You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

fowler9

ignoring the dive(which actually helped us) he was fantastic yesturday, lets face it, if he was english or played for Arsenal or Man U he would be raved about, he has impressed me almost every time he has featured so far this season, good scoring record, runs at defenders, has some excellent tricks and has pace, he lacks strength but that will come in time. He is far from the finished article and i would rather we had another decent striker in the pecking order between him and Torres but doesnt deserve anywhere near the stick he gets from the media and opposition arseholes, he cost 1.5million and is 20 for fucks sake, much better than Welbeck and Sturridge imo

keep it up David lad!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
ignoring the dive(which actually helped us) he was fantastic yesturday, lets face it, if he was english or played for Arsenal or Man U he would be raved about, he has impressed me almost every time he has featured so far this season, good scoring record, runs at defenders, has some excellent tricks and has pace, he lacks strength but that will come in time. He is far from the finished article and i would rather we had another decent striker in the pecking order between him and Torres but doesnt deserve anywhere near the stick he gets from the media and opposition arseholes, he cost 1.5million and is 20 for fucks sake, much better than Welbeck and Sturridge imo

keep it up David lad!

The opposition where shit

There was no pressure in midfield

Yadda, yadda, yadda

Some people just seemed to want him to be shit from the start.

After a game or 2 it was ''fucking hell, he's shit, why did we buy him.'' I really don't know why he was so harshly judged so soon.

But he's proving people wrong cos he clearly is far from shit and if he keeps improving at the rate he has done since he joined, he'll be a good player.

The finish last night was, technically, superb.

He's got a bit of confidence now, and it's starting to show.

If he keeps on developing, that £1.5m will look a bargain in three years' time.

Birmingham, generally, are shit, but I thought Johnson and Dann looked pretty good together at the back. They defended very well, especially when Ridgewell tucked in and made it narrow.

He's already good, and could be very good. I'm pleased we have him. He's taken his chance so fair play to him.

However, he will for ever be considered shite by the idiots who make their minds up after a few performances. As long as he can ignore those know-nothing gobshites then he's got a real chance.

i've always liked him to be honest. I think certain people are going to have a hard time accepting him as a decent player unfortunately due to forum politics. Looking at the MOM Vs Arsenal thread it was uncanny looking at which posters had failed to see how well Degen had played - you could have predicted which ones.

Yes, hopefully we can look forward to the likes of Degen, Ngog and Lucas cementing their places and being fixtures for many years to come in future Liverpool sides.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Yes, hopefully we can look forward to the likes of Degen, Ngog and Lucas cementing their places and being fixtures for many years to come in future Liverpool sides.

No one is saying that though are they?

Or is there no middle-ground, do you have to be either absolutely shit or fucking brilliant?

I think he's done ok for his age but i'm not sure. if we're going to play kids like N'gog and Insua then we'll have funny results. it's ironic that people call on Benitez to play kids but wont put up with inconsistant results, personally since this season is a write off i'm hoping to see Pacheco, Kelly and some others get games because at least we can start thinking about the future especially as the owners wont be spending any money.

We need to start developing a winning style of play with quality players who are available when Gerrard and Torres are injured so we dont look so shit.

fucking hell, is this how low we are, that a fucking stunningly poor performance, but he took part in 2 goals, one of which shouldn't have been a goal and everyone is wetting their pants. he is fucking rubbish. at least twice yesterday he did "air headers" when totally unmarked ion the box, i don't know how many time he got the simplest of balls to control and couldn't. he is a below average pro footballer who will be plying his trade in the lower leagues in france in 2 years.

fucking hell, is this how low we are, that a fucking stunningly poor performance, but he took part in 2 goals, one of which shouldn't have been a goal and everyone is wetting their pants. he is fucking rubbish. at least twice yesterday he did "air headers" when totally unmarked ion the box, i don't know how many time he got the simplest of balls to control and couldn't. he is a below average pro footballer who will be plying his trade in the lower leagues in france in 2 years.

Can I put you down as a "no"?

He is a better player than adebayor was when he first came to this country so if we can have a player that will develop into a sub or squad player of that quality then i will be happy.

This club is more likely to fail because we wont allow players to develop in the long run, why we can't just allow players time is beyond me, but hey football is more about the now rather than present, even though its one of the reasons why we are in the fucking mess we currently see's ourselves financially on and off the pitch.