You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No thats your sentiment and used by the club on their facebook account (which was later discredited as not belonging to Shankly). Dont bring Shankly into it if he hasnt said the same.

erm it's not my sentiment, it's just one I happen to agree with.

not being on Facebook how would i know it was on the clubs page?

Whoops sorry I won't mntion Shankly again ever ok sir sorry sorry sir

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only criticised Downing and Carroll and carroll been here for over a year and downing is 27 and been in the premiership all his life plenty of time to judge if he is shit or not..

agree about the pressure but thats what makes players great been able to handle it if at 27 downing cant handle it he shouldnt be here..

I see what your saying about Downing, some players just take longer to adjust i just see 4 months as being a bit quick

Carroll joined last day of the Jan Window and was injured for 6-7 weeks Just sayin

Gutted with that .....Felt like headbutting my wall at the end , its way beyond a joke now its groundhog day pretty much every game.

I like Henderson and believe he will be a very good player down the line but his last few games have been 'nothing performances' he reminds of what Lucas used to be like 2-3 years ago , i hope he learns off Gerrard because there is no-one better to learn from , Adam needs a rest to.

The only positive was Gerrard , just brilliant , you could see his class immediatly , fuck how weve missed him , him staying fit is the only hope of CL this season , i know were not cut adrift of the top 4 yet but we soon will be unless we up our game and stop throwing points down the shitter.

I fear the failure to put the shit away especially at home has cost us Top 4 already , hope im wrong though.

I see what your saying about Downing, some players just take longer to adjust i just see 4 months as being a bit quick

Carroll joined last day of the Jan Window and was injured for 6-7 weeks Just sayin

ye but some players you can see playing and just know they wont make it Carroll is this for me.. about downing maybe 4 months is a bit quick his all round play is better but his decision making and shooting has been bad i hope it improves in the second half of the season..

Just back.

A poor result and performance against a team and manager that define shambolic. BUT, we are still in touching distance of the top four.

Some are criticising recent signings, but it is not a shock that if we buy our players from a team that was relegated, another two from teams that finished mid table, and a striker with one seasons experience, that we hit a bit of a ceiling short of the top four.

A bit shocked to hear Kenny say "there was not much more that we coud do" or defend our record against the deadmen by saying that "we are unbeaten".

All is not lost, Arsenal and Chelsea look vulnerable. Maxi needs to stay on the pitch, Bellamy needs to sart.

Face facts, Kenny and Cammoli have not spent well, try and dress it up however you like but that's a fact. £120 million (yes I know a substantial amount has been raised from sales) and over half of it wasted in my opinion on some bizarre buy 2nd rate British transfer policy.

Let's just hope we start to get this right in the next couple of transfer windows. We're still as a minimum looking for quality out wide and up front.

ye support the players but for how long do we support them Carroll bar one game has shown fuck all in a year this from a striker we spent 35 mill on, Downing is 27 we have all been watching him play most his career now hes been with us for 6 months and has 0 goals and 0 assists spent 20 mill on, adam has been hot and cold but he has cost us the last two games.. not gonna judge henderson yet as hes young and been moved around a lot..

still think caroll did well, u expect 1 or 2 chances from a player like caroll in the whole game, and thats exactly what he did, he had three chances and in all of them he did brilliantly, when u burry the ball into the bottom corner in and the keeper saves it, its not ur fault, its not caroll's fault that evry keeper in the world becomes a beast in anfield ...

and yes its bad luck, i've seen united, chelse, mc all won games with less chances than we create, and not even with good finishing, just a lucky scrappy goal, we've been the better side in all our games away and home except tottenham ... aside from some bad finishing we were fucking UNLUCKY

If Dalglish was'nt such a legend, there would be people calling for his head, or at least having a right go, some of his buys have been shite, some of his tactics have been head scratching, to say the least. The points we've dropped have turned us into a mediocre side at times at best

Just got back, not read any of the thread so apologies if I'm repeating anything (which I most probably will be as it's practically a carbon copy of every post home match thread)

In the final third we are absolutely shite. Our final ball is absolutely shite. Our decision making is absolutely shite.

That's it in a nutshell. Bottom of the league Blackburn, whipping boys, even their own fans hate them, now added to the illustrious list of dog shit teams to take points off us this season. Norwich, Sunderland, Swansea, Wigan, Fulham, Stoke. Absolute dregs. Then you see the mancs go and put 5 past Wigan today and it frustrates you even more.

Not good enough. The same problems are destroying our season. If we could improve our decision making in the final third by even a couple of percent we'd be comfortably in the CL places now.

when you dominate a game from start to finish and the opposition score from an o.g from a corner that should never have been allowed to be a corner' date=' i dont see how the manager can be at fault.[/quote']

Well we shouldn't be a goal down to B'burn and requiring a goal in injury time to win i guess. Also the players he has bought were pretty uninspiring once again in that game.

