You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy Carroll, what does he do?

Code

Guest ShoePiss
Thats ridiculous if you really think that , Adam has been one of our better players this season , ok hes not had a good last few games , he needs a rest for a bit and will be getting one soon now Gerrards back.

Even if he had been terrible he still wouldn't come close to being as bad a bit of buisness than Carroll.

Haha!

Charlie at least when hes good is very good.

When he has an off day though he really stinks the place out.

But for the price paid hes a good bit of business.

Yup.

The moment he had in the second half today where the ball was deflected away before it got to him and he, thinking it was going out I assume, started to daydream his way over the six yard line whilst Suarez (I think?) had kept it in and tried to play it in to him. Bunn got to it but had he not Andy would have missed an open goal because his mind was anywhere but the game. Summed up his time with us so far all too well.

I believe he can come good as the potential is obviously there but unless he massively changes his attitude there is simply no hope. How many times does he bust a gut to get on the end of a cross? How often does he beat a centre-half to a cross? He was almost totally dominated by Samba today but this isn't the first time. The only time he truly dominated was the City game last year. What annoys me more than anything is the way he just doesn't impose himself; the man's a towering bearded geordie and he lets no-mark centre-halves dominate and outmuscle him.

It's extremely frustrating to see a player with so much obvious potential playing the way Andy is at the moment.

Guest ShoePiss
The moment he had in the second half today where the ball was deflected away before it got to him and he, thinking it was going out I assume, started to daydream his way over the six yard line whilst Suarez (I think?) had kept it in and tried to play it in to him. Bunn got to it but had he not Andy would have missed an open goal because his mind was anywhere but the game. Summed up his time with us so far all too well.

I believe he can come good as the potential is obviously there but unless he massively changes his attitude there is simply no hope. How many times does he bust a gut to get on the end of a cross? How often does he beat a centre-half to a cross? He was almost totally dominated by Samba today but this isn't the first time. The only time he truly dominated was the City game last year. What annoys me more than anything is the way he just doesn't impose himself; the man's a towering bearded geordie and he lets no-mark centre-halves dominate and outmuscle him.

It's extremely frustrating to see a player with so much obvious potential playing the way Andy is at the moment.

It's not obvious, it's not even remotely obvious. This isn't just an attitude problem, if it was it could be corrected. He isn't very good, certainly not good enough for us.

This is like a Jekyll and Hyde post man. What is the potential you see after a rational critique of not only this game but every other bar one?

It was Downing who headed it back btw who had one of his better games all around for us today.

Well, what to say regarding Carroll? Plenty already Has been but (warning what follows is Long) My own view? I think we should give the lad time - I know the fee was a bit bad & we clearly were skewered between Newcastle's greedy shite of an owner & our Own real Need for a striker I've heard All sorts of shite today on this & other forums to often concerning Carroll & concerning our other buys & even Kenny's abilities as a manager (yea right, It showed Blackburns last 5 managers or so the other day & Kenny's total Win percentage? Was a Mile ahead of the others - Similarly with us IIRR? He's ahead of Everyone bar Sir Bob & even then not far from Paisley in terms of games won with us).

Anyway - With me? FWIW I think we Had to buy what we did & from where we did - Another common complaint today is that with us buying players from where we have today we were bound to get worse as we didn't buy the better players from those clubs Or players from the (very few) clubs who can claim to be better prospects Long term than us right now. The point is nearly Everyone seems to forget just How desperate we were coming into 2011 this time Last season - We had played Hardly Any games in December & what few we had played had ended mainly badly with more than one utter debacle - We were in & around the relegation places where Roy had led us with sheer gay abandon & Utter disregard for our traditions & history (the Real reason he Had to go).

Yes, The sturdy foundation left by Rafa' had been battered a little by the events of 09/10 but had Still been strong enough to gain us European Football (Which we've Really missed this year if Carroll's anything to go by - I think he might have learnt a Lot from it with maybe a few cheap goals to boost his confidence also if Joe Cole's short time here last year was anything to go by) Then? Along came Woy by August 2010 who in Six short months? Had begun the happy (to him & the media no doubt) work of Utterly destorying the hated Foreigners Benitez' strong foundation Right down to the Youth teams with the loss of Torres & Aquilani last year almost directly attributable to Woy's execrable man-management skills when it comes to seasoned internationals & more importantly Winners.

