You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Manc Derby

Fowlers God

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PurpleNose

I don't think the result of this game will have any impact on our season, or who wins the title.

We're not going to finish 4th. United are not going to win the title.

4th has gone, I want to see city absolutely batter them into oblivion. I don't want it to be a rough game either, just want to see city completely outclass them all over the pitch without even having to resort to that.

Saying that though I love watching the way city press them. When they're on their game utd have almost no time at all in midfield and if only other teams would do the fucking same. I actually like watching these games mainly because of that. Also why I enjoyed watching Bayern so much the other other night, even if it was only the last 15 mins or so.

We're not out of it if we can manage to win all of our remaining games, which we can do because we always perform better under pressure.

How?

City to lose against United, Arsenal, Villa and draw Spurs. All of which could easily happen.

Spurs lose against Arsenal, Chelsea, United and draw City.

The Chelsea game will obviously be the one we'll struggle most, but they are not nearly as good away from home as they are at home and if my predictions are right they'll still win the league because they have Wigan at home in the last game and they'll have a four point lead when they play us.

Any Liverpool fan not wanting United to win their next two games are fucking mental in my opinion. Liverpool FC doing the best we can should always be the first priority and hoping United to fail is more important than us not getting fourth place is fucking pathetic.

We're not out of it if we can manage to win all of our remaining games, which we can do because we always perform better under pressure.

Well yeah, but the Fulham game was basically us under a lot of pressure with no room to fuck up aswell, and look what happened. I wouldn't hold out much hope of 4th anymore. And if Torres has gone for the rest of the season I'm not holding out for anything personally. If Rafa leaves and looks back at what went wrong, he probably needs to look no further than no striker in the last window, as simple as it sounds.

N'gog has had far too much pressure placed on him by the looks of it.

There is no chance we'll finish 4th. City will drop points, but so will we.

I wouldn't be surprised if we lose at Burnely. Had they lost on Saturday we could have gone there and won without getting out of 2nd gear, but their win has given them a bit of belief and a slight chance of staying up so they'll be well up for it.

West Ham and Hull will be in a similar position and Chelsea are chasing the title. We're fucked.

Nice positive attitude.

We want our closest rivals to lose and at the mo that is city, spurs and villa. We then try and win all 4 and see what happens.

It might be close to being over but it isn't yet!

Alright, gotta admit you have a point after checking city's remaining games. If chelsea win all their remaining apart from against us and still manage to take the title, I'd happily see city draw with utd.

Shit, it really has struck home now, I can't even hope city beat the fuckers! This really sucks.

No matter what we still need to hold onto 4th and keep playing for it until it is mathmaticly possible. You dont see any one in a relegation battle giving up but the teams in front may not lose their games. Fucking bollocks to all the people who want City to win just to stop the mancs from winning again, Surely the future of our club is more important than any bragging rights with the mancs. The future of our club at the moment hinges on 4th. Not because thats the position we want to finish but its the lowest position available to us to bring the correct amount of money and footballing credidentials that CL foorball brings. FFS all you twats that think otherwise. Negged to everyone who said a city win. And While I am at it a neg to any one who wrote Citeh!

Guest PurpleNose
Surely the future of our club is more important than any bragging rights with the mancs. The future of our club at the moment hinges on 4th. Not because thats the position we want to finish but its the lowest position available to us to bring the correct amount of money and footballing credidentials that CL foorball brings. FFS all you twats that think otherwise.

No it doesn't.