You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My eyes are the most fucked up eyes anyone could possible have.

I went to one place and they wouldnt do my eyes as they said it was too risky

The second place said they would but it would take over a year to do in 3 stages. I would need

A) eye stignatism sliced and flattend, left to heal.

B) eyes sliced open and a implantable contact lens put inside my eyes

C) lazer eye to correct everythings.

Cost £12,000

No thanks il stick to my Joe 90s.

Know a friend who's done it a couple of months ago, first 24-48 hours afterward were a nightmare. He couldn't sleep and the pain was torture, but he's happy with it now.

Varies from person to person, I'm a right 'Ard bastard and it didn't bother me, only had slight stinging for the first few hours then I was up watching the Europa (Liverpool were playing)

Know a friend who's done it a couple of months ago, first 24-48 hours afterward were a nightmare. He couldn't sleep and the pain was torture, but he's happy with it now.

I got my mine done in July last year but forgot to come back on here to give an update. I have to say it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I got mine done in the Wellington Eye Clinic in Dublin and to be honest if anyone in Ireland is thinking of getting it done they should at least go for a consultation here. They do seem to be more expensive that some other services but they were excellent and still follow up to ensure everything is still going fine. I have another checkup later this month and that should be it for me.

Laser Eye Surgery - Wellington Eye Clinic, Dublin, Ireland. LASIK, LASEK - Ireland's Consultant Led Clinic.

To the people who say it was very painful it is really important to remember that there are two different types (Lasik or Lasek) depending on your prescription etc. The pain experienced and the recovery are different for both procedures and I had the Lasik done and was able to watch TV later that evening and drove home from Dublin the following day after my checkup.

If anyone has any questions if you want to ask me on here or PM me i'll be more than happy to answer.

Oh yeah like an earlier poster said the worst bit about it is the slight smell from the laser!!

I got my mine done in July last year but forgot to come back on here to give an update. I have to say it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I got mine done in the Wellington Eye Clinic in Dublin and to be honest if anyone in Ireland is thinking of getting it done they should at least go for a consultation here. They do seem to be more expensive that some other services but they were excellent and still follow up to ensure everything is still going fine. I have another checkup later this month and that should be it for me.

Laser Eye Surgery - Wellington Eye Clinic, Dublin, Ireland. LASIK, LASEK - Ireland's Consultant Led Clinic.

To the people who say it was very painful it is really important to remember that there are two different types (Lasik or Lasek) depending on your prescription etc. The pain experienced and the recovery are different for both procedures and I had the Lasik done and was able to watch TV later that evening and drove home from Dublin the following day after my checkup.

If anyone has any questions if you want to ask me on here or PM me i'll be more than happy to answer.

Oh yeah like an earlier poster said the worst bit about it is the slight smell from the laser!!

Cheers for the update. I'm getting LASIK done, so hopefully it will be as pain-free as yours.

I got a groupon voucher for £1,500 off the procedure, the voucher cost me £100. Normally it would cost £2,800 so I am getting it done for half price which is awesome. I too have plumped for Lasik. Unfortunately my cunting eyes decided to get Blepharitis less than a fucking week before the procedure was due so have had to postpone. The Blepharitis hasn't cleared up and getting a doctor's appointment is a royal ball ache. If it all clears up I will have lasered eyes on 24th Feb.

I'm scared and paranoid about relatively new technologies. If another decade passes and Jonathan Edwards' eyeballs haven't exploded then I'll consider it

Plus I'm excruciatingly squeamish about eyes. My eyes, other's eyes. Can't be doing with them. Glasses provide me with a perfect physical barrier from anyone who wants to poke me in the eye. I also saw an episode of "How it's done" which showed in detail the process behind Laser Eye Surgery and it mortified me

Guest TesticleOReilly
I'm scared and paranoid about relatively new technologies. If another decade passes and Jonathan Edwards' eyeballs haven't exploded then I'll consider it

Plus I'm excruciatingly squeamish about eyes. My eyes, other's eyes. Can't be doing with them. Glasses provide me with a perfect physical barrier from anyone who wants to poke me in the eye. I also saw an episode of "How it's done" which showed in detail the process behind Laser Eye Surgery and it mortified me

The procedure's not painful, just slightly itchy, the worst thing is the smell, you're faintly aware of it until it dawns on you that the stench of cooked meat is your own eyes on fire, as the laser is burning it's way across your lens, and instantly vapourizing the flesh like vampires combusting in daylight.

The procedure's not painful, just slightly itchy, the worst thing is the smell, you're faintly aware of it until it dawns on you that the stench of cooked meat is your own eyes on fire, as the laser is burning it's way across your lens, and instantly vapourizing the flesh like vampires combusting in daylight.

It's not the pain. It's the fact they cut a flap in your eye, peel it back, fire a laser into it then casually replace it like nothing has happened. The thought of it makes me feel sick due to general eye-squeamishness

It's not the pain. It's the fact they cut a flap in your eye, peel it back, fire a laser into it then casually replace it like nothing has happened. The thought of it makes me feel sick due to general eye-squeamishness

That's Lasik, I had Lasek.

Lasik is for pussies. :whistle:

• 4 weeks later...