But at the start this time? We Needed A foundation to build from this season - Never mind one to enable us to win the league/get Top 4/Win the FA Cup etc. We needed A foundation or would you all rather we're back where we were this time last season? Basically in the total shite of the relegation swamp & the complete mess Bolton are in now because make no mistake? That is where we were heading if not at. Anyway - the players we bought were just right - I think privately Kenny has probably told the owners that we are probably best Trying for Top 4 right now but might not make it & have to settle for the Top 6 -which we'll do easily - & the regaining of European Football due to current cirumstances (i.e. the strength of the current Top 4/5, our lack of European Football, our team's chronic latck of confidence & Utd's annoying ability to be The permanent fixture in a fluctuating Top 4 as we once were - The North West's Football War Machine if you will again as we once were).

Something important also? I think Liverpool the Club & the Team? Both had Deep psychological scars both on & off the field from last season - I think the Suarez debacle - No doubt engineered from our friends at OT is giving us the opportunity to Cement that unity & fight as one club but more importantly? The fact we've lost only Three games by Christmas & dominated virtually All of them is also important possibly to Kenny given the mess we were in this time Last season with what? 7 League defeats by the time 2010 was out. The players were unsure, confidence gone - The whole club took a knock on the pitch as much as off. The sturdy 'foundation' that had always enabled us to at least attempt to challenge around the very top of the table since our last title win had gone & it appears we soon would be as well - Down a division if we weren't careful.

I think that is all showing now in it's after effects a bit. Basically IMO? The team aren't scoring right now as they're not Sure of themselves going forwards in case we lose one at the back again (as indeed we did today). Yes they're dominating games every bit as much as Rafa's Liverpool & Houlliers before them (on good days) did but without the cutting edge that took Rafa' 2/3 seasons (i.e. most of 06/07 & 07/08) to inculculate. I think this is because in the team's mind after last season? They're still as I said half afraid of us drawing or worse losing given just How bad we were last season & the feeling of 'permanence' about our defence & ability to Not lose? That was So strong about Benitez' Liverpool (even at times in 09/10 we won 6 league games in a row once I think).

Well I think That? Will take a Long time to return but return? It is doing if a little slowly - Over every passing week, with every game we Don't lose - Win or draw & that is gradually adding to the teams confidence in themselves not to lose which in turn will eventually IMO? Lead to them being confident enough to attack outright (in full cry with all the team forwards forcing save after save after save, hitting bar, post, keeper & all points between as much as the net) as they've done at times this season for just that little bit longer in matches & that little bit longer? Might just be enough to force the wins we've deserved but not yet got in So many games this season in matches of the future.

I seem to remember something similar about Rafa's reds in 07/08 was it? We drew a horrible amount of games then to but crucially didn't lose them & the following campaign? With late winners galore & thrashings handed out on all sides? It payed off spectacularly. I'm not sure if we'll do that in 2 years as Rafa' did now as we're starting a bit further back but I've a feeling the worm Will turn sooner or later & something similar to that Will happen eventually - In the meantime? We'll just have to support & suffer as fans always do - Happy in the facts that A ) We Have a team at all still after the H & G debacle's ending not that long ago and B ) That that team now has the foundation Rafa's should of (which would have netted us a couple of titles under him I'm sure & is Why so many hope we don't get it together soon & are actively working to prevent that if you ask me) to build from & eventually establish something long-lasting, enduring & successful once more that will stand Long after Kenny's gone.

In view of all that? I still think The most important thing? Is that we've the joint Best defence in the league even now. That was our Big weakness in recent years & ultimately? Once the front of the team is sorted out to match the level of the midfield & defence itself now they're sorted? Defences like that? Win you trophies & indeed League Titles. Even the Manc's right now would Kill to have Our defence & that says something so at least we've got The hard part right.

Which all brings me nicely to Young Master Carroll. He's not that bad IMO - He's not a 35 million pound man (20 million at absolute best & with him having his Newcastle form where he was an absolute Beast) but a couple of things said on MOTD earlier by Alan Shearer of all people struck me as applicable to Andy possibly. One was about him, the other? You'll not be surprised to learn concerned Torres. About Andy he said we were possibly "playing to Much football" which you'd often find laughable coming from a former footballer of all people who was a striker no less who often depend On such football to provide their chances. That is you think laughable until you remember the Type of striker Shearer was & Andy is which are similar. They are 'Power-play' strikers for want of a better word - They thrive on quick crosses, accurate free kicks, knock down, physical battles, bullying defenders non-stop & prob' don't feel complete unless they've had a battle & scored a goal or 3 in a game.

