You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

Currently 14st 5lb and I was touching 17 in January last year.  I was a down to 14st 2lb before xmas but decided to go for it as I'd done so well all year so not too bad considering all the gluttony.  Trying to cut down on my processed carbs and sugar intake to push on with my weight loss from going the Gym.  I generally cook from scratch most nights but am a slave to crisps and the odd pastry product.  I'm also a bugger for ale but I don't want to give that up as I'm only human and after a week of wage-slaving/toddler care a couple of beers is what I need. 

Breakfast I had 3 boiled eggs, a bit of cheese and a cup of coffee.  I'm actually not hungry yet whereas usually I'd be reaching for the crisps or a cuppasoup about now.

Lunch - Having a salad consisting of lettuce, carrot, gherkins, ham, another egg (not sure if I can face it TBH) and a bit of cheese, and an avocado and a bit of fruit

Not sure what I'm having for Tea, possibly a sausage casserole maybe with a bit of Bulgur or Quinoa so I get a few carbs in me.  

I do fucking love my carbs though. 

foods-rich-in-carbs.jpg

Can't catch a fucking break recently. Changed my work location six months ago more stress too. Ended up eating more and training less.

Determined step it up at start of year. One good week of training them picked up a bug not felt right for nearly 2 weeks.

Look like shit although flabby more than fat just frustrating. Off work today plan was gym then a run later yet again I feel like shit

Can't catch a fucking break recently. Changed my work location six months ago more stress too. Ended up eating more and training less.

Determined step it up at start of year. One good week of training them picked up a bug not felt right for nearly 2 weeks.

Look like shit although flabby more than fat just frustrating. Off work today plan was gym then a run later yet again I feel like shit

Hear that mate.  twat of a time of year

Three boiled eggs for breakfast and another egg at dinner time seems a bit excessive, to me. Do you suffer from constipation?

Do you like seafood? You could try replacing cheese with prawns. Prawn salads are boss. Just don't have Thousand Island sauce, as you'll rack up the calories. Black pepper and freshly squeezed lemon juice should be adequate.

Three boiled eggs for breakfast and another egg at dinner time seems a bit excessive, to me. Do you suffer from constipation?

Do you like seafood? You could try replacing cheese with prawns. Prawn salads are boss. Just don't have Thousand Island sauce, as you'll rack up the calories. Black pepper and freshly squeezed lemon juice should be adequate.

I'll tell you tomorrow for the constipation.  I think I'll jetison my lunch egg or save it for tomorrow.

Good shout re: the prawns, love the buggers.  All this talk of food is making me hungry so my avocado is getting battered in a minute. 

Whats wrong with eggs? Don't say Cholesterol because this is the good type especially if you train. It is fuel.

I eat at 6-10 eggs everyday.

I had toothache the other week & stopped eating properly for a few days, I've since cut out the shite (biscuits, cakes & sugary cups of tea) & I've gone from about 11 stone to nearer 10. I fucking hate toothache, I'd rather starve.

My wife said I look like an AIDS victim the other night when I took my top off, which was truly a beautiful moment.

Been doing loads of cardio stuff this last few weeks building it up so I can get out running again but one thing has struck me and that is how shit the weights are for overall fitness. I have had a bit of a break but I train really hard and as heavy as I can manage. 5/6 days a week.

I live up a reasonably steep but quite short hill. I used to run up it and cycle up with barely changing gear.

There is an oldish guy who lives a bit further up than me and I laugh at him every morning when he comes up after going for his paper weaving and puffing in all his yellow lycra gear. 2 or 3 times a day he passes by going about his business and always raises a chuckle.

Not anymore as I have to get off and push. I have none cardio fitness at all, shockingly bad. 12 months ago I was doing 1/2 marathons at 5' 11'' and 14 1/2 stone. I'm now 13 and 1/2 and can't run a bath.

• Upvote 1

Whats wrong with eggs? Don't say Cholesterol because this is the good type especially if you train. It is fuel.

I eat at 6-10 eggs everyday.

Eat too many eggs and I have trouble passing stools.

I don't 'train' and have never been to a gym.

I lost about 8 stone last year though. I'm 5'10". I went from 20 stone to just under 12 stone. I ate a balanced diet, didn't overeat and walked a couple of miles per day.

Eat too many eggs and I have trouble passing stools.

I don't 'train' and have never been to a gym.

I lost about 8 stone last year though. I'm 5'10". I went from 20 stone to just under 12 stone.

I ate a balanced diet, didn't overeat and walked a couple of miles per day.

No such thing as a balanced diet mate. Just good diets and shit diets.

Walking a couple of miles a day may not sound like training but is probably more than 50% of the population do in a week or even a month.

Don't knock that you are probably fitter than me who goes the gym every day.

People are under the illusion that eating fat somehow makes you fat. Like you body takes the rind off bacon and glues it to your belly.

Eat 10,000 calories a day of broccoli and you will be a fat bastard just as much as 10,000 calories of lard. Both will kill you if you tried and the problem is you could eat 10.000 cals of bacon but no chance getting that much broccoli in you.

I started walking a few years ago to shift weight. Then I found I was walking 10 15 20 miles to get knackered. That took too long so I tried running a bit next I am doing 10k's in 40 something minutes. You can amaze yourself if you keep increasing it a little bit at a time.

I can't cycle up my hill just now but my target is a 250 mile round trip t a place I know over two days and then I'll book myself a cycle touring holiday somewhere nice.

I'll tell you tomorrow for the constipation.  I think I'll jetison my lunch egg or save it for tomorrow.

Good shout re: the prawns, love the buggers.  All this talk of food is making me hungry so my avocado is getting battered in a minute. 

I'm not sure battered avocado is a good idea mate, i mean, you're not Scotch are you?

I can't go a month without getting a cold which keeps me down for at least 5 days/a week. I eat loads of fruit and veg - they're massively overrated to keep illness away. I look demented in the gym with my hand sanitising gel.

There's something not right there

I can't go a month without getting a cold which keeps me down for at least 5 days/a week. I eat loads of fruit and veg - they're massively overrated to keep illness away. I look demented in the gym with my hand sanitising gel.

I bet you are on a low fat diet, low fat this low fat that. It's bollocks.

High fat (good fats) fill you up more, protect your immune system and keep you fill for longer and stop you snacking.

You lads should look into Huel. I'm using it to gain weight but that's cos I need a good 2000 calories more than most due to my height.

It's full of vitamins, fibre, protein.. etc. Some people moan about the taste but if you get the mix just right I like it. Would probably be even better with milk over water. It's really filling too. 2 scoops is about the equivalent of a 400 calorie meal but with no ridiculous amounts of fat, salt and the like

You lads should look into Huel. I'm using it to gain weight but that's cos I need a good 2000 calories more than most due to my height.

It's full of vitamins, fibre, protein.. etc. Some people moan about the taste but if you get the mix just right I like it. Would probably be even better with milk over water. It's really filling too. 2 scoops is about the equivalent of a 400 calorie meal but with no ridiculous amounts of fat, salt and the like

2000 more because of your height? What are you 30ft tall?

Height has fuck all to do with calorie requirement. 

I have a mate who is 5ft 5'' if he is lucky. Semi professional rugby player. Hard as fuck and about 20 stone.

Did no training and ran a marathon dressed as Buzz Lightyear for a bet. Must eat 6-7 thousand cals a day.