You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dalglish expects to have money to spend

Iceman

I cant beleive im seeing comments here ridiculing Kennys Signings!! ''He shouldnt be given more money?" Fuckin get a grip ya braindead bellends. My opinion on his signings...

I don't think anyone is ridiculing the signings, I just think there is currently some concern.

Doni - As of now looks solid back up with excellent distribution, if you were at Ibrox the other week you would know what i mean!

We know that Doni is earning more money than is necessary for a back up keeper who will play very few games as we don't have Europe. When the signing was in the pipeline, all Doni was on about was money. What is the point of signing young goalkeepers if we just keep them for a couple of years and get rid of them all before they get chance to play the odd game?

Coates -Its going to take time with this young lad, getting used to the pase and physical side is his biggest task, but im very confident once he has overcome these two obstacles he will become a strong dominating defender for years to come, the accolades he has won shows his quality and potential, you dont receive them awards if your a bad player!

I haven't seen one person criticise this signing. There is a lot of anticipation in actually seeing how he progresses. I think we're all hoping he goes on to do well, and name one poster who has ridiculed this kid.

Enrique - Can you give me a left back who has peformed better than him this season? Because i certainly cant! Bargain price may i add.

Again, an unmitigated success thus far. Looks as though he's solved our LB problems for the next few years. Our main problem with him, could be hanging on to him in a couple of years, but even that is a good problem to have.

Adam - If nobody thinks that this lad has added something to our play this season then use dont understand football, im not saying hes something special.. im just saying he has defo added something to our squad..something we were badly in need of. Also a good price

So quantify exactly what he has added to our play. It's ok saying he's added something, but added what exactly? He's been really inconsistent. It's probably too early to decide if it was a good signing or not, but I don't see this guy playing for a team trying to challenge near the top of the league.

Henderson - For me he has made a solid start!! This for me i think will proove along with the Enrique deal to be our shrewdest, i think Henderson is such a grounded player with a perfect mentality, his willingless to learn, listen and improve will turn him into a big key player for us in years to come. I have full faith in this lad, but i guess asking for patience from you negative bellends is to much to ask! I suppose use will demand instant world class performances!

So the best things you can say about him are that he's grounded, and has willingness to learn? What about technical ability? Ability on the ball? Determination? Drive? I haven't seen or heard anyone booing him at the match. This is a forum, a place for opinions. If people were booing him, I'd be 100% agreeing with you, but we're not, we're voicing concern away from the match.

Downing - Finally found a player who has given us width and pace, so far has made a good start..not brilliant, but better than average. Ok, the price tag may have been a little high but thats what you pay for english players. It will take time with Downing, he still needs to find his feet a little, but i have every bit of confidence he will become an important player, i think the problem with him is self-belief. There is no doubting his ability. He just needs a goal in my opinion, once that comes, i have belief he will begin to sow his true worth.

That is bizarre. He's the player we have been waiting for, but has no self belief? Your confidence in him doesn't actually provide him with abilities we need. He's a good player, no one is saying he's rubbish, but he was signed for marquee money, and he was never good enough for that. He may kick on a level or two, but if he doesn't, we'll have to buy another left winger in a couple of years, and Downing will be shipped out for half the money we paid for him.

Bellamy - Astute signing by Kenny..he has unfinished business, has made a very possitive start when played, has fans on the edge of their seats with his pace and determination, i will like to see him utiles more often in the nxt games, defo thought when he was brought off against Norwich we lost all of our energy.. would go as far as saying he is probaly at the minute our best finsher at the club so should be drafted in alot more in my opinion.

I like Bellamy, but if he is our best finisher, then we are in a world of trouble. He's never been a finisher in his whole career. It was good business to sign him, and I'm delighted we snapped him up.

Carrol - The price tag will never be justified, im sure everyone will agree with that. As kenny said on numerous occasions, LFC has signed him for 5 years and not 5 months. I think people seem to forget his age, he is still a kid, i noticed a comparison on here a while back liking him to Christian Vieri, a very worthy point i'd say! I think with the right guidance, he will become a right handful, and an absolute nightmare to handle! But moans and groans from the stands certainly wont help his development!

He may turn out to be as good as Christian Vieri, but I doubt it. He may turn around his form and go on to play 400 games for us scoring a couple of hundred goals. But so far, he has been a disaster of a signing. He cost £35m. That money could have been spent in a much better way. Yet again, we've been happy to pay English tax on players that aren't at the standard we need. If he turns out to be a good player, I'll hold my hands up and admit I'm wrong. It gives me no pleasure whatsoever to criticise the players pulling on our jersey. I'd love to be saying that everyone was fucking awesome, I really would.

Suarez - No Explanation needed

Agreed, we bought a good player from the European market. He had skill, technical ability, drive and determination. He's the signing the exemplifies the fees we've wasted on English tax.

