You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy Carroll, what does he do?

Code

Guest San Don
Did we not get 3m payment as part of Carroll loan deal?

No I dont think so. I think it was a max £2m. It was recently in the news that because the initial loan fee was 'very low,' whu would have to pay us £1m if they stayed up.

That said, LFC or rather ayre was bragging about the deal he'd got whu to sign up to should they avoid relegation, this being the much vaunted £17m.

Well, judging by the noises whu have been making, that deal may not be as watertight as we were led to believe seeing as they are now saying the PL version of FFP could scupper the deal and in any event, are considering offering £10m if they do decide to sign him.

Happy days.

That said, LFC or rather ayre was bragging about the deal he'd got whu to sign up to should they avoid relegation, this being the much vaunted £17m.

Well, judging by the noises whu have been making, that deal may not be as watertight as we were led to believe seeing as they are now saying the PL version of FFP could scupper the deal and in any event, are considering offering £10m if they do decide to sign him.

Happy days.

Ian Ayre. Chatting shit. Well, I never.

Part of me thinks it would be good to haul his ass back as a Plan B option.

But then I remembered that Plan B does not feature in the manifesto.

And then I remembered that Carroll is actually fucking shit.

Maybe Newcastle will cough up £10M (assuming they don't get relegated)?

No I dont think so. I think it was a max £2m. It was recently in the news that because the initial loan fee was 'very low,' whu would have to pay us £1m if they stayed up.

Happy days.

I don't think Ayre ever said that, it was rumoured that was the deal but I was never official.

Danny Welbeck a goal every 1,204 minutes huh? Thats 1 goal in 22 games in the league - or even more impressively 2 in 35 in all competitions.

Great player him. Prolific as fuck

Hey don't be slagging Danno off he's an England international don't yer know.

I can tell you one thing though, if the mancs were to sell him he would go for around £12-15M.

While we would be satisfied with less for the superior Carroll.

apparently Sunderland were prepared to spend 12million on him after his loan spell where he scored about 6 goals

we got a combined 1million for Maxi, Dirk and Bellamy!

I know we don't need statistics to recognise that Carroll isn't good enough, but as the Torygraph points out, "Although Carroll has scored 6 goals in his last 10 appearances, that is still only 6 in 22 for the whole season. Since leaving Newcastle 27 months ago, he has only managed 12 league goals."

6 in 22 for the whole season

12 league goals in 27 months