You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Derby match Thread

Fowlers God

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word on the street;

..............................Reina................

Carra.....................Greek...Agger......Insua

Kuyt..............Mascher.....Lucas...........Maxi

...........................Gerrard.........................

............................Ngog..........................

In which case I predict 2-0 (Maxi, Gerrard)

Maxi starting is interesting.

I'd have gone with Riera myself. He has experience of this game. Big ask for Maxi to fill in straight away.

Gerrard to have a stormer today.

Give the 1st team lads a day off - We'll beat that Blue Shite with the team below..... COME ON RED MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------Cavaliri-------------------------

Deggan------- Ayala -------Irwin--------- Aurellio---------

-----------------Spearing---------- Plessis---------------

----El Zhar--------- Pacheco---------- Darby------------

-------------------------Amoo--------------------------

Arteta is ready, but unlikely to start. Osman and Fellaini will surely play in the midfield. Cahill ahead of them. Similar strength to our CMs, without Aquilani on the bench, Mascherano daily form and Gerrard's spark of genius, so everything that can decide tomorrow match. Training photos showed Lucas, Gerrard ans Masch on the pitch. What worries me is lack of, as usual and as simple as that, creativity there. Mascherano has an eye for a pass and some drive and, what not many notice, gives the ball awat very rarely. Lucas similar, but 30% of each. I fear the situation we might defend a lot. We used to have a well deserved reputation for a team defending the the result the best and eventually able to score vital goals at the end.

It is no more like that and what half a year ago seemed unprobable - playing counter-attack against Everton, can happen this time. Maxi and Riera have no pace, isn't Babel the only proposition for through balls and quick attacks? Kuyt, Maxi and Riera, likely to perform tomorrow, virtually are extremely slow for their positions. Maybe Aquilani will come on the pitch in second half with Babel to turn the game. Aquilani has a decent record of an assist per start this calendar year in the league. I guess he starts against Arsenal, when the game will be less physical and more open. Mascherano stamina and sacrifice can never be put into question, but if we are to break the deadlock some time in the game, he has to play a bit more in front of Lucas. Can Lucas cope with Cahill, Fellaini or Osman? Can he win headers? Isn't Aquilani taller, almost Torres' height?

Benitez will start like this way:

Reina

Carra

Gyros

Skrtel

Insua

Maxi

Lucas

Monsterano

Gerro

Riera

Kuyt

I'd start this way:

Reina

Carra

Skrtel

Gyros

Insua (Aurelio if 120% fit)

Maxi

Mascherano

Gerrard

Riera

Aquilani

Kuyt

Lucas is clever and outsmarts opponents, can't see him stopping Fellaini or any tall and strong player. Gerrard used to be a centre midfielder and can do it for this single, even last time. Aquilani has nice understanding with Dirk. Two assists in two starts. Not bad, is it?