Drogba is another like that or was at his height, he's a little on the wane now but hasn't changed just diminished a little in recent years. I think Shearer May have a point as with many of the chances Andy's missed/had saved recently? Have often come from footballing moves that have sliced the opposition wide open & which he hasn't always been ready for/had that crucial one percent he needs to convert them. Other chances he's had & the goals he has got only illustrate that point. They've often come from crosses (fast ones), knockdowns & powerful shots, bullying of defenders. Which brings me to the last remark of Shearers re' Torres - He said Torres as his confidence has gone down catastrophically recently? he's taken to becoming far more involved in the 'build-up' play by dropping deep to tackle defenders in the middle/on the wings, pass more & generally do anything But get in the penalty area or take a chance running behind the defenders - Should he take his courage in his own hands & do that?

Well Shearer argued then the goals Will return as will his confidence which will no doubt amplify his goal output as it goes along since these things have a habit of feeding one another or to put it simply? confidene=goals=More confidence=Shedloads of goals. He also believed that should Torres get a sustained run in the team no matter what? The goals will return for him sooon enough. I think Andy should hear & take on board what he said re' himself as well. I think yes we could play more to his strengths & that we will do for the 4/5 game ban Luis will no doubt serve after we've publically humiliated the FA enough to bargain it down to that. I think Andy needs More than that though.

He needs a 10 game run at Least without concern as to what time he'll be taken off or who for. I think to he is also getting a little (and I say only a little as he appears unlike Torres to have Tried to improve his weaknesses in regard of passing & footballing movement) to involved away from the box & needs to remedy that - But ultimately? I think Andy has it all to be the player we hope he is - He's been a little confused of late & either to footballing & missing chances from that or To bullying & not creating enough without the happy medium that came with him being established & Used to Newcastle.

Basically, Bedding in periods? Always take longer with Younger, less mature players (& teams actually) like Andy & Jordan Henderson to a lesser extent but eventually? It will happen - His work on changing to a more 'footballing' mobile player & combing that with his natural aggression & raw power? Will pay off, he'll start to put away chances like today's & the one that hit the bar v Swansea, one of those headers he Keeps getting will bounce in off the bar, post, keeper's gloves etc & I'd put money in fact on it happening soon given just Who are our next opponents & after them? We've his (thus far) favourite targets for us in Manchester City followed by lowly Oldham. He's not been that far off in recent games - Yes, he needs to go back a little to his roots of absolutely terrorising & bullying defenders to go with his improved (of late) footballing ability. Maybe that one percent of aggression that's missing will give him the goals he's been denied thus far who knows? But don't forget? Andy has been very unlucky of late v Norwich, City, Swansea & today to name but 4. He's not That far off & in that? Is rather symptomatic of the team as a whole if you ask me.

I think Andy Will score against at least One of the next three teams I mentioned & this time? It's been building up for So long? He'll then go on a scoring run soon after that but as ever with our club right now? It takes time or so it appears it will once more. Further? If you look at what United went through whilst sorting out their team in a similar period all those years ago & the man who eventually Did do it for Fergie - Brian Mclair who was their first 30 odd goal a season striker in God knows how long? I think Andy will end up being Our version of him & being just as successful with us ultimately. Last of all? I think as Andy adapts to our team? They need to adapt to him as well. Should all that happen? And I think it will - FSG didn't make an investment like that only to fcuk him off after a year? Then I think Andy & us will be fine.

I still think Kenny knows what he was doing & that Andy will come good. In fact I've read in countless debates here & elsewhere down the years? On just How much people regret we didn't go for a young Alan Shearer back when We were the standard bearers of football in this country (as we will be again under Kenny one day). With all that in mind - I think this time? We might have the Next Shearer.

We shouldn't give That up without at least trying - And by trying? I mean trying as the Old Boot Room (which Kenny is no doubt trying to recreate) would of - Putting seasons of work into making us The best rather than 6 months or the odd year. He whose name I'd rather not mention not To far down the East Lancs from Anfield? Has actually relied on other clubs Near his mob not supporting their managers (and done the odd bit to stir the pot himself when they've got To close or he could get away with it) for long enough to build the sort of foundations he did & yes They did have All these problems once - But they got through them eventually & ultimately replaced us on top.

Now? It is Our challenge to do the same To them at long, long last (it's what Fergie fears IMO - Why do you think he's stayed so long?) & to do that? I think we will have to support Kenny for if One man knows what he's doing in all this? It's him. He Will get us there ahead of All the others eventually (never mind just Man City or Man United or Only Arsenal or Spurs or Chelsea If we're lucky - Given time? Kenny Will top the Lot with us) but it will take an investment of time as well as money which is where we're lucky to have FSG in charge for I think they Will give him such a commitment - It's what Rafa' Should have had but never did.

