You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rangers confirm Liverpool approach for teenage defender Danny Wilson

StevieH

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love all this good news. It's a bit disconcerting for a Liverpool fan nowadays though. It's like when one of those old women who have struggled to raise a family of four with no husband and no job suddenly finds out that they have won £70m on the lottery.

The last couple of days have been great, what with the two signings and also Gerrard hinting that he's going to stay. I'll be honest though, i've seen nothing of this lad so I can't comment on any hopes of him turning into a good player.

It is nice though that we're bringing players with high potential such as this lad and Shelvey. You can never be sure of a player's development but all you can do is bring in those with potential and hope that a mixture of good coaching and luck will deliver the requisite results.

Good comments from the guy from RANGERS Supporters Trust on Sky:

Wilson is today a better player that Soto (they had him at Rangers).

Wilson has a lot to learn and will probably not play that many games next season. However, he is an excellent prospect and Liverpool could have a similar situation to when they bought Alan Hansen from Patrick Thistle.

The last couple of days have been great, what with the two signings and also Gerrard hinting that he's going to stay. I'll be honest though, i've seen nothing of this lad so I can't comment on any hopes of him turning into a good player.

It is nice though that we're bringing players with high potential such as this lad and Shelvey. You can never be sure of a player's development but all you can do is bring in those with potential and hope that a mixture of good coaching and luck will deliver the requisite results.

Its been a while since we have had some positive news coming through.

Was dreading this coming season but slowly but surely the excitement is coming back.

I've a mate who's a Rangers fan but he's too busy beating his wife and drinking Tennants Special Brew to give his opinion on this lad.

If you are going to insult someone at least get your facts right.

Carlsberg make special brew whilst Tennents make Tennents Super.

Negged for insufficient beer knowledge.

I've seen a lot of Wilson up here (through a haze of deep-fried heroin and Buckfast obviously). In the SPL he strolled through games - reads the game well, composed and comfortable on the ball. Having said that, 84 year old Davie Weir also strolled through most SPL games, the only decent striker here last season was Robbie Keane. Hopefully Wilson can make the step up but I wouldn't expect him to play much this coming season - one for the future. By all accounts he's a bright lad and very ambitious so he shouldn't come back up the road with homesickness like a lot of Scottish guys who move south.

If you are going to insult someone at least get your facts right.

Carlsberg make special brew whilst Tennents make Tennents Super.

Negged for insufficient beer knowledge.

Throw some Pizza Crunch at his head as well... or any of the 9m other things they stick in batter.

He's £2 million, with £3 million more if he makes a certain number of appearances. So, if he doesn't make it, shouldn't be too hard to recover much of that £2 million back, if he's quality then we spend £5 million on him and have a top class CB for only £5 million. Great bit of business here. Considering Slur spent £8 million on Smalling.

just spoke to a mate of mine (Rangers fan lives in scotland) he rates him will need to toughen up a bit for the premier league though, he says Liverpool have made £500K bid for James McArthur from Hamilton just been on a local sports phone in not seen anything on ssn though

just spoke to a mate of mine (Rangers fan lives in scotland) he rates him will need to toughen up a bit for the premier league though, he says Liverpool have made £500K bid for James McArthur from Hamilton just been on a local sports phone in not seen anything on ssn though

I know that Wigan have made a similar bid. McCarthy was a great punt for them from Hamilton the previous year, a steal at £2m.