You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

An Epic Swindle by Brian Reade

Dougie Do'ins

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have given you and Andy Heaton the best part of a year to admit it to be honest. Still rankles slightly that somebody was so snidy to do that in the first instance and not have the balls to admit it. It was in response on that thread on the MF of journalists getting prickly about criticism which comes their way which I responded to. Bringing up a thread from from a post I made from 2008 regarding a simple ticket request with my number on for people to contact me to prove some kind of misguided point is quite comical really but ultimately not surprising. In the grand scheme of things it really isn't that important now but in reference to what was being discussed on that thread it was worthy of comment.

Your yet again, insinuation, that I carry out some kind of pursuing vendetta over people like you over my love for the club is quite staggering and questioning my credibility is so lacking in self-awareness it's untrue. Same with Andy Heaton and Mick last night. Mick did more than most to out the ex-owners yet what does he get apart from a volley of abuse from Andy Heaton who it is common knowledge tried to question Kop Faithfuls motives of which Mick was one of the members of course, that is fact whether you like it or not. Cryptic rants you say, you have made a lifetime habit of them pal. You and Andy have been responsible for the below.

Blog asking if Hicks is so bad after all, strangely around the time Brian Reade alludes to it and the Rafa situation and him asking people to ''call the dogs off Hicks and go for Gillett & Parry'' - Check.

Blog basically calling Broughton a Yank stooge after the aforementioned Huang deal fell through - Check.

Putting personal details of people out there of people without their permission, even on this very thread when Andy put some smart arse comment about a poster who had him and you sussed a long time ago - Check.

Not for the first time you were threatened with court proceedings by a national journalist, this time it was somebody who seen through Huang from the outset. Lord knows what you said about him to provoke such a reprisal from him -Check.

I know I would have done anything to see the club with the right owners and Kenny Huang given a wide berth which thankfully is what happened. Can you or Andy Heaton honestly hand on heart say the same? Judging by the questions people have asked and Andy for whatever reason has still not been good enough to answer despite offers not just today but over the past 12 months by various people and is yet again allowing you to put out fires on his behalf. The club is the be all and end all for a lot of Reds on here and if Andy Heaton was just misguided with the Huang stuff after telling us it was the best deal then fair enough. The problem is that a lot of people think he had something to gain from it regardless of what would have happened to the club if it had happened. Understandable why people would want answers from him after telling us to put up and shut up regarding Huang last summer. Now the shoe has been on the other foot for quite some time.

We are going round in circles here and this is the last I will say on this now. I have said what lots of other people have thought for some time. They can choose instead of repping me for such posts to carry out their requests to Andy or yourself themselves now. It is a silent majority. Got better things to do like watch Coronation Street.

Shut the fuck up you boring cunt

Whatever The reasons behind it alot of people pushed this Haung deal including a couple of journalists on the SOS approved list when it was obvious after even minor investigation the man was a fraud, I remember Sporting intelligence saying it at the time and getting a quote from CIC saying Haung was nothing to do with them, yet it was still been pushed by people and SI were been dismissed.

That idiot Ben Smith from the times was still pushing it in his defence of Torres leaving in January, this despite Haung been done for fraud in November.

The fact the people who pushed it so strongly ridiculed and insulted the most honourable man involved in our boardroom in 20 years all because he saw through the conman haung have yet to admit they were wrong correctly vexes some, me included.

We all make mistakes, David Moores made a mistake selling to H&G, Purslow made an almighty mistake appointing Hodgson, and those who pushed the Haung bid were wrong in there dismissive actions to anybody who challenged them, all 3 have something in common they won't admit they were wrong.

Just as a matter of intrest is there much about this Haung "Bid" in the book?

Guest ShoePiss
Whatever The reasons behind it alot of people pushed this Haung deal including a couple of journalists on the SOS approved list when it was obvious after even minor investigation the man was a fraud, I remember Sporting intelligence saying it at the time and getting a quote from CIC saying Haung was nothing to do with them, yet it was still been pushed by people and SI were been dismissed.

That idiot Ben Smith from the times was still pushing it in his defence of Torres leaving in January, this despite Haung been done for fraud in November.

The fact the people who pushed it so strongly ridiculed and insulted the most honourable man involved in our boardroom in 20 years all because he saw through the conman haung have yet to admit they were wrong correctly vexes some, me included.

We all make mistakes, David Moores made a mistake selling to H&G, Purslow made an almighty mistake appointing Hodgson, and those who pushed the Haung bid were wrong in there dismissive actions to anybody who challenged them, all 3 have something in common they won't admit they were wrong.

