You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TV Licence

Nomad

58 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

It doesn't have to be a TV. It's anything with the capability of showing their content I think.

Just don't pay it. The sooner more people tell the corrupt BBC to fuck off the better. We're supposed to live live in one of the most forward thinking countries in the world but it's a criminal offence not to have a licence if you own anything that can show TV.

Is right.

5 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

The amounts of repeats on BBC One and ITV, especially at weekends, is a joke.

I would have thought repeats would be right up your alleyway. 

7 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

LLF is the best program on the telly but is also available via Kodi.

Found myself watching that the other day for the first time as a family I know were on it (Hazel and Kenneth), probably the first time I’ve seen ITV in years. 

Dont get me started on ITVBe though.That station needs nuking from orbit as if it’s LV-426.

We should be reimbursed for having a tv license simply due to that station existing. 

Got a phone call off my daughter a few years back when she had moved into her first house. 

Dad there's some bloke in our house saying he can take our telly away

He'll be a TV Licensing guy, love put him on the phone

I can't

Why ?

Anthony's got him on the floor choking him

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

But they can't force entry without a warrant?

Nope.

TV Licensing can only enter your home without your permission if authorised to do so under a search warrant granted by a magistrate (or sheriff in Scotland). ... TV Licensing will be accompanied by the police when executing a search warrant.

If TV licencing turn up at your door and and tell you they know you've been watching TV, they're telling porkies to try and get you to admit to it. Just ask them to leave and close the door. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

TV licence fee fury as BBC spends £3m on mugs and magnets – equivalent of 20,000 licences

https://nytimespost.com/tv-licence-fee-fury-as-bbc-spends-3m-on-mugs-and-magnets-equivalent-of-20000-licences/

Company spends money shocker. Maybe they’d be better off getting the staff to work in Victorian conditions and not promoting programmes so people don’t watch them.  Jesus Christ.  

9 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Company spends money shocker. Maybe they’d be better off getting the staff to work in Victorian conditions and not promoting programmes so people don’t watch them.  Jesus Christ.  

£3m on needless tat when they're constantly banging on needing to cut back on spending. Makes perfect sense.

• Upvote 1