Now we need to correct the mistakes of the past in order to Re-create our Own past & mark my words - Eventually? The work of FSG & Kenny Will pay off - The likes of Carroll & Downing etc Will adapt & as to recreating our past? We will do just that & then some but it won't come just yet & right now? All we can do is support the team & look forwards to the next game - Remember for all the draws we've had? Teams have been stretched to The Very limit -including the best in the league- to contain us, keepers have had to perform heriocs game in, game out - They Can't all do it year in, year out forever to deny us..........And they Won't either.

And now there's no long-term questions over management or ownership? The building & building & building will continue until eventually? There will be No containing us - herioc goalkeepers & last-ditch defending or not. Everyone's straining to the very limits right now to stop us but eventually? As I said, They won't manage this as no team or group of teams can continue to do such against 'almost there' sides like us (With Nothing wrong bar the finishing) forever - This lot are no exception - It might be frustrating now? But it will Not last forever & When this run of us being stopped (which has made us remarkably like City of a couple of years ago IIRR) is ended? Like Man City now? No-one will hold us, mark my words...............

Carroll is shite. He has no football intelligence whatsoever. He is slow and he can't even judge the flight of the ball and win a header. What the fuck can he do, honestly? I hear he has a great left foot but sure I see Christmas more in a year than I see that. Surely most of those that have been asking to give him time are now realising he has had more than enough time and has failed. Why did he remain on the pitch, he was stinking the place out. He even put in alot of effort in that game and that is all you get from him. He could still be on the pitch now on his own and fail to be impressive.

Where did he get the black eye?

Finally Adam. Adam for me is just another shit player but because he cost fuck cannot come close to a worse buy. What does he do really?? His famed left foot is a joke. He can't take a decent corner or free kick. He is so slow and he can't tackle. Oh I forgot he can ping a few passes the odd time. When he makes runs he just waits for a collision so he can go down and win a free. He had yet another shocking game and I disagree with anyone that says he has been one of our best players. He tries his heart out at least but he is not good enough for Liverpool. He reminds me of a Sunday league pub player. He would be the star man week in week out for a team like that.

When Gerrard was coming on I was thinking to myself it better be for Adam but then I thought sure Kenny can take both Adam and Carroll off for him and he would have been improving the team. Both are just liabilities and at best passengers in a team that are dominating games and trying to win.

I never want to see Carroll in a Liverpool shirt again. I hope Kenny just fucks him off now or at least loans him out. I've had enough, why does a shit player with a poor attitude deserve more chances with our club. He had some good chances today and failed to take them (that final chance should have been buried), his movement is shit and his awareness is non existent. 10-15m in Jan and just get rid.

Adam should only be on when Henderson, Gerrard, Spearing and Lucas are not available. If we don't sign some players, mainly a goalscorer we are not getting 4th. I hope Kenny has already identified Carroll's replacement.

We play some great football and the rest of the team gel so well at times. I love what Kenny has done with the style of play we now have but he needs to address the problems to get us to the next stage.

Well, what to say regarding Carroll?

I think we should give the lad time -

I think we Had to buy what we did & from where we did

Roy had led us with sheer gay abandon after

the hated Foreigners and Benitez' strong foundation

Trying for Top 4 right now but might not make it & have to settle for the Top 6

Something important also? I think Liverpool the Club & the Team? Both had Deep psychological scars both on & off the field from last season

I think that is all showing now in it's after effects a bit.

Might just be enough to force the wins we've deserved but not yet got in So many games this season

we've the joint Best defence in the league even now.

Which all brings me nicely to Young Master Carroll. He's not that bad IMO -

confidene=goals=More confidence=Shedloads of goals.

He needs a 10 game run at Least without concern as to what time he'll be taken off or who for.

I think Andy Will score against at least One of the next three teams

I still think Kenny knows what he was doing & that Andy will come good.

Eventually? The work of FSG & Kenny Will pay off - The likes of Carroll & Downing .

(which has made us remarkably like City of a couple of years ago IIRR) is ended? Like Man City now? No-one will hold us, mark my words...............

Here is the Cliff notes for anyone who is interested.

Red are you using voice reg software amigo?

Well what to say to such Utter Shite as you've just posted Colonol? Other than it proves your yet Another short-termist as so many spawned by the 'Premier' era are & as Kenny (along with The manager whose benefitted most from said era whose name I need not mention) is most emphatically Not. Thankfully? Kenny Will ignore such shite as those producers of verbal rubbish such as You produce (& as you have done so above) and persevere until He is happy, not you, not I but Him & since He has More footballing knowledge in one Fingernail than You have in your entire body? I think I know Who I trust.