Just as a matter of intrest is there much about this Haung "Bid" in the book?

Who on earth are you talking about here? PBR left in 1998 so you can't be talking about him.

All this bollocks about the Huang deal,

I don't know if it was good or bad for the Club,in hindsight it was probably bad.

But to many people on here shouldn't be throwing stones,off the top of my head

Trucker Paddy

Juan Galsonso

Caradona

Ted

Code 72

ATK

by steadfastly hanging like shit to a blanket to Bacombe every word inadvertently backed Hicks and Gillett,

because lets get this right,

Bascombe knew Hicks and Gillett where a pair of cunts yet insisted on "cutting them some slack"

rather Bascombe was a cunt OR he had been hoodwinked something which Tony Evans (Times) got slaughtered for by those above.

Evans, for going with the Huang story was NO MORE GUILTY THAN BASCOMBE was in backing the H&G

They were rather Cunts or got hoodwinked,and there lies the crux of this WAR,

posters want to justify there views and dismiss others that don't fall in line with their theory.

Maybe if Mick, John, Andy and Jim took their argument to a pub, and everyone else stopped commenting on it, we could get this thread back on track.

And yes, I know I'm not exactly the best guy to be preaching about not arguing on the internet, but I decided to stop after my last round, so maybe we can all love each other now. Osama's dead, the world is now fixed.

Guest ShoePiss
Sorry if I was off with the time scale, what I meant was to join the board since Moores took over, Broughton been who I meant

Moores took over in 1991.

It not just time scales you're off with.

All this bollocks about the Huang deal,

I don't know if it was good or bad for the Club,in hindsight it was probably bad.

But to many people on here shouldn't be throwing stones,off the top of my head

Trucker Paddy

Juan Galsonso

Caradona

Ted

Code 72

ATK

by steadfastly hanging like shit to a blanket to Bacombe every word inadvertently backed Hicks and Gillett,

because lets get this right,

Bascombe knew Hicks and Gillett where a pair of cunts yet insisted on "cutting them some slack"

rather Bascombe was a cunt OR he had been hoodwinked something which Tony Evans (Times) got slaughtered for by those above.

Evans, for going with the Huang story was NO MORE GUILTY THAN BASCOMBE was in backing the H&G

They were rather Cunts or got hoodwinked,and there lies the crux of this WAR,

posters want to justify there views and dismiss others that don't fall in line with their theory.

Not allowed have an opinion John now am I and its my opinion not one I'm been fed by ANY journalist.

You bring up Bascombes story that had the headline you mention. Why you bring it up I don't know, well actually I do know why but I don't see why you bring it into it. If you've such an issue why not ask him, he might give you an answer, and you can share it with us, but the fact is those that tried to assist a conman get control of our club 9 months ago have yet to explain why they've done it, despite been asked on several occasions and I have asked Tony Evans. People get things wrong you told us in august the club was sold, that's a genuine mistake, you weren't a tool in pushing the bid, and the people who were have yet to explain why they dismissed all who challenged them and slagged off broughton, and yet since Haung has been done for fraud still won't justify there actions.

But since were talking about cutting people slack what's your views on the manager telling journalists to lay off the most poisoness man ever to be involved in our club Hicks., that's in the book were all supposed to be discussing.

Not allowed have an opinion John now am I and its my opinion not one I'm been fed by ANY journalist.

You bring up Bascombes story that had the headline you mention. Why you bring it up I don't know, well actually I do know why but I don't see why you bring it into it. If you've such an issue why not ask him, he might give you an answer, and you can share it with us, but the fact is those that tried to assist a conman get control of our club 9 months ago ...............................................................................

You where doing okay until you got to there,

We already had the two biggest conmen on the planet at our Club and your mate Bascombe was insisting on "cutting them some slack"

So like I said "people in glass houses.......................

Edited by Durango

Maybe if Mick, John, Andy and Jim took their argument to a pub, and everyone else stopped commenting on it, we could get this thread back on track.

And yes, I know I'm not exactly the best guy to be preaching about not arguing on the internet, but I decided to stop after my last round, so maybe we can all love each other now. Osama's dead, the world is now fixed.

By FF law I have to call you a cunt.

Quite funny this thread, I have no idea what everyone's going on about but can only applaud the length of the posts involved. I'm reading them all in the voice of Simon Schama.

The voice of a telly tubby would be more apt I think.

Childish twats need to grow up.