Think i mentioned this on here recently, i really couldn't be happier with Kenny in terms of how he's coaching the team, i just think he's bought poorly for the money we've spent. Replace Adam and Henderson with some proper players(or even just a couple of actual central mid-fielders), Downing with a top class wide player, and our £35m striker with a striker worth even half that and we'd be fucking amazing. Easy eh?

Well we shouldn't be a goal down to B'burn and requiring a goal in injury time to win i guess. Also the players he has bought were pretty uninspiring once again in that game.

Think i mentioned this on here recently, i really couldn't be happier with Kenny in terms of how he's coaching the team, i just think he's bought poorly for the money we've spent. Replace Adam and Henderson with some proper players(or even just a couple of actual central mid-fielders), Downing with a top class wide player, and our £35m striker with a striker worth even half that and we'd be fucking amazing. Easy eh?

Kenny is doing an excellent job and I have no doubt we'll be serious contenders within the next three years. That's actually what drives a lot of the frustration in post match discussion, knowing we're on the precipice but seeing us contrive to screw ourselves. That wasn't even Blackburn's first team, for fuck sake.

It is all very well saying we have not spent well' date=' but the truth of the matter is if you look at where we started from we are far better off. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. The carroll thing was a strange one, i think it was known we were going for adam, enrique has worked out ok and downing probably was overpriced but who realistically were we going to sign instead of him? I guess it doesnt matter now to be honest because there is nothing we can do about it, we have signed these players.[/quote']

Really? Are you sure? Thought the side we were putting out towards the end of last season was better, with Maxi, Suarez and Meireles in the team giving us much more creativity in the side. The point being have Carroll, Henderson, Downing and Adam actually improved our first eleven? Not from what I can see.

I've no objection to spending the money on Henderson as he's one for the future, the same goes for Adam despite him limitations we can't really complain for £7 million. Even so you couldn't really say we're stronger now.

Downing adds very little, he's carried his often anonymous form through much of his career. I know the stats, he seems to have a good year followed by an average year but for £20 million?

My biggest concern is that we don't have five years to get this right. Another 6th/7th finish this season and it'll be the third on the run, with each passing season it will become harder and harder to attract the absolute best players.

I'm not for one minute having a go at Kenny, all managers make duff buys, I could look down the east lancs road, you'd hardly suggest Anderson, Carrick and Berbatov are value for money?

In the end it's about our management team ultimately being ruthless, recognising when mistakes have been made and correcting them.

Guest San Don

Hmmmm. Massively disappointing result. Looks like another dip into the transfer market is going to be required.

Here's hoping Friday night's gonna be better!

It`s no good bemoaning the oppo keeper, he only made one save. And we really shouldn`t be relying on a 94th minute winner v the worst side in the league.

It`s not like it was a one off, it`s a consistent pattern this season. We just don`t win enough games. Death by a thousand draws.

If Dalglish was'nt such a legend, there would be people calling for his head, or at least having a right go, some of his buys have been shite, some of his tactics have been head scratching, to say the least. The points we've dropped have turned us into a mediocre side at times at best

exactly. KD deserves time of course but the majority of his buys have been dreadful, overpriced garbage. One thing is certain he's going to need a better recruitment policy in 2012 or he'll be coming under pressure

Kenny is doing an excellent job and I have no doubt we'll be serious contenders within the next three years. That's actually what drives a lot of the frustration in post match discussion, knowing we're on the precipice but seeing us contrive to screw ourselves. That wasn't even Blackburn's first team, for fuck sake.

Agreed mate. We're our own worst enemy. The fact we are twatting teams most weeks and still not taking points just compounds things. Then seeing a seriously average manc side blast the same dross out of sight is the final nail in the coffin.

Of course it is'nt. Yes we should be rightly pissed off with drawing with the likes of blackburn' date=' we did but lets not get carried away and start suggesting we have a campaign to get kenny out.[/quote']

Don't think anybody wants Dalglish out but results like this mean he's gonna get criticised. That's the way it rolls I'm afraid.

Our decision making is poor. Its amazing how many of downings balls into the box go straight to opposing players..

We certainly don't have enough players with game sense, as it were. Case in point: 65th minute, Downing floats in a cross aimed for Maxi at the back post. The only other player of ours in the box is Henderson. It is clear quickly that the cross is going to reach Maxi near the byline, so his only option will be to put it back across the face of goal. It is obvious this is going to happen almost from the moment Downing puts the ball in the air.

So what does Henderson do? He tracks the flight of the ball, ends up standing next to Maxi (who was always going to get it and thus there was no reason for Henderson to be near him) as Maxi nods the ball back across goal....where we have absolutely no-one there to take advantage of it. Even Maxi had a bit of a go at Henderson for such elementary ball-watching rubbish. And our team is infected with it.