But to dissect your complete trash like the litter it is? Carroll isn't shite - He's adapting to Our style which always takes time - If he's No footballing intelligence or anticipation? How did he get on the end of that move today & Force that fantastic save out of their keeper? If he has No intelligence? How did he complete a similar move v Swansea & hit the bar? By ignoring that to post such unadulturated rubbish as you have above? You sabotage your Own sad 'excuse' for an argument.

As to his left foot? It would help if our team did a little work on his strengths as much as they have their own - I notice they rarely try to work it To his left foot & maybe we'd see more if they Did that as a unit no? Or again are you intent on looking like the idiot you sound by ignoring such crucial details? As to can't win a header? Erm Where shall I start? With his headed goal v Man City last year? The two he had saved v the same opponents this time? The one he had at Arsenal? The one that went wide today? More than enough evidence Andy can win a header or four in a game. Again your so-called argument (shockingly bad thus far) dissolves under forensic examination like the trash it undoubtedly Is.

He's had more than enough time & failed has he prat? I seem to remember another striker quite a while back with us needing a couple of Seasons never mind games to bed in - But we persevered & when we did? My God did we prosper - The striker's name since your to dense or ignorant or both to work it out? Ian Rush - Say no more. He wasn't selfish enough either (And that's Andy's problem now - He's playing To much for the team or so Sir Bob would no doubt say were he here to see him). But Rush eventually sorted it out & became selfish & other teams that played us at our best for nearly 2 whole decades? Are probably still wishing he hadn't - Andy is a better footballer since joining us & a total Beast re' power when the mood takes him - Should he ever become selfish enough to combine the two & produce what he has in there on a regular basis? God help the Premier League is all I'll say - Those headers of his & his finishing of some of our fantastic moves? Won't be kept out/saved hit the bar etc forever - Sooner or later? One of them Will go in & When it does? There will be No holding us or Carroll Mark My Words.........

Don't even know Where to Start with your complete travesty of an argument re' Adam - What does he do? Dominate midfield away to Chelsea for a start, do a similar job re Arsenal & Both Manchester clubs in tandem with Lucas is another. He's had a hand in at least 4 of our goals directly himself if not scoring them then forcing them via deflections. He's earned countless free kicks & set up a couple of goals from corners & free-kicks. He might not be Alonso? But he's the closest we now Have to it & after the debacle following Alonso's exit? We should be thankful to have found someone even a little like him but who can also score. I know I am. As to reminding you of Sunday League Pub Players? Makes sense as it seems from your pathetically risible excuses for arguments on here? That's about your level if you're even good enough for that which I doubt.....

When Gerrard came on today? I hoped it was to work With Adam as Gerrards been at his best in recent years when working with the likes of Alonso/Aquilani once or twice or similar players of which Adam is one quite clearly. To finish dissecting your shockingly pathetic little 'argument' which is even a bad attempt at a 'rant' never mind anything else (either that or you're a WUM or a journalist)? I'll say I remember a time when the likes of Rush in our team, Vidic & the hated Evra in the Mancs were All seen as passengers - Things didn't quite remain that way mind did they? They won't here either. Passengers in teams dominating games & trying to win? How do you think we end up dominating games in the First place you thick tw*t? Are you Really So utterly stupid as to not see Who is orchestrating most of our passing & Who is holding the ball up to enable us to attack so high up the pitch so often? Surely even as bad an arguer as you is not That thick an idiot though given that complete tripe above? I do wonder.........

I never want to see You post on here again. I hope the board's Mods ban you for a while or better still Remove you from here for good. I've had enough, why does a thick idiot with a non-existent grasp of just How this club was built up for Years never mind months before it's great seasons & an utter inability to construct an argument instead trying to post a series of cliches & laughably calling it an argument survive on here unchallenged? Either you're a WUM or an undercover 'journalist' trying to wind us up to give them something else to attack us with no doubt. Andy can't be blamed for World Class saves (which is all that denied him today) & wouldn't have had them you (thick idiot that you are) fail to notice withOut the good movement you say he's not got. One, maybe two reads of the worst excesses of that utter trash you call a 'post' above? That should be enough, then the Mods should neg You to their hearts content & just get rid............

You should only be on you stupid d*ckhead when we Need a court jester or class clown to laugh at which is All that pathetic waste of time above is good for. Kenny knows a Little more than you about our midfield & I notice idiot that you are you've failed to notice that Adam Was the partner for the likes of Henderson (whose been shocking himself at times this year), Gerrard (whose been non-existent) & Lucas (who shouldn't be On your list as he's out for a year) in All the games you laughably claim we dominated without Adam contributing when He is one of The main reasons we Did fcuking well dominate.

