You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Allardyce Independent Interview

RedEagle

Guest ian garro

God, I would fucking love it if they didn't get promoted this season. I've always quite liked West Ham, but fucking hell, the owners and the manager - what a gang of twats. On Allardyce, I'm absolutely bemused by the self-generated hype surrounding him, and lapped up by his media lackeys. I was unfortunate to catch a few minutes of Soccer Saturday, and Merson came out with "the reason West Ham are favourites, is Sam Allardyce. If Big Sam is not the manager, they aren't favourites". Now, I think he's correct in that statement, but in a far different way than he intended.

He seems to have gone down there, with some cast-iron guarantee of getting them up at first go. I saw a bit of the game yesterday, and he comes out before kick-off, basically lording it up - as if to say "It's ok. Big Sam is here", and he is going totally unchallenged by the media.

He's a classic example of the old maxim 'if you can't box, wear a big hat'.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

WEST HAM ALDERSHOT

Possession

West Ham 52% Aldershot 48%

Attempts on target

West Ham 5 Aldershot 9

Attempts off target

West Ham 3 Aldershot 10

Corners

West Ham 2 Aldershot 8

31 Boffin

02 Reid

03 McCartney

18 Faubert

37 McNaughton red card04 Nolan

12 Barrera (Taylor 53)

25 Stanislas

11 Carew (Ilunga 50)

19 Sears

30 Piquionne (Nouble 69)

• 7 months later...

I was sick when he joined the hammers as they have always been my favourite other team.

I don't wish them any success while having that repulsive self serving, shit stirring, loathsome cunt is in charge.

Football nowadays is a desperate business what with these fucking goons getting fucked off failure after failure only to sit back waiting for the next dopey chairman to employ them.