You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jesus. It's the 3rd strip. Fucking hell lads is there anything that doesn't get us upset these days? I now hope it's pink with lilac fucking ribbons and pastel shorts. 3rd fucking strip. It matters not a fucking shite.

This. Who gives a flying fanny!

Jesus. It's the 3rd strip. Fucking hell lads is there anything that doesn't get us upset these days? I now hope it's pink with lilac fucking ribbons and pastel shorts. 3rd fucking strip. It matters not a fucking shite.

Fazakerley.

It's about being a laughing stock and not making money on shirt sales.....

I am still making fun of the green/yellow utd shirt years back, now we'll be the butt of some jokes....

Warrior fucked this one up! Should have kept it simple like the home kit......

Guest ShoePiss
It's about being a laughing stock and not making money on shirt sales.....

I am still making fun of the green/yellow utd shirt years back, now we'll be the butt of some jokes....

Warrior fucked this one up! Should have kept it simple like the home kit......

This is the only thing worth concern. They should be producing shirts that will sell by the bucket load. They should be looking to breaking sales records with every new release. They are going to do that with the home shirt I reckon so well done for that, the away I'm not so sure and the third I very much doubt it.

Nothing hysterical, they should have done better on the second and third shirts. They've failed there I reckon (just a guess on my part). We're not gypos or magpies attracted to shiny objects, they had plenty of feedback on what we liked before shirts were released, it's obvious we prefer clean, simple lines rather than tatty over designed busy shite.

Hopefully next season's 3 shirts will be more like our home one this season.

Most people only buy one shirt, the home one is great, that's all that was really necessary. Our shirts sell well anyway, the only difference is the ratio this time will be even more heavily weighted towards the home shirt, as it should be.

Sales figures should, by rights, tell them how to design the next lot, but i reckon they'll follow a trend of fucking about with the third anyway as brand awareness is as much about getting noticed as it is about getting noticed for doing things well.

Guest ShoePiss
Most people only buy one shirt' date=' the home one is great, that's all that was really necessary. Our shirts sell well anyway, the only difference is the ratio this time will be even more heavily weighted towards the home shirt, as it should be.

Sales figures should, by rights, tell them how to design the next lot, but i reckon they'll follow a trend of fucking about with the third anyway as brand awareness is as much about getting noticed as it is about getting noticed for doing things well.[/quote']

No, how about making them all very good so that they're sold in larger volumes? It doesn't cost more to produce a better looking shirt, probably less seeing as the more simple a design is the more popular it appears to be.

We don't have the stadium income to compete with a lot of teams so we need to really capitalise in other areas, this is one of them.

Guest davelfc

Between 2005-2009 we sold up to 900,000 football shirts each season. More than any other team in the premiership, except the scum. That's with a shit merchandising system in place and for some of that a boycott.

So yes, a simple design that appeals to fans. More money comes in, that is what this is about. I hope it's the plain yellow myself, because the purple one is eye aids and you just know there will be a few people at the games wearing one with their jester hats.

No, how about making them all very good so that they're sold in larger volumes? It doesn't cost more to produce a better looking shirt, probably less seeing as the more simple a design is the more popular it appears to be.

We don't have the stadium income to compete with a lot of teams so we need to really capitalise in other areas, this is one of them.

That's assuming that three great shirts would sell significantly more, i don't know if that's the case. I don't think the design itself sells more than the team it represents, and i'd wager most people buying a shirt only buy one per year anyway. I still think the excellent home shirt will fly off the shelves and offset the lack of sales of the others to some extent.

As for capitalising in other areas, well these designs are a byproduct of just that, we went with Warrior in order to chase the extra money, we could have stayed with Adidas, got less and likely had three passable but very familiar looking shirts.

We've had shit shirts and shit teams down the years and the kits still sell well, i don't think a poor away and third is that big of a deal. It's just an easy decision for most this year - get the home shirt.

Guest ShoePiss
That's assuming that three great shirts would sell significantly more' date=' i don't know if that's the case. I don't think the design itself sells more than the team it represents, and i'd wager most people buying a shirt only buy one per year anyway. I still think the excellent home shirt will fly off the shelves and offset the lack of sales of the others to some extent.

As for capitalising in other areas, well these designs are a byproduct of just that, we went with Warrior in order to chase the extra money, we could have stayed with Adidas, got less and likely had three passable but very familiar looking shirts.

We've had shit shirts and shit teams down the years and the kits still sell well, i don't think a poor away and third is that big of a deal. It's just an easy decision for most this year - get the home shirt.[/quote']

Verbal diarrhea

I have (and will) only purchase a red shirt or a white shirt. Once I was given (not Shay) a gold CL and my young son needled me into getting him a grey away in like 08 or sumpin.

Its not rocket science. Red home and White away. Bread and Butter. Biscuits and Gravy. Green Eggs and Ham.

I have (and will) only purchase a red shirt or a white shirt. Once I was given (not Shay) a gold CL and my young son needled me into getting him a grey away in like 08 or sumpin.

Its not rocket science. Red home and White away. Bread and Butter. Biscuits and Gravy. Green Eggs and Ham.

Jesus Christ.