To conclude.. I cant stand braindead opinions.. use need to look at the bigger picture and stope the negative arsy comments, its not going to help anyone! Why is it i always hear about the inflated carrol and downing fees but not the bargains of Enrique and Adam!? Fickleness is the worst thing in football, im sure if Carrol finds his Newcastle form there will be some major rim licking going on! Start supporting ya "own players" ya negative twats!!! 13 or so games into the seaspn.. the team is still gettin to know eachother and will continue to get better and better. Just sort it out ay!!!

How long do we give them? 3 years? 4 years? I believe they should all have at least a season together to see what happens, but lets not kid ourselves here, we haven't bought outstanding players taking time to settle, we've bought good players, that need to prove they can up their games, maintaining the level of performances that got them here, isn't good enough.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant beleive im seeing comments here ridiculing Kennys Signings!! ''He shouldnt be given more money?" Fuckin get a grip ya braindead bellends. My opinion on his signings...

Doni - As of now looks solid back up with excellent distribution, if you were at Ibrox the other week you would know what i mean!

Coates -Its going to take time with this young lad, getting used to the pase and physical side is his biggest task, but im very confident once he has overcome these two obstacles he will become a strong dominating defender for years to come, the accolades he has won shows his quality and potential, you dont receive them awards if your a bad player!

Enrique - Can you give me a left back who has peformed better than him this season? Because i certainly cant! Bargain price may i add.

Adam - If nobody thinks that this lad has added something to our play this season then use dont understand football, im not saying hes something special.. im just saying he has defo added something to our squad..something we were badly in need of. Also a good price

Henderson - For me he has made a solid start!! This for me i think will proove along with the Enrique deal to be our shrewdest, i think Henderson is such a grounded player with a perfect mentality, his willingless to learn, listen and improve will turn him into a big key player for us in years to come. I have full faith in this lad, but i guess asking for patience from you negative bellends is to much to ask! I suppose use will demand instant world class performances!

Downing - Finally found a player who has given us width and pace, so far has made a good start..not brilliant, but better than average. Ok, the price tag may have been a little high but thats what you pay for english players. It will take time with Downing, he still needs to find his feet a little, but i have every bit of confidence he will become an important player, i think the problem with him is self-belief. There is no doubting his ability. He just needs a goal in my opinion, once that comes, i have belief he will begin to sow his true worth.

Bellamy - Astute signing by Kenny..he has unfinished business, has made a very possitive start when played, has fans on the edge of their seats with his pace and determination, i will like to see him utiles more often in the nxt games, defo thought when he was brought off against Norwich we lost all of our energy.. would go as far as saying he is probaly at the minute our best finsher at the club so should be drafted in alot more in my opinion.

Carrol - The price tag will never be justified, im sure everyone will agree with that. As kenny said on numerous occasions, LFC has signed him for 5 years and not 5 months. I think people seem to forget his age, he is still a kid, i noticed a comparison on here a while back liking him to Christian Vieri, a very worthy point i'd say! I think with the right guidance, he will become a right handful, and an absolute nightmare to handle! But moans and groans from the stands certainly wont help his development!

Suarez - No Explanation needed

To conclude.. I cant stand braindead opinions.. use need to look at the bigger picture and stope the negative arsy comments, its not going to help anyone! Why is it i always hear about the inflated carrol and downing fees but not the bargains of Enrique and Adam!? Fickleness is the worst thing in football, im sure if Carrol finds his Newcastle form there will be some major rim licking going on! Start supporting ya "own players" ya negative twats!!! 13 or so games into the seaspn.. the team is still gettin to know eachother and will continue to get better and better. Just sort it out ay!!!

Goals conceded is not our main problem, lack of goals scored is.

Goals conceded:

1. Newcastle - 6

2. Man City - 7

3. Liverpool - 10

3. Chelsea - 10

3. Sunderland - 10

6. Aston Villa - 11

6. Stoke - 11

6. West Brom - 11

9. Man Utd - 12

9. Everton - 12

9. Fulham - 12

9. Norwich - 12

Goals scored:

1. Man City - 33

2. Man Utd - 26

3. Chelsea - 20

4. Arsenal - 15

4. Spurs - 15

6. Bolton - 12

6. Newcastle - 12

6.Sunderland - 12

6. Liverpool - 12

10. Aston Villa - 11

10. Fulham - 11

10. Norwich - 11

Being on here during Kenny's reign is going to be tough, in between the reactionary whoppers also dealing with insufferable condescension from folks who want you to be as obsequious as them. Grim.

Become a member and you can hang out with the cool kids.

Goals conceded is not our main problem, lack of goals scored is.

Goals conceded:

1. Newcastle - 6

2. Man City - 7

3. Liverpool - 10

3. Chelsea - 10

3. Sunderland - 10

6. Aston Villa - 11

6. Stoke - 11

6. West Brom - 11

9. Man Utd - 12

9. Everton - 12

9. Fulham - 12

9. Norwich - 12

Goals scored:

1. Man City - 33

2. Man Utd - 26

3. Chelsea - 20

4. Arsenal - 15

4. Spurs - 15

6. Bolton - 12

6. Newcastle - 12

6.Sunderland - 12

6. Liverpool - 12

10. Aston Villa - 11

10. Fulham - 11

10. Norwich - 11

No doubt we've not been hitting the target. But we've had 3 or 4 leads thrown away this season already and a few silly goals which could have cost us also.