Not getting 4th? Only aiming for 4th at this club now are we? No wonder we get nowhere - We're only 4 points off that pathetic minimum target nowdays anyway should we win on Friday? We'll be closer again & pressurise those above us. If this board don't ban You soon by contrast? We'll have no posters as such trash as you wrote above? Will drive them all away to a board less like a mental asylum with inmates like You in it - I hope the mods have already found a replacement for You. Again? You show your utter hypocrisy by torpedoing your Own argument Right at the end & sinking it below the waterline without a trace where it deserves to be.

See? You finished by by saying the team gel & we play great football at times without recognising just Who is responsible for much of it On the pitch or have you forgotten just How bad we were without an Alonso/Aquilani/Adam style player? I haven't & it was worse, A Lot worse than anything this season barring the Tottenham Debacle. Kenny might indeed have problems to address to get us to the next stage but they are more likely to be solved within the club now than out - Yes the odd buy might be necessary but major changes? Aren't needed & probably got us In this mess come to think of it waaaaaaaay back in 1991 when it was Us On the throne we now aspire to once more. Kenny knows is all I'll say re' sorting us out - It's all I need to say in the end as he does & eventually? He will..........

NB Howie Lama? No mate - Not using Voice software of Any kind.........

Well what to say to such Utter Shite as you've just posted Colonol? Other than it proves your yet Another short-termist as so many spawned by the 'Premier' era are & as Kenny (along with The manager whose benefitted most from said era whose name I need not mention) is most emphatically Not. Thankfully? Kenny Will ignore such shite as those producers of verbal rubbish such as You produce (& as you have done so above) and persevere until He is happy, not you, not I but Him & since He has More footballing knowledge in one Fingernail than You have in your entire body? I think I know Who I trust.

But to dissect your complete trash like the litter it is? Carroll isn't shite - He's adapting to Our style which always takes time - If he's No footballing intelligence or anticipation? How did he get on the end of that move today & Force that fantastic save out of their keeper? If he has No intelligence? How did he complete a similar move v Swansea & hit the bar? By ignoring that to post such unadulturated rubbish as you have above? You sabotage your Own sad 'excuse' for an argument.

As to his left foot? It would help if our team did a little work on his strengths as much as they have their own - I notice they rarely try to work it To his left foot & maybe we'd see more if they Did that as a unit no? Or again are you intent on looking like the idiot you sound by ignoring such crucial details? As to can't win a header? Erm Where shall I start? With his headed goal v Man City last year? The two he had saved v the same opponents this time? The one he had at Arsenal? The one that went wide today? More than enough evidence Andy can win a header or four in a game. Again your so-called argument (shockingly bad thus far) dissolves under forensic examination like the trash it undoubtedly Is.

He's had more than enough time & failed has he prat? I seem to remember another striker quite a while back with us needing a couple of Seasons never mind games to bed in - But we persevered & when we did? My God did we prosper - The striker's name since your to dense or ignorant or both to work it out? Ian Rush - Say no more. He wasn't selfish enough either (And that's Andy's problem now - He's playing To much for the team or so Sir Bob would no doubt say were he here to see him). But Rush eventually sorted it out & became selfish & other teams that played us at our best for nearly 2 whole decades? Are probably still wishing he hadn't - Andy is a better footballer since joining us & a total Beast re' power when the mood takes him - Should he ever become selfish enough to combine the two & produce what he has in there on a regular basis? God help the Premier League is all I'll say - Those headers of his & his finishing of some of our fantastic moves? Won't be kept out/saved hit the bar etc forever - Sooner or later? One of them Will go in & When it does? There will be No holding us or Carroll Mark My Words.........

Don't even know Where to Start with your complete travesty of an argument re' Adam - What does he do? Dominate midfield away to Chelsea for a start, do a similar job re Arsenal & Both Manchester clubs in tandem with Lucas is another. He's had a hand in at least 4 of our goals directly himself if not scoring them then forcing them via deflections. He's earned countless free kicks & set up a couple of goals from corners & free-kicks. He might not be Alonso? But he's the closest we now Have to it & after the debacle following Alonso's exit? We should be thankful to have found someone even a little like him but who can also score. I know I am. As to reminding you of Sunday League Pub Players? Makes sense as it seems from your pathetically risible excuses for arguments on here? That's about your level if you're even good enough for that which I doubt.....

