You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Happy to see this guy sold if we can get some decent money for him as he's never looked like the player we hoped.

Remember him coming on for half an hour at Stamford Brdieg though when Xabi's deflected goal ended their home unbeaten run and he looked really dangerous as the lone striker. Quick and held the ball up well.

Just wonder if he does stay whether Hodgson will see him as the alternative to Torres as the lpone man up front.

Doesn't instil me with great confidence but think he is more suited to the lone man role than Dirk or Ngog and maybe a fresh start under a new regime could bring the best out of him?

Clutching at straws

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said this in another thread, but if we're going to keep him then he has to be able to fill the backup striker role, as we won't have any significant funds to spend on anyone else.

If he can challenge with Jovanovic for the left and also cover up front, keep him. If not, sell him and use the 9 million odd on someone who can do that.

Wasn't he meant to be a striker before he signed? i always thought this was the case but Benitez had decided to play him on the left so he could 'learn and see the game from a different position', or have i just imagined that to try and make it seem his failure to perform in recent season's isn't all his own fault? I would like to see him play there but it's hard to see it happening. Straw clutching most definitely.

I'd hold onto him to see if it's been Rafa that's been holding him back or whether it's just that he's not good enough. I'd say it's the latter, but I'd just like to see either way.

its the former sadly...

rafa's tactics, and handling of players meant many (too many) lost all confidence to play their natural game.

many players turned shit under rafa and i think we'll know see quite a few players playing alot better.

I think it was the way he was played out of the position (he thinks) he's best in. He wants to play up top and, if Roy wants to go 4-4-2 then he might give Babel a shot at claiming the position alongside Torres.

I haven't seen much of Jovanovic but he could do this too, from what I've heard.

The other option is to push Kuyt up as a striker... :shudders:

I'd hold onto him to see if it's been Rafa that's been holding him back or whether it's just that he's not good enough. I'd say it's the latter, but I'd just like to see either way.

That's the problem mate he is good enough, there's no denying the raw talent, hes just a lazy twat distracted by freestyle rapping and twitter.

The question really is whether we have another season to waste on him, Its fucking annoying, like being stuck in a lift for hours with the fella of police academy who makes all the noises.

I am not sure what to do with him.

Part of me thinks he has had enough chances and we should cut our losses.

However another part of me would like to see if Benitez was restricting him and whether Hodgson could get the best out of him.

I will back either decision Hodgson makes.

If we get a good offer (£10M), and if Roy gets all the money to reinvest, then I would probably sell.

Failing this, I will be interested to see if Roy can get more out of Babel. He might yet prove to be a player if he gets some confidence under more of a nurturing type of manager.

If he carries on under Roy as he has been under Rafa, then we know for sure that the failings are down to the player and we should look to move him on.

Keep him.

There's a little voice in the back of my head telling me he will flourish if we persist with him.

Though the same voice did tell me to plot to kidnap my friends niece and lock her up in the attic.

And how did that work out for you?

Just trying to judge if this voice can be trusted.

Guest simon
Why's that then?

Bexause you are all being blinded by hate. He is a top class player but his heart isnt in it if he went to somewhere that held his hand or so to say. He would prove he is. He clearly isnt happy at LFC and is constantly played out of position He thrives on the right and up front but we always played him on the left. He is a funny guy seems to be easily upset maybe he felt lonely i dont know but all he needs is for a manager to have confidence in him and he will prove he is worth what we payed now i dont like the lad but i definately do not want to see him sold to anyone in the prem as we will regret it big time. If Roys gives him a chance he will show how good he is like i said he needs his hand holding the whole way.