You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rise of the far right in Europe.

Sugar Ape

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't know how widespread this network is, but Vice seem to be obsessed with neo-Nazis, like every other article on my FB feed from them is about far right. If all you knew about America is what you read on their website, you would expect it looked like The Man in The High Castle.

Or maybe my feed is just tailored to my interests.

33 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Don't know how widespread this network is, but Vice seem to be obsessed with neo-Nazis, like every other article on my FB feed from them is about far right. If all you knew about America is what you read on their website, you would expect it looked like The Man in The High Castle.

Or maybe my feed is just tailored to my interests.

There are some very weird neo nazi Americans. The Louis Theroux documentary when he nearly gets filled in in someones garage was shocking. The only time I've seen more racism was when he interview some Jews in the Gaza episode. There is a very very big far right movement across the world and it seems to be getting worse as society gets further divided by the likes of the daily hate spreading 'anti-woke' lies and such. 

The most baffling thing especially with the far right in the US and the UK is their fascination with the nazi salute while claiming to be 'patriots'. Fucking deluded pieces of shit. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ha ha ha ha. Now that drag queens have suddenly become interested in volunteering are we going to see drag Queen food banks, drag queen lollipops ladies, drag Queen meals on wheels?  

Seeing you defend this is quite possibly one of the funniest things I’ve ever witnessed. 

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Ha ha ha ha. Now that drag queens have suddenly become interested in volunteering are we going to see drag Queen food banks, drag queen lollipops ladies, drag Queen meals on wheels?  

Seeing you defend this is quite possibly one of the funniest things I’ve ever witnessed. 

What the fuck are you on about now, you babbling loon?

12 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Post something like....

...wait....this IS like those vehemently anti-gay pastors who inevitably get outed as being gay.

I support your choice and bravery Rico.....Katherine

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Where does all this talk of volunteering come from?  I always assumed that it was paid work.

Fuck knows, I imagine it's just a script that makes it's way around those types of people so they can all quote the same thing. Like when  a conservative comes out with something monumentally stupid and all the underlings start tweeting the same thing in defence/support.

16 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Where does all this talk of volunteering come from?  I always assumed that it was paid work.

Weird, I’d always thought exactly the opposite. I mean who would spend a library budget, which I don’t think would be huge, on paying a bloke in a dress to read when people do it for free?  Even authors do it for free to promote their own work.  

41 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

This is a really telling comment.

People on this thread can say it's wrong when Fascists attack a Synagogue or Mosque without being accused of defending religions. But Heaven forbid anyone should question the right of Fascists to attack children's events!

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

This is a really telling comment.

People on this thread can say it's wrong when Fascists attack a Synagogue or Mosque without being accused of defending religions. But Heaven forbid anyone should question the right of Fascists to attack children's events!

Is it far right to think men, dressed as women, who have suddenly and unexpectedly decided they want to read to children might be a safeguarding issue?   

Remember the other week when one guy who does this was fundraising for his best mate the paedo’s funeral?   

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Weird, I’d always thought exactly the opposite. I mean who would spend a library budget, which I don’t think would be huge, on paying a bloke in a dress to read when people do it for free?  Even authors do it for free to promote their own work.  

Apart from authors promoting their own work, who would do it for free?

If you're a children's entertainer, you're going to incur expenses and you need a bit of money to live on.

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Is it far right to think men, dressed as women, who have suddenly and unexpectedly decided they want to read to children might be a safeguarding issue?   

It's certainly bigoted and it is an issue that literal Nazis have embraced.

Why do you think a children's entertainer in drag is more of a safeguarding issue than one dressed, for example, as a clown or a pirate?