You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How long have you ben riding the

bri

On 25/03/2011 at 18:45, aws said:

I still remember Dave's first post. Went something like "Hi. I'm Dave and am looking for friends to chat about football. Is there anybody out there?"

In those days you'd make a post and check three days later to see if anyone else had posted.

Still stands as the most informative football post he's ever made.

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Fuck You Kevin!! 

I’ve said a few in my time, mind. Rare but it’s happened. 

I've seen you tut tut at a few people, but never a full throttle blood fued that goes across the FF and GF.

Hence, my disappointment.

This forum is all about the aggro, especially during international weekends, or winter breaks.

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

I've seen you tut tut at a few people, but never a full throttle blood fued that goes across the FF and GF.

Hence, my disappointment.

This forum is all about the aggro, especially during international weekends, or winter breaks.

Gonna make a change, 2022 will be the year of the feuds for me now. 

Who wants to insult my drum kits then? 

1 hour ago, Juniper said:

Gonna make a change, 2022 will be the year of the feuds for me now. 

Who wants to insult my drum kits then? 

Slingerland drums are for little girls.

Oh & can I borrow your cymbals for the soundcheck please?

14 minutes ago, Juniper said:

You piece of shit, feud mode activated

Sure, no worries mate. Let me know what time’s load in and I’ll drop them round to the venue.

I felt bad typing that, I love Slingerland kits.

I was looking at one over the weekend and someone had drilled the bass drum to fit a Rogers mount, I was genuinely really angry about it. It's still bugging me now.

Edit - Just remembered I saved a picture of it...

20220131_140104.jpg

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Mook said:

I felt bad typing that, I love Slingerland kits.

I was looking at one over the weekend and someone had drilled the bass drum to fit a Rogers mount, I was genuinely really angry about it. It's still bugging me now.

Edit - Just remembered I saved a picture of it...

20220131_140104.jpg

Haha yeah I saw that one too, from ‘Toms Drum

Shop’ which is where I got mine from a few months ago.

Seems be the range with Slingerlands though, mine was fitted with a Premier mount previously. I don’t think the Set O’Matic mounts were up to much back in the day so they were swapped out.

The Rogers were apparently the most preferred due to their reputation. I think Bonham also used a Rogers Swiv O’Matic mount and arm on his Ludwig, for example.

Tom is a great chap if you’re thinking about going for that kit, btw

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Haha yeah I saw that one too, from ‘Toms Drum

Shop’ which is where I got mine from a few months ago.

Seems be the range with Slingerlands though, mine was fitted with a Premier mount previously. I don’t think the Set O’Matic mounts were up to much back in the day so they were swapped out.

The Rogers were apparently the most preferred due to their reputation. I think Bonham also used a Rogers Swiv O’Matic mount and arm on his Ludwig, for example.

Tom is a great chap if you’re thinking about going for that kit, btw

Aye, he has some great old kits coming through his shop, I've been keeping an eye on them. Good to hear he's a good guy if I ever feel like dealing with him.

Bonham used the Swiv O'matic on his maple kit in '69/70 but I think Ludwig had it sorted within a year or two. You're right that a lot of drummers did this back then (and the Slingerland mounts were crap) but the idea of drilling any drum brings me out in a cold sweat. I would always just stick the mounted tom on a snare stand.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mook said:

Aye, he has some great old kits coming through his shop, I've been keeping an eye on them. Good to hear he's a good guy if I ever feel like dealing with him.

Bonham used the Swiv O'matic on his maple kit in '69/70 but I think Ludwig had it sorted within a year or two. You're right that a lot of drummers did this back then (and the Slingerland mounts were crap) but the idea of drilling any drum brings me out in a cold sweat. I would always just stick the mounted tom on a snare stand.

Oh yeah tell me about it, I’m the same and a purist.

No modding / drilling this end too, stuff that. Snare stands all the way

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Juniper's feud lasted less than one page. Leg. Still got that stalker?

I've been here nearly 18 years, literally half of my life.

Hope you're good Karl. 18 years? Jesus! 

Dont worry, I'm brewing up a outrageous two page feud next. Gotta build up slow so I don't pull a muscle. Nearly 40 after all and we have a two year old toddler. Got to conserve the energy. I'm very tired.

The stalker dumped me in the end. The absolute tease.

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...