he was always great in the transfer market wasn't he? and as for your "God i fucking miss torres" comment... You really need to move on.

Apparently his former agent has said he has been told to put in a transfer request (peter harrison). Probably bollocks as he has an axe to grind,with quite a few.

Just to clarify, AC told to put transfer request by NUFC or his advisors, Tompkins seems to be doing the same.

12 minutes ago.

Yep, he was always great in the transfer market wasn't he? and as for your "God i fucking miss torres" comment... You really need to move on.

Reina.

Agger.

Skrtel.

Johnson.

Lucas.

Alonso.

Mash.

Torres.

All developed into quality first team players.

Plus if he had been given the money we would have Silva, Mata, Alves, Aguero and Vidic.

Reina.

Agger.

Skrtel.

Johnson.

Lucas.

Alonso.

Mash.

Torres.

All developed into quality first team players.

Plus if he had been given the money we would have Silva, Mata, Alves, Aguero and Vidic.

You're judging all those players after years of performances. Extend the current crew the same courtesy.

You're judging all those players after years of performances. Extend the current crew the same courtesy.

Downing is 27. He doesnt have years.

Carroll has been bought as our main striker. He doesnt have years.

We are outside the top 4. We dont have years