We certainly don't have enough players with game sense, as it were. Case in point: 65th minute, Downing floats in a cross aimed for Maxi at the back post. The only other player of ours in the box is Henderson. It is clear quickly that the cross is going to reach Maxi near the byline, so his only option will be to put it back across the face of goal. It is obvious this is going to happen almost from the moment Downing puts the ball in the air.

So what does Henderson do? He tracks the flight of the ball, ends up standing next to Maxi (who was always going to get it and thus there was no reason for Henderson to be near him) as Maxi nods the ball back across goal....where we have absolutely no-one there to take advantage of it. Even Maxi had a bit of a go at Henderson for such elementary ball-watching rubbish. And our team is infected with it.

That was Carroll and not Henderson though, wasn't it? Perhaps I need to download the match to make sure now.

when is this paucity of goals going to end?

it's beyond a joke now and conceding from one chance at the other end. it's all happening too frequently to be considered bad luck any more.

same old shit - we all think we just have to turn up and beat norwich, swansea, blackburn, sunderland at home. You get people on here trying to be positive saying "we'll twat them" etc but is that positivity or is it arrogance and complacency that has crippled us over the years?

carroll, suarez, downing, maxi, enrique, adam, henderson and GJ all had chances. carroll was unlucky. he had a couple of decent headers and a point blank save from the keeper but his career at Liverpool so far can be summed up by this - downing cuts back on his left foot hangs one up to the back post, maxi heads it across goal, andy carroll is standing at the edge of the 18 yard box - oh andy, 2 great saves, the cross bar, missed penalty, 2011's been awful, oh andy.

Downing's beginning to look like a right fucking whinger. he got in a few crosses today, some in good areas some to no one. missed a great chance from a well weighted ball from Gerrard. saw plenty of the ball and he's good at getting us up the pitch quickly when we're counter attacking but his quality in the final third is very very suspect.

maxi and suarez both played well but both missed good heading opportunities but I can't really fault their movement and invention. they seem to really like playing together. final ball from maxi sometimes could have been better and suarez can be guilty of trying to do too much but he's our most likely match winner so let him do what he wants to try and get a goal.

adam was shocking again but I think I'd rather have seen us keep him on with Gerrard further forward because there were GAPING holes in our midfield late on. Rovers scored from their only chance in the first half and they could have won it with their only chance of the second when dunn danced through after some fucking about between the midfield and the defence. Gerrard looked good when he came on don't get me wrong. the ball for maxi from the free kick and a lovely ball to agger when he went down in the area and we all thought it was a penalty (only to see agger get up and try and win the ball back. he didn't claim a penalty so why was he booked?) and the ball to downing I've already mentioned but by the end of the game our shape was gone and there was no one from midfield winning the second ball and they were able to get it away. There's no finer sight than seeing steven gerrard having the ball played into space in front of him when he's going at full pelt and hopefully this is the start of his season now but he completely vacates his midfield position going all over the pitch looking the ball and we were exposed a few times. we were chasing a win at home so I can see why we swapped him and adam who was poor but steven gerrard in a midfield 2 has never worked consistently hence the reason we had alonso and hamann or sissoko or mascherano or Lucas and Gerrard further forward. that's what works.

that said we played some lovely football. Downings cross field ball to maxi or somebody with suarez and carroll breaking into the box but we couldn't find the pull back. a lot of our crosses today didn't beat the first man but I can see a style of play developing and it's really good to watch we just need to stop being so complacent against anybody outside the top 6, start putting the ball in the net more than once a game and stop being so fucking careless at the back and letting teams score from one of two chances. we just don't seem to be correcting these mistakes and it's become the same thing week after week.

Need to beat Newcastle on friday to knock them back a bit. fourth place is still there but we're running out of chances to make CL football a possibility for next season.

Terrible atmosphere, even worse result and a pretty poor performance. Their keeper had one save to make and he made it, but considering we were playing the bottom team at Anfield that’s not even nearly good enough. We hardly created any clear cut goal scoring chances.

Suarez looks like he’s playing with the weight of the world on his shoulders and it’s a shame, a player as good as him should be embraced by the media and opposing fans but instead he could be drove out of the country, meaning the Premier League will lose a genuinely world class talent.

Don’t get me started on Charlie Adam; it’d just turn into a rant because I honestly dislike him. He’s a shite footballer; he’s part of a select few who genuinely should never be able to say they’ve played for such a prestigious club – ah couldn’t help myself.

Downing was good today, it’s the first time I’ve seen him play with real confidence for us, he got into loads of great positions but his end product is fucking terrible. Andy Carroll one of his better performances which doesn’t really say much does it.

Blackburn didn’t come with any ambition to win what so ever, literally none even their own players were surprised when they scored. It’s so frustrating because we’re as close to being a VERY average side as we are to being VERY good side.