You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Panini World Cup sticker album

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like they're around 50p a pack

FIFA World Cup 2010 Panini Stickers - 10 packs: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

Weren't that expensive in my day.

Can't see the fun in it now though when you could afford to buy a load in bulk. Not quite the same as scrambling around looking for 20p down the back of the sofa to get enough to buy a pack from the newsagents.

Guest ShoePiss
50p a packet. I am collecting thme for my 4 year old. He hasnt got a clue whats goin on but I am fucking loving it helping him stick them in. The Badged are still boss in it.

Still shiny metal type ones then? I liked those.

I think my first panini was football 84 and I stopped at it 87 I think. Got bored of having around 20 swaps of David Pleat as Spurs manager.

Guest ShoePiss
'86 was my favourite world cup.

Mine too actually. The Azteca stadium just amazed me, also helped that we'd just won the double under king kenny though.

Only ever did the 98 one. Never got close to finishing it as I never took it as seriously as the league one. Was disappointing though cos all the stickers for one country were card rather than stickers and you had to sellotape them in. Also another country, I think it was Saudi Arabia, I never found a single sticker for them. Nor did anyone I knew that was doing it. After a while I gave up cos I knew I couldn't finish the album.

Reading this thread has made me remember the joy of ripping open a pack, not too hard though as you might take the top off the stickers. Then the fun of pealing the 40+ stickers you just bought.

Got

Got

Need

Need

Got

Need

Got

Looks like they're around 50p a pack

FIFA World Cup 2010 Panini Stickers - 10 packs: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

Weren't that expensive in my day.

Can't see the fun in it now though when you could afford to buy a load in bulk. Not quite the same as scrambling around looking for 20p down the back of the sofa to get enough to buy a pack from the newsagents.

Yeah, don't think I'll bother actually. Won't have the same feeling as it did back then.

'86 was my favourite world cup.

'94 was much better and my fave. Some of the goals were legendary.

I spent much of the mid-late 80's trying to get rid of a room full of Romeo Zondervan stickers. He was in every pack.

romeo_zondervan_1991_400x300.jpg

I had the same with a Moroccan player. Fuck knows what his name was.

This was boss (showing my age here):

mex86alb090001.JPG

mexico86pack.JPG

COMBO_39.gif

That was the only world cup I was into sticker books for, thought of it as soon as I saw the thread. It's weird as hell seeing those pics, can barely even remember it! Used to love the league ones though and getting the shiny club badges, etc. Seems like so long ago.. Just noticed the Butragueno sticker there aswell, he was a great player.

I have Football 85 complete in the shed.

You had to collect them when we were kids. How else would you have heard of Kenny Jacket / Vince Hilaire / Sammy Chung. And their places of birth. And how many times they've played for their team.

I went to a wedding last year and the groom brought out completed 78, 79, 80, 81 and a half-filled World Cup / European one.

At 10.30 the women were dancing in pairs a la Derby and Joan club while all the blokes stood around arguing whether Kenny Burns was better than Dennis Mortimer. Or if St Mirren was harder to get than Falkirk.

Classic evening.

I don't think it would be the same now. Back then I used to have to wait for my pocket money, ration it between the stickers and sweets and open the packets praying, PRAYING I had that crest foiley to complete the page.

Now I could afford to go and wipe my local paper shop out of the stickers because I work. I don't think there's be any challenge in it