When Gerrard came on today? I hoped it was to work With Adam as Gerrards been at his best in recent years when working with the likes of Alonso/Aquilani once or twice or similar players of which Adam is one quite clearly. To finish dissecting your shockingly pathetic little 'argument' which is even a bad attempt at a 'rant' never mind anything else (either that or you're a WUM or a journalist)? I'll say I remember a time when the likes of Rush in our team, Vidic & the hated Evra in the Mancs were All seen as passengers - Things didn't quite remain that way mind did they? They won't here either. Passengers in teams dominating games & trying to win? How do you think we end up dominating games in the First place you thick tw*t? Are you Really So utterly stupid as to not see Who is orchestrating most of our passing & Who is holding the ball up to enable us to attack so high up the pitch so often? Surely even as bad an arguer as you is not That thick an idiot though given that complete tripe above? I do wonder.........

I never want to see You post on here again. I hope the board's Mods ban you for a while or better still Remove you from here for good. I've had enough, why does a thick idiot with a non-existent grasp of just How this club was built up for Years never mind months before it's great seasons & an utter inability to construct an argument instead trying to post a series of cliches & laughably calling it an argument survive on here unchallenged? Either you're a WUM or an undercover 'journalist' trying to wind us up to give them something else to attack us with no doubt. Andy can't be blamed for World Class saves (which is all that denied him today) & wouldn't have had them you (thick idiot that you are) fail to notice withOut the good movement you say he's not got. One, maybe two reads of the worst excesses of that utter trash you call a 'post' above? That should be enough, then the Mods should neg You to their hearts content & just get rid............

You should only be on you stupid d*ckhead when we Need a court jester or class clown to laugh at which is All that pathetic waste of time above is good for. Kenny knows a Little more than you about our midfield & I notice idiot that you are you've failed to notice that Adam Was the partner for the likes of Henderson (whose been shocking himself at times this year), Gerrard (whose been non-existent) & Lucas (who shouldn't be On your list as he's out for a year) in All the games you laughably claim we dominated without Adam contributing when He is one of The main reasons we Did fcuking well dominate.

Not getting 4th? Only aiming for 4th at this club now are we? No wonder we get nowhere - We're only 4 points off that pathetic minimum target nowdays anyway should we win on Friday? We'll be closer again & pressurise those above us. If this board don't ban You soon by contrast? We'll have no posters as such trash as you wrote above? Will drive them all away to a board less like a mental asylum with inmates like You in it - I hope the mods have already found a replacement for You. Again? You show your utter hypocrisy by torpedoing your Own argument Right at the end & sinking it below the waterline without a trace where it deserves to be.

See? You finished by by saying the team gel & we play great football at times without recognising just Who is responsible for much of it On the pitch or have you forgotten just How bad we were without an Alonso/Aquilani/Adam style player? I haven't & it was worse, A Lot worse than anything this season barring the Tottenham Debacle. Kenny might indeed have problems to address to get us to the next stage but they are more likely to be solved within the club now than out - Yes the odd buy might be necessary but major changes? Aren't needed & probably got us In this mess come to think of it waaaaaaaay back in 1991 when it was Us On the throne we now aspire to once more. Kenny knows is all I'll say re' sorting us out - It's all I need to say in the end as he does & eventually? He will..........

NB Howie Lama? No mate - Not using Voice software of Any kind.........

Redshadow. I couldn't be arsed reading all the shite you post and certainly not in the format you write it. Your posts are always too long so I am sure I am not the only one. I always just scheme them and then give up with boredom. I will not follow a player blindly when I have seen nothing to suggest he will become a success.

Less of the insults to by the way, no need for them. This a forum where people can voice their opinion and vent their frustrations. Kenny has not been playing Carroll that much so don't think Kenny will give him as much time as you. Also winning a few headers in a year at the club, am I supposed to be impressed with spunking 35m on that? Who do you think you are by the way?

So infuriating watching him getting repeatedly beaten to ball when the cross came in mostly in the first half (and every game he plays) , the balls got to be perfectly on his head otherwise he aint getting near it.

He doesn't run in front of the defender to try and get at the ball ,he just doesn't really make any runs when the cross is just about to be delivered , fuck knows why ? its so annoying.

Whats he been doing on the training ground ? fuck all by the looks of it.

Hard to see how he isnt going to be the biggest waste of money transfer fuck up of all time , i cant think of anyone that even comes close not even Torres or Shevchenko.

The bit bold is totally true. I've not seen him win a ball yet were he wasn't clear favourite.

Samba was leaping about 2ft higher than him yesterday when they both were going for the ball. Totally lead booted.

