You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

I watched Tywin's 1 hour supercut.

The thing that stood out to me most is that even though Tywin is quite cruel to Tyrion, he's also comparatively nicer to him than he is anybody else in the show, save for Arya. He makes him hand of the king, he intercedes on Tyrion's behalf twice to stop Jeffrey killing him, he raises an army against the crown when he gets kidnapped and he's always talking to him at length about strategy.

Compare that to how little he talks to Jamie or Cersei who he just sees as his breeding factories, or how antagonistic he is to the small council, or his military subordinates, or the queen of thornes, or Maester Tyrell, or King Joffrey, or... well everyb else really.

He's not father of the year, but he's much nicer and open towards the halfman than being assassinated on the toilet warrants.

Tyrion kills him over what he did to Tyrion's first wife. Which, without spoiling things, was exceptionally brutal and evil

Tyrion kills him over what he did to Tyrion's first wife. Which, without spoiling things, was exceptionally brutal and evil

That's not a spoiler, Tyrion told Shae and Bronn about that in season 1.

Tywin is not a saint, but I think people let the fact that Peter Dinklage is awfully charming distract from the fact that Tyrion is an entitled, pompous, murderer.

That's not a spoiler, Tyrion told Shae and Bronn about that in season 1.

Tywin is not a saint, but I think people let the fact that Peter Dinklage is awfully charming distract from the fact that Tyrion is an entitled, pompous, murderer.

Yep but Jamie told him that his wife wasn't really a whore just as he was releasing him from the prison

I watched Tywin's 1 hour supercut.

The thing that stood out to me most is that even though Tywin is quite cruel to Tyrion, he's also comparatively nicer to him than he is anybody else in the show, save for Arya. He makes him hand of the king, he intercedes on Tyrion's behalf twice to stop Jeffrey killing him, he raises an army against the crown when he gets kidnapped and he's always talking to him at length about strategy.

Compare that to how little he talks to Jamie or Cersei who he just sees as his breeding factories, or how antagonistic he is to the small council, or his military subordinates, or the queen of thornes, or Maester Tyrell, or King Joffrey, or... well everyb else really.

He's not father of the year, but he's much nicer and open towards the halfman than being assassinated on the toilet warrants.

Shit happens.

Still annoyed because A) Tywin was a fantastic villain and B ) in his stead we had to suffer for two years with Ramsey and the High Sparrow as the chief antagonists and they were not up to the job.

The upcoming wars between the Lannisters and everyone else would be a lot more believable if Tywin was leading them.

The upcoming wars between the Lannisters and everyone else would be a lot more believable if Tywin was leading them.

Cersei killed the High Sparrow and was responsible for Tommen's suicide.

She's my favourite character for those reasons and I will be supporting the lannisters in the upcoming war.

Cersei killed the High Sparrow and was responsible for Tommen's suicide.

She's my favourite character for those reasons and I will be supporting the lannisters in the upcoming war.

She is the ultimate danger fuck and I'd be willing to risk it.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pistonbroke

Indeed, tomorrow winter is coming. 

Also bagged some deal off the "German Sky ticket" so I can watch it on the Smart TV or PC without going through the usual advert laden streams. They were offering the rest of July for 1€ and August for 1€, every month thereafter 9.99€. Because GOT runs through to the 28th August I can  bin my account 7 days before the end of August, therefore getting the whole of the new series, series 1-6 if I want and all the other series they have for 2 fucking euros. Gonna have square eyes by the end of August.