You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That's a bizarre article. Hints of xenophobia then calling Roy the English Wenger.

Factual inaccuracies too, unless Gerrard is now in Switzerland and Gabriel Milito has moved to Inter.

It's that photoshopped one on one of the threads here where they have put them together!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are you trying to say a player we buy for say £5m is gona get a £2/3m sign on fee, do you think danny Wilson will get a big sign on fee no he wont, thats rubbish, the fee they get if they dont ask for a transfer is 5-10% of the fee from the selling club.

As far as i'm concerned if we had to give Joe Cole Maxi, Jovanivic £3m a piece in sign ons thats a transfer fee and good Buisness as they'd be worth alot more in the market.

San Jose money went on Danny Wilson, and the Yossi money went to Rafa and Fulham, load of bollocks I know but thats were it went.

Regarding Remy who says we cant Alan Nixon a cunt amongst humanity? who even said we were in for him, the only person thats talking is his agent.

Of course it is a different amount, but they still get a vast amount of money and they still get a pretty hefty signing on fee. And that is on top of the actual transfer fee.

Facts are that we have spent nothing, and if you want to pedantic about it then fine, how about this, we are only spending 2 or 3 million pounds on players!

Don't know about you, but that is not how I would define a 'big summer'!

As for the bit in bold, you don't know shit, the same as me! But if you do know the ins and out's of the transfer dealings, then explain where the Dossena money has gone, and explain where Voronins money has gone.

Of course it is a different amount, but they still get a vast amount of money and they still get a pretty hefty signing on fee. And that is on top of the actual transfer fee.

Facts are that we have spent nothing, and if you want to pedantic about it then fine, how about this, we are only spending 2 or 3 million pounds on players!

Don't know about you, but that is not how I would define a 'big summer'!

As for the bit in bold, you don't know shit, the same as me![/QUOTE]

I'm not expecting a big summer, in fact I dont think we need 1, if we got rid of Babel Insua Riera Degen Plessis Caleveri, we'd raise £20m, get a decent left back and another striker with that and keep the rest of the squad and I'll be more than confident we'd be in the mix for honours this season.

I'd say if pushed on it that'll be there answer at board room level.

My orignal point though is and I really cant understand why people dont think the massive Bosman sign on fees are not considered fees, it has to come from somewhere so if its going to a player rather than a club, would you not say thats part of the transfer budget, its not been pedantic, been pedantic is what Purslow was at last summer saying payrises were coming from the transfer budget.

Bosman signings recieve fees that they would'nt get if clubs had to buy them, these fees should be considered part of the transfer budget. Our last 3 Bosmans if we were to buy them could be worth up to £25m, paying a 3rd of that on sign on fees is great buisness for us and the players but it is the transfer budget.

Milan striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar will join Liverpool, with Ryan Babel heading the other way as part of the deal, claims Il Corriere dello Sport.

On Tuesday Huntelaar was reportedly in Manchester, leading to speculation talks with either Manchester City or Manchester United are impending.

However, the latest reports from Italy suggest he could join Liverpool if Fernando Torres leaves. Huntelaar was not at Milanello on Wednesday, leading to further belief his future is away from Milan.

And should the deal with Liverpool take off, Milan will press for Ryan Babel as part of negotiations.

Everton are also said to be tracking the Rossoneri striker, but the lure of Anfield is likely to prove pivotal in his decision.

There has been little official confirmation in relation to Huntelaar's future, but Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri didn't appear too convincing when he was probed for a diagnosis.

"Huntelaar, for now, is a Milan player," he told the press.

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar To Sign For Liverpool, Ryan Babel Joining Milan - Report - Goal.com

goal.com I know but isnt that Italian paper usually quite good? I'd be happy with that

Milan striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar will join Liverpool, with Ryan Babel heading the other way as part of the deal, claims Il Corriere dello Sport.

On Tuesday Huntelaar was reportedly in Manchester, leading to speculation talks with either Manchester City or Manchester United are impending.

However, the latest reports from Italy suggest he could join Liverpool if Fernando Torres leaves. Huntelaar was not at Milanello on Wednesday, leading to further belief his future is away from Milan.