Also at the end, we'd made our way to the front of the stand so had a perfect view, Reina launched a perfect ball to his head. Carroll allowed himself to get nudged out of the path of the ball so he didn't have to challenge. He's got absolutely no heart. Get rid.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Haha!

I think he's right. For the most part, he's been playing pretty well. He's had some bad games, which is natural when he doesn't have somebody doing his grunt work for him as he's a limited player, but he has done fairly well. A better signing than Downing.

Guest ShoePiss
I think he's right. For the most part, he's been playing pretty well. He's had some bad games, which is natural when he doesn't have somebody doing his grunt work for him as he's a limited player, but he has done fairly well. A better signing than Downing.

I just don't think he's been one of our best players so far, there are easily 4 or 5 ahead of him. He's had a few good games but mostly he's been poor to average. I wouldn't argue over the value of him though, we paid a fair price for him I think. He's not good enough for us long term though, he's a decent squad player in my opinion.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I just don't think he's been one of our best players so far, there are about 4 or 5 ahead of him. He's had a few good games but mostly he's been poor to average. I wouldn't argue over the value of him though, we paid a fair price for him I think. He's not good enough for us long term though, he's a decent squad player in my opinion.

Agree with most of that, to be honest. I've been disappointed by his set-pieces.

Got to say about Carroll's performance yesterday that we effectively played with 10 men. The lack of effort by the boy is just a disgrace, the only game I have ever seen him try in was his first game in Portugal in the Europa League last season. I remember him making the most ridiculous of passes yesterday that went out of play, when all he had to do was knock it 5 yards for a more simpler pass. Also as someone has previously mentioned, when Luis kept the ball in play, and got to ball back in towards him, his head was obviously elsewhere as the slightest of touches could of put the ball in the back of the net. For a player who can't run, judge the flight of a ball, pass or keep possession of a ball it's time to get rid, a very bad panic buy.

Andy Carroll is becoming a bit of a conundrum isn't he? I think he has the attributes to be a very good physical footballer. He doesn't have lots of technique but he can learn than as he matures...if he wants to learn it that is. Last season when he was almost unplayable at Newcastle for a few months, that is why we paid a large sum of money for him. You could see his heart in his football then. He showed glimpses of it for us against Man City last season too. I just can't fathom what has happened to that footballer now. It has been suggested it comes down to attitude, although others have disagreed, but for me this is the only credible explanation. He just does not seem to care one jot, whether he's on the bench, on the pitch, or in training (according to Reina). Why is this?

I do think he would have preferred to have stayed at his hometown club, but when you are given the opportunity to play for a massive club like us under a fantastic manager like Kenny, wouldn't you want to be at the top of your game every game? Wouldn't you want to learn from the best? He could be one of the best strikers in the country, but gives the impression he isn't really that bothered about it at all, like he's made it, a kind of 'look at me, look where I am!' attitude. If he isn't careful he is going to end up nowhere. Maybe I'm being unfair on the lad. Perhaps he does have the right attitude. I don't see him in training each day, I only watch him on the football pitch when he plays for us. So perhaps it is a confidence thing, but he looks a fairly confident lad to me whenever I see a photo of him or see him smiling on the bench.

Kuyt isn't a technically gifted footballer but he always, always gives more than 100% for us on the pitch, which means I have a soft spot for him and will defend him if someone attacks him. I do believe that if Carroll goes onto the pitch with the same outwardly hungry attitude and desire that Kuyt has, he will destroy teams with his intimidating physical presence and big left foot. Then he will be worth that ridiculous price tag.

More than a threat than Suarez yesterday, he just needs to get his act together, I will admit though he is looking at a loss what his role in the team is and where is he supposed to be at times, he is obviously not an instinctive striker, so a fair portion of the blame has to be pinned on Dalglish and Clarke in how they are coaching him and how they want him to play.

The whole midfield and attack is malfunctioning at the moment. I think it's due to a combination of factors, and I don't think it's simply because the likes of Downing and Adam "aren't good enough". They were good enough to help us to wins against all the top teams in the division.

Obviously Lucas is proving to be a bigger loss than we expected as Henderso just hasn't stepped up and Adam looks hopeless having to play a more disciplined role. This has thrown the whole balance of the midfield off, which hasn't been helped by our sudden unwillingness to get players in the opposition's penalty area. Suarez is spending too much time drifting wide and trying to run at defences from deep (and a lot of defenders are getting wise to this now) and we only ever seem to have one player in the box when the ball is being delivered from wide areas. I'd hoped that Carroll would rectify this yesterday but unfortunately he played like an attacking version of Djimi Traore.

The sooner Gerrard is back in the first team the better...