You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Last Day of the Kop

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

(Pinched unashamedly off the rattle)

Fucking boss

And in the current climate, a reminder that whatever happens, however much they try take our club, defile it, asset strip it, treat it with contempt or some cheap plaything , there is one thing that they cannot buy or sell, one thing that will be here long after they cold in their graves, one thing they will never, ever conquer

The fans

JjnXzdvc1R8

Watching that nearly has me in tears. Its a thing of utter beauty. Hearing "Shankly, Shankly, Shankly"..sent shivers down my spine.

Seeing the wives of Bob and Shanks with Joe was very moving and a poignant reminder of what this club should be about.

Thanks for posting it.

To cheer meself up, and to educate my young son to boot, the other day I sat and watched a DVD history of my beloved club.

Two major things sprang out:

1. What fantastic players we have had the honour of gracing our hallowed turf, over the decades.

2. The fans. Made us special, made us set aside from the rest.

Standards have dropped recently, and us, the fans, have been partly responsible for this.

Being a young lad it breaks my heart that I wasn't born in time to stand on the real Kop. Football has become too diluted, too plastic. Kenny got a louder reception in that video then most goals get at Anfield these days.

Hairs on the back of the neck stuff that video, even if I was only 5 at the time.

Good link that fair play, although I'd been going over to games as a child with family and football clubs etc since the mid 1980's, that season was the first time I got to head over to the games on my own, 1st time I stood on the kop was 2 days after my 17th birthday against Oldham on 16th October 1993, i was at the ground around midday, remember paying in £7 and standing in the middle of the Kop. Game finished 2-1 we were 1 down in the last minute when young Robert Fowler scored his first league goal and I think it was a Nicky Henry O.G that won it for us, always wished I'd been born 5 years earlier to be there alot more.

I count it as my number one thing in football that i've seen/watched/achieved/supported along the way that I stood on the Kop to watch some matches.

I'm 27 and if it wasnt for my best mate and his dad that would never of happened and i'll always be eternally grateful to them for that.

My love for this club was cemented as a young lad.

That video is immense.

I fucking love my club, and you yank cunts will never take that away from me.

I went to the thing the next day

So did I with my brother and my 'arl fella

Remember The Farm being on, and Tony Snell getting a Liverpool scarf forced on him

Still got that card they handed out somewhere in my Dad's covered in autographs

Was at the Norwich game, but in the Dads and Lads in the Anfield Road, only ever got to stand on the Kop twice for a game, can still remember getting my knickers in a twist because I couldn't see fuck all

Welled up watching the video

Guest Pistonbroke

Memories will always be in my mind. No fucker can take that away. I just hope that the younger fans get to experience what us older fans were lucky enough to be a part of.

Remember the day well. It was sad a Liverpool player didnt score the last goal in front of the Kop.

Jeremy Goss, If I remember correctly.

Some fella ran on after the game with a fly-away and scored in the Kop goal, got nicked by the plod for it as well the miserable twats, got a huge cheer from the Kop though.

I was officially pregnant for that game, Newcastle was my last one. Actually, i've probably been on the Kop only a hand full of times since it's been all seater.

Miss the noise, the horse voice and the ears not hearing clearly for hours afterwards.

Some fella ran on after the game with a fly-away and scored in the Kop goal, got nicked by the plod for it as well the miserable twats, got a huge cheer from the Kop though.

Is right. I was saying to my mate 'better buck up our ideas here else norwich will score' and just finished the sentence when the curly mopped one thundered a shot into our goal. Bastard!

That was John Garner, who was involved in setting up SOS

There was an article on the offal a while ago about it

EDIT

Found it

RTK: John Garner's greatest day - Liverpool FC

I remember that last day of The Kop, the atmosphere was fucking amazing in the build up.

Then the team came out and played atrocious football. Worse than this season.

I'd always put that game to the back of my mind, then read some more of Reade's book and he talks about it, then it all came flooding back.

Our atmosphere has never really been the same since they knocked our twelth man down.

I was officially pregnant for that game, Newcastle was my last one. Actually, i've probably been on the Kop only a hand full of times since it's been all seater.

Miss the noise, the horse voice and the ears not hearing clearly for hours afterwards.

And there was always a fella having a piss through a paper and splashing your trainers. Those cups of Bovril and buying loosies for 10p and fella's ending up giving you about three for nothing.

And nearly getting twatted in the face by a Jan Molby piledriver every week.