And should the deal with Liverpool take off, Milan will press for Ryan Babel as part of negotiations.

Everton are also said to be tracking the Rossoneri striker, but the lure of Anfield is likely to prove pivotal in his decision.

There has been little official confirmation in relation to Huntelaar's future, but Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri didn't appear too convincing when he was probed for a diagnosis.

"Huntelaar, for now, is a Milan player," he told the press.

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar To Sign For Liverpool, Ryan Babel Joining Milan - Report - Goal.com

goal.com I know but isnt that Italian paper usually quite good? I'd be happy with that

Very good finisher this boy but as slow as Dirk, which means same problems when Torres is out. He would not be a good temporary or permanent replacement for Torres.

Goal.com so all rubbish

My orignal point though is and I really cant understand why people dont think the massive Bosman sign on fees are not considered fees, it has to come from somewhere so if its going to a player rather than a club, would you not say thats part of the transfer budget, its not been pedantic, been pedantic is what Purslow was at last summer saying payrises were coming from the transfer budget.

If you pay a player a signing on fee, whether it is 1 million or 3 million, it is still a signing on fee. Bare in mind it is roughly 10% of the fee, so for Nando for instance that would be around 2'5 million, for Johnson, close to 2 million, pretty much exactly the same as Joe Cole!

The difference is not as big as you are making out to justify a free signing as a transfer, regarding wages then you have a different point, and obviously you need to fit wages within budgets. But there has been almost 15 million recieved these past two months, on top of the original stated transfer kitty, and we have signed Wilson for 2 million, and we are still scrabbling around for Remi!

If we want him, the money is there. If anything Joe Cole's signing has saved us a minimum 10 million, even taking into account the signing on fee.

That means that the

I like Huntelaar but not as a replacement for Torres. I dont think Torres will go this season think he will give it another season. So to have upfront those options would be brilliant but only for it to be along with Torres. Did hear yesterday that Huntelaar was spotted in Liverpool yesterday.

If you pay a player a signing on fee, whether it is 1 million or 3 million, it is still a signing on fee. Bare in mind it is roughly 10% of the fee, so for Nando for instance that would be around 2'5 million, for Johnson, close to 2 million, pretty much exactly the same as Joe Cole! The difference is not as big as you are making out to justify a free signing as a transfer, regarding wages then you have a different point, and obviously you need to fit wages within budgets. But there has been almost 15 million recieved these past two months, on top of the original stated transfer kitty, and we have signed Wilson for 2 million, and we are still scrabbling around for Remi!

If we want him, the money is there. If anything Joe Cole's signing has saved us a minimum 10 million, even taking into account the signing on fee.

That means that the

The selling club pays the player the fee if he did'nt ask for a transfer not the buying team.

theres alot of people scaremomgering on the forums and twitter and the likes, we sign 3 Bosmans that would have cost us £25m minimum on the market, so out of our transfer budget we payed them a fraction of there value, lets say £8-9m, this comes out of the transfer budget and if people cant see this fine, no point talking about it anymore, you think different thats fine thats your perogative no point us arguing about it.

What £15m has been recieved, Insua has'nt been sold yet either has Riera, there was the transfers in January, but the voronin 1 I'd say we had to give him money on top of that to do 1,

San Jose= Wilson. Yossi money went on the pay offs I dont agrre with it but thats were it went. dossena money seems to have done a lord lucan no arguments there.

And agin this Remy thing, are we even after him, Alan Nixon an absolute prick wrote that article this morning, he was Irish radio an hour 1 bloody hour after Reina signed his new deal saying he new for a fact he was leaving.

Edited by Trucker Paddy

I would bite there hands off for that figure. Best player on the pitch when Stuttgart played Barca and would be a good, versatile player for that figure!

spot on!

he was awesome agaisnt barca, seemed he had a point to proove!

cant forget how good he was in the prem, and 3 million is a steal, good pace, control..excellent vision and a team player.

if this is tru im amazed no big clubs are trying to get him!

how old is he now?