I think you'll look at alot of those top scoring teams and think we should be doing that, but our tactic can't just be score more than everyone else.

Every team in the league that ultimately finished highly placed does it by scoring alot but also by defending those 1-0 leads that they'll more often than not have to grind out.

Right now we really don't seem capable of doing that.

But I think its only a matter of time before we find a bit more solidity.

I'm with Code on this, if that's allowed.

Scoring's the issue.

And perhaps Code can help me on this one, but I don't think any side in the League has won more games 3-2, 4-2, 5-2, 8-2, ie conceding two goals, than United in the last 10 years.

Much more important than their 1-0 wins IMO.

I think they conceded close to 50-odd in one title-winning season.

We have come from the depths of despair. Swimming in a sea of shit. Owned by two crooks and managed by a stupid old cunt. Playing abysmal football and getting famous draws to bolton.

We now have decent owners a legend in charge of the team and are playing bright attacking pass and move football. We're not going to win the league we never were, but this will fucking do for me.

Stop moaning you know nothing clueless pricks.

We have come from the depths of despair. Swimming in a sea of shit. Owned by two crooks and managed by a stupid old cunt. Playing abysmal football and getting famous draws to bolton.

We now have decent owners a legend in charge of the team and are playing bright attacking pass and move football. We're not going to win the league we never were, but this will fucking do for me.

Stop moaning you know nothing clueless pricks.

Totally and utterly agree. The level of "debate" on this thread is woeful.I went to Blackburn last season and saw a Blackburn side with loads of first team players missing overun us with "Woy" scratching his chin on the sidelines. I was roaring Dalglishs name along with most of the travelling support because-and this is important-we were UTTER SHIT! Went to Stoke last night and there was no comparison.Not vintage but deserved the win and did win. Dalglish and the new owners have transformed us. Could I also remind you it is TWENTY YEARS since we last won the league. Noone is going to turn this round in 12 months from the desperate state we were in. So my advice to the moaners is man up or fuck off.

Totally and utterly agree. The level of "debate" on this thread is woeful.I went to Blackburn last season and saw a Blackburn side with loads of first team players missing overun us with "Woy" scratching his chin on the sidelines. I was roaring Dalglishs name along with most of the travelling support because-and this is important-we were UTTER SHIT! Went to Stoke last night and there was no comparison.Not vintage but deserved the win and did win. Dalglish and the new owners have transformed us. Could I also remind you it is TWENTY YEARS since we last won the league. Noone is going to turn this round in 12 months from the desperate state we were in. So my advice to the moaners is man up or fuck off.

Not very serene, Jim.

Serious question here - What do people think a forum is for?

Nobody is booing at the matches or anything, but forums are a place to discuss our thoughts (and places to find Japanese girls being fingered by multi tentacled creatures).

Why can't people discuss their concerns on the forum, and back the team at the match?

It doesn't have to be one thing or the other.

My concern is that for our second goal last night, only two passes were completed, one of those involved an opposition player, and the ball never touched the ground - resulting in a header by Suarez. Actually, that's not true. I'm not concerned about how few passes were involved in the goal, or who was involved. It was the lateness in which that second goal came about that seems problematic to me. We take a long time to score, or there is a long time between goals scored. I'm not sure if buying another striker will quicken the rate at which goal scoring opportunities are created and then successfully converted.

My concern is that for our second goal last night, only two passes were completed, one of those involved an opposition player, and the ball never touched the ground - resulting in a header by Suarez. Actually, that's not true. I'm not concerned about how few passes were involved in the goal, or who was involved. It was the lateness in which that second goal came about that seems problematic to me. We take a long time to score, or there is a long time between goals scored. I'm not sure if buying another striker will quicken the rate at which goal scoring opportunities are created and then successfully converted.

What the Fuck?

*blinks*

Why, have you only got time to watch the first half of games or something?

Serious question here - What do people think a forum is for?

Nobody is booing at the matches or anything, but forums are a place to discuss our thoughts (and places to find Japanese girls being fingered by multi tentacled creatures).

Why can't people discuss their concerns on the forum, and back the team at the match?

It doesn't have to be one thing or the other.

As I see it, there are three groups:

People who think of the manager as a deity who should never be questioned.(They're in a very small minorty here, but you'll find them in large supply on other forums)

People who think of this manager as a deity who should never be questioned. Given the scale of his contribution to the club, unquestioned integrity and impeccable record, it's to be expected.

People who saw the shabby way the last three incumbents have been treated and are determined not to see an icon subjected to the same abuse, so they're preempting against anything remotely critical.

Whatever the reason, though, it certainly isn't conducive to a free flowing discussion.

It was the lateness in which that second goal came about that seems problematic to me. We take a long time to score, or there is a long time between goals scored. I'm not sure if buying another striker will quicken the rate at which goal scoring opportunities are created and then successfully converted.

Huh? It's a problem that we scored an 85th minute winner?

You are either new to this sport, an american, a 9 year old or a complete tit. I can't decide which.