You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mascherano -Waste Of Space

BexBissel

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mascherano is a limited player overall but very good in his own restricted role, he`s more a luxury we maybe cant afford considering the lack of ability among the players around him so we need our CM`s to contribute more going forward, but I would not call him a waste of space.

He's a world class defensive midfielder, don't expect long shots or killer passes but just a brilliant player at breaking up play and winning posession and he's the best.

Don't blame mascherano for the limitations of the 'attacking' players around him. You bell.

He really isnt any good.

He's very good at what he does but he is not that great at anything else. To be honest I thought Sissoko was even better at breaking up play as he was stronger quicker and more physical but he was even more limited on the ball than Masch. I suspect that Masch will be sold and Lucas will take his place. While Lucas is not nearly as adept defensively, he is a far superior ball player.

I really can't believe those that think he is the best in the world at his position though. He is a great player and of all our players I would have him as captain but he is very limited. In the 80's and 90's he would never have been considered a "Liverpool" type player. Essien is far and away the best defensive midfielder in the world. Masch is in the group chasing.