You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Empty Seats last night

Kopite Pete

I know what your saying but i think its diwn to the fact it was a Wednesday night and also people still recovering from Christmas with only just being paid.

Yep, I could understand it under Woy but under Kenny I am a bit surprised. Maybe the club needs to look at how they issue tickets. Im sure the demand is still there.

Guest davelfc

Most people have probably just paid their credit card bill for Christmas, fuel is bloody expensive and it costs £10 to park at most car parks around anfield.

If you look around a lof of other clubs in the premiership I think you will find that for the same kind of opposition we actually still attract a lot more fans. I think we had the 4th highest attendance in the premiership either last season or the one before.

Football clubs especially in the premiership tend to operate on the assumption that fans shit money on a regular basis and so can easily pay extortionate amounts of cash for everything they churn out. If only we earned even a sliver of the cash that they throw at their players each week then maybe we could.

I suppose as the government eagerly redistributes money from the poor to the rich over the next decade our belts might become so tightened that only injured or non selected players will be able to enjoy the luxury of 22 millionaires ruining a lawn.

tbh its about time the fucking bubble burst in terms of match going support. The tickets prices nowadays (and have been for a while) is fucking riduculous.

We're the mugs who have to fork out £40 every week (more when we play clubs from fucking London) to pay for the riduclous wages that the current footballers are on.

I think a lot of people are under the impression that tickets are still hard to come by and don't realise that we are not selling out any more. Also a lot of people can't be arsed after being fucked off by successive owners/directors in favour of glory hunters who come and spend money in the club shops, they would now rather go to the boozer and spend less, have some ale and watch the match in a better atmosphere than going to Anfield.

Also we are in the middle of a bad recession and it's only going to get worse once the public sector cuts come into play this year ,so seeing Anfield full might be a rare sight.

Even Man U are having to advertise tickets on National Radio these days as they are struggling to sell their groung out.

Guest barralad
Most people have probably just paid their credit card bill for Christmas, fuel is bloody expensive and it costs £10 to park at most car parks around Anfield.

If you look around a lot of other clubs in the premiership I think you will find that for the same kind of opposition we actually still attract a lot more fans. I think we had the 4Th highest attendance in the premiership either last season or the one before.

Football clubs especially in the premiership tend to operate on the assumption that fans shit money on a regular basis and so can easily pay extortionate amounts of cash for everything they churn out. If only we earned even a sliver of the cash that they throw at their players each week then maybe we could.

I suppose as the government eagerly redistributes money from the poor to the rich over the next decade our belts might become so tightened that only injured or non selected players will be able to enjoy the luxury of 22 millionaires ruining a lawn.

If you get there early Dave, there are plenty of free parking spots around,within a 10/15 minute walk of the ground.If the attendance is even partly down to the Thomas Cook effect then that needs to be sorted.It doesn't look good though if this continues,midweek or not,if the owners or supporters want a new bigger stadium.

Guest davelfc
If you get there early Dave, there are plenty of free parking spots around,within a 10/15 minute walk of the ground.If the attendance is even partly down to the Thomas Cook effect then that needs to be sorted.It doesn't look good though if this continues,midweek or not,if the owners or supporters want a new bigger stadium.

We have a pretty decent reserved spot in a good place to make a quick dash. When it went up sharply in price we looked around but it's a maze of residents parking and it's not clearly marked enough, although I know what to look for.

Plus when they can be bothered to get out of their warm van the police block off roads and you can get locked in for a while.

Makes me wonder why the club bother to pay the police all that overtime when they don't manage the traffic after the game very well, if at all.