You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody watch this last night? Thought it was quite funny myself. Not as good as other ones but still funny.

Thought the same, but not sure if was just not as funny, or if the humour was just tired. When it first came out there was nothing like it. But now, "what did you have for your tea dave?" it's all been said.

I loved it, it's just simple daft humour. The bit at the start where they were hiding and telling each other to keep their heads down (whilst waiting for Jim to return) and when Denise asked Anthony if she could include her £20 with his £500 present, was incredibly daft but ace, IMO.

Guest davelfc

You cannot compare it with what has come before, it was ground breaking when it first started. Sure they used up all of the good jokes and situations over the previous series and xmas specials so it's going to live in the shadow of them and isn't ever going to be better.

But even as I sat there and thought it was a little daft and that some of the jokes were at times 'desperate' it made me laugh out loud a few times. Which if I'm honest not many comedy shows do these days and very rarely does much over xmas on tv. So as much as I wanted to slate it, I cannot as it was a success and I enjoyed it.

It was even worse than last year's Christmas special - and that was seriously shit.

Some TV shows are best left alone. If they're good enough the original episodes will stand the test of time without the need for yearly specials which are merely parodies of their former selves.

Obviously there were some funny moments, but on the whole it was a million miles away from the originals.

Guest davelfc

Laughed a lot when Barb told the story of how Jo (think it was him) slept on the couch and she thought he had a little accident during the night as when she came downstairs he was drying the seat cushion by the fire.

Jim jumped up, "what! he had the bloody fire on! "

It was even worse than last year's Christmas special - and that was seriously shit.

Some TV shows are best left alone. If they're good enough the original episodes will stand the test of time without the need for yearly specials which are merely parodies of their former selves.

Obviously there were some funny moments, but on the whole it was a million miles away from the originals.

My thoughts exactly, i hoped they'd leave it alone after the last one and I